Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Protest what?
I'm sure the players are capable of having beers without needing to wear a costume. It's just not for me. If other people enjoy it, cool, I just would feel uncomfortable.

I only relate from the experience of going to a party with a fancy dress theme one year and being one of the lame ones who stood out at being in the handful of people of a crowd of 100 who didn't make an effort. Killer party!

Really doesn't hurt to spend $20 on a superman/wonderwoman costume at a local hire shop just to get into the spirit of things - if you're lucky enough to be invited to one. Oh and I was 10-15 years older than many of the fellow guests, so you're only as young as you feel.

Try it someday, you might enjoy yourself! :p

Pretty sure the midget was there tho

#dylbucks
I'd say it counts that our coach was there, but I think it's only a player thing. Besides, I don't want to get into a habit of playing on BB's height. By all accounts, he can be as fierce a man as any.

Costume parties are generally for people who are too repressed or dull in their day-to-day lives to wear anything with a flourish or show signs of a personality.

Come at me. ALL OF YOU. :cool:

PS - who was Doc trying to dress up as??
Quinoa.... Kayne... Kenny... Something West. Apparently that's a thing.

I think they want to compete with the Geelong boys but they are so good at it. I went to a bad taste party and it was hilarious. I don't mind them as long as there is no theme, can't stand theme parties.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He always throws in a disclaimer line in every article

Mind you, the fact Brisbane has or will ask the AFL for a help complicates the matter.

So you get one line mentioning the extenuating circumstances while he completely ignores them the rest of the article.

He is no better than a football fan with a media job he uses to spew forth his bile. He cares little about objectivity and is such a downhill skier he picks up the vibe of other opposition fans so he can look like a hero to ferals. You'd think he had a duty of care to report both sides of an argument but apparently not.

You disagree Robbo. Call us out on Twitter. We'll engage.

The rules are there.
Why not take advantage of them.
We re not breaking the rules like Essendon keep doing, yet he stays strangely silent when it comes to the Scum.
On 360 last week, the loser actually supported Little and co., secretly flying to Adelaide to talk to Worsfold without the Crows knowledge.

Carlton yesterday played a game by officially asking the AFL for a priority pick.

It was a shameless attempt to abuse the priority pick system.
Robbo what is thing you call a "priority pick system" that Carlton is abusing. Reading this crap, you'd think the AFL had a well developed and easily understood system with clear guidelines. This is the best definition of the PP rules I could find.

Under current AFL rules, enacted from the 2012 season onwards, a club can receive a priority draft pick at the discretion of the AFL Commission.

A formula which will assist with determining whether or not a team receives a priority draft pick, and at which round in the draft that pick will be taken, has been developed that takes into account such factors as:

• premiership points that a club has received over a period of years (with greater weight to recent seasons),
  • a club's percentage (points for/points against x 100) over a period of years (another indication of on-field competitiveness, with greater weight to recent seasons),
  • any finals appearances that a club has made in recent seasons,
  • any premierships that a club has won in recent seasons, and
  • a club's injury rates in each relevant season.
Not sure which factor disqualifies Carlton from asking the question Robbo... premierships won, finals appearances, club percentage?

Last edited:
Judging by that criteria, our large injury count will go against us because those players will be available next year. 2013 may count against us although we were there by default.

Judging by that criteria, our large injury count will go against us because those players will be available next year. 2013 may count against us although we were there by default.
Not to mention the 2007 preseason cup we won and the 2013 preseason grand final we played in, that was won by Brisbane! I'm sure the formula will take all this into account and spit out the expected answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back