Carlton looking for a Key Position Defender

Remove this Banner Ad

If Brennan opts for the Gold Coast, what is stopping GC from taking him in the PSD, rather than trading for him?

Sure, it's shafting the Lions but GC should take full advantage of such opportunity (if it is allowed) and do what is best for their football club.

If Brennan opts for the Gold Coast, what is stopping GC from taking him in the PSD, rather than trading for him?

Sure, it's shafting the Lions but GC should take full advantage of such opportunity (if it is allowed) and do what is best for their football club.
AFL Rules.

The Gold Coast can only take ONE uncontracted player (Rischitelli) from each team.

The rest they have to trade for.

The PSD isn't an option, because the GC don't have any selections in it. None, zero, zip, nada, zilch, nix.

However, the possibility does exist that he could walk out on the club and nominate for the ND, with GC grabbing him that way.

Cheers for clearing that up fellas.

I was aware that GC could only sign one uncontracted player per club but I wasn't aware that they had no selections in the PSD.

Still with the raft of selections that they have it would be very easy to facilitate a trade for Brennan.

Well considering the Lions apparent slary constraints, they wouldn't mind getting a few off their ooks, though I imagine if they were able to package older players as well to get more cash off the books they would.

They need to keep the young talent.

GC can't take a second player from a team without a trade occuring.

This may not be correct.

According to Vader, if a player has been delisted by his club, the Gold Coast are able to take the player via the draft.

So, with Brennan leaving the Lions, if no trade is secured, he will eventually need to be delisted and therefore it means he could nominate for the draft and the GC can take him that way.

This may not be correct.

According to Vader, if a player has been delisted by his club, the Gold Coast are able to take the player via the draft.

So, with Brennan leaving the Lions, if no trade is secured, he will eventually need to be delisted and therefore it means he could nominate for the draft and the GC can take him that way.
Yeah, but I'm sure the Lions will take a 3rd rounder from someone before delisting him. Especially knowing the GC would take him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all, assuming Sam Jacobs and Andrew Walker wish to play elsewhere, I think they can be fairly traded as follows:

1. Carlton trade Jacobs to Adelaide who send Griffin to Fremantle who then send Tarrant to Carlton.

2. Carlton trade Walker to Adelaide who send their first round pick to Brisbane, who then trade Brennan to the Blues.

As I see it, everyone wins:

Carlton - get a KPD and an X factor player who can play mid/fwd.
Adelaide - get genuine midfield class and a good replacement for Griffin.
Fremantle - get a good backup for Sandi and the ability to ease his w'load.
Brisbane - get the opportunity to ease salary cap pressure and participate early in a compromised draft.

What am I missing?

Hi all, assuming Sam Jacobs and Andrew Walker wish to play elsewhere, I think they can be fairly traded as follows:

1. Carlton trade Jacobs to Adelaide who send Griffin to Fremantle who then send Tarrant to Carlton.

2. Carlton trade Walker to Adelaide who send their first round pick to Brisbane, who then trade Brennan to the Blues.

As I see it, everyone wins:

Carlton - get a KPD and an X factor player who can play mid/fwd.
Adelaide - get genuine midfield class and a good replacement for Griffin.
Fremantle - get a good backup for Sandi and the ability to ease his w'load.
Brisbane - get the opportunity to ease salary cap pressure and participate early in a compromised draft.

What am I missing?

Jacobs is worth a lot more than 2 years of Tarrant (3rd round or PSD for the Blues)
Adelaide extremely unlikely to give up pick 14 for walker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back