Carlton looking for a Key Position Defender

Remove this Banner Ad

Tarrant is already 30+.
Warnock is 26, a grade below but will cover the spot whilst you develope a kid.

Tarrant is 29, Warnock 26, and is twice the player Warnock is and Carlton would feel having made the finals 2 years running that they could challenge for a premiership if a couple of things fall into place, like another key position defender and a key position forward.

Carlton should be in a position to be looking for immediate results.

Tell me more about this sandwich. Multigrain? Mustard?

We at Fremantle do not discriminate ham sandwiches on the basis of bread type. We feel that a ham sandwich of any kind has the capability of offering the club something.... at least more than Murphy anyway.

Mustard on the other hand is a different matter. The inclusion of such a condiment would probably require a draft pick from us in order to make the trade fair.

Tarrant is 29, Warnock 26, and is twice the player Warnock is and Carlton would feel having made the finals 2 years running that they could challenge for a premiership if a couple of things fall into place, like another key position defender and a key position forward.

Carlton should be in a position to be looking for immediate results.

Whilst I dont want to go back to the days of trading for Mansfields and O'Reilly's I do agree that we should be looking for results in the near future.
I'm getting sick of 10 years of just making up the numbers!
I dont want us to do anything too outlandish (ala Michael Voss) but a couple of good trades may give us the platform to shoot for a flag in the next few years.

The ideal situation for calrton is to trade our second round draft pick plus a fringe player for tarrant, whether that is walker or something we get for jacobs or thornton is totally up to freo while going to the draft and picking a key defender like Matt Watson

It is a win for us because Tarrant fills a role for a couple of years while we can groom young Watson during this period and also Watson could fill gaps during the year if jamo, tazz or bower go down and along with Austin we can get a couple of years good development into these blokes without the pressure of having to pull the carlton backline out of a dark period.

The ideal situation for calrton is to trade our second round draft pick plus a fringe player for tarrant, whether that is walker or something we get for jacobs or thornton is totally up to freo while going to the draft and picking a key defender like Matt Watson

It is a win for us because Tarrant fills a role for a couple of years while we can groom young Watson during this period and also Watson could fill gaps during the year if jamo, tazz or bower go down and along with Austin we can get a couple of years good development into these blokes without the pressure of having to pull the carlton backline out of a dark period.

Would hesitate trading our 2nd rounder straight for Taz, let alone with Walker.

Calm down !!!
Second round pick plus Walker for a 30yo with a failing body and dubious character ? NO CHANCE !!!
Let him nominate Carlton in the PSD .
We are 1 pick in front of Tassie and thats about all who's interested !

Harvey has said that he is looking for a player for player trade - not really looking for a draft pick for Taz

Harvey has said that he is looking for a player for player trade - not really looking for a draft pick for Taz

Thornton + Browne to Freo.

Might stink for Freo but they are replacing a defender with a defender and adding another small mid for depth.

Facts are that Freo are not going to get close to market value for Taz as he has stated he will just retire if he doesn't get to a club and also no one is going to offer much for a bloke coming off a serious knee injury and on the wrong side of 30..

There is one MMMMMAAAJJJJJOOOORRRRR difference... one is guaranteed to not only play seniors... but become your number 1 ruck and be one of the league's best... the only thing the other is guaranteed is he won't get delisted in his first year... you do know the difference between actual output vs "believe me, why would we lie"...

Considering as you say it... Sellar is your 20th best KPP prospect... could you see how somehow "we won't be improving our list" by this trade???

I am sure you rate everyone of your KPPs ahead of anyone of ours... including Sellar... but you see.. I think we need to catch up to the mighty Adelaide crows... not go for a player that is 20th in line for a game... for this reason, I appreciate your charity... but I have a feeling Jacobs may be alittle more use for us...

It is seriously amazing how a team full of hacks that are continually worth less than the bottom team's seconds players... somehow finished above those teams... how oh how I wish we had the WCE, Port Adelaide and Adelaide's list to atleast compete with their league...

mate the bloke is not even infront of hampson. that alone tells you something. your talking on potential and that is all. still remember a few years ago when jon griffin had massive hype surrounding him aswell, he's then struggled to get a game and is being traded out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he's a 30 year old with a crook knee, why do you want him?

I, for one, don't.

Reeks of desperation. Build through the draft and trades for younger players (I like the idea of a player having to offer at least four years of quality service as a pre-requisite for a trade)

If he's a 30 year old with a crook knee, why do you want him?

Who said we want him ??? That said

1) Ratten and Thornton don't get along, thus why he hasn't played in months

2) Browne is likely to be delisted, or close to it

I will be 1 player wanting to leave Fremantle for 1 player who won't get a game at Carlton and 1 player who is likely to be delisted anyway .............

Holy moly, will Carlton supporters ever get it through their heads that no other club is interested in their second string duds.

mate the bloke is not even infront of hampson. that alone tells you something. your talking on potential and that is all. still remember a few years ago when jon griffin had massive hype surrounding him aswell, he's then struggled to get a game and is being traded out.

He is a far better player than Griffin ever was. Jacobs is ahead of Maric in almost all the statistics, despite spending less time on ground as the number 2 ruckman.

He's clearly a better ruckman than Hampson. Hampson however was played because he gives us a target up forward, which we needed. Still, the club opted for Jacobs ahead of Hampson in the elimination final.

I have said it before, but, too many decent prospects for Carlton to have to worry about trading for someone..

Everybody pays 'overs' for the player they pick up (most of the time), is Tarrant or Warnock worth what Fremantle and Melbourne are asking for?

Look at Kyle Hartigan if you pull shot gun on him.

AA at U18 last year, bemused a why he was not picked up, at all.. Really done his chances no harm at all this season with a superb debut season of senior footy for Werribee Tigers.

I have said it before, but, too many decent prospects for Carlton to have to worry about trading for someone..

Everybody pays 'overs' for the player they pick up (most of the time), is Tarrant or Warnock worth what Fremantle and Melbourne are asking for?

Look at Kyle Hartigan if you pull shot gun on him.

AA at U18 last year, bemused a why he was not picked up, at all.. Really done his chances no harm at all this season with a superb debut season of senior footy for Werribee Tigers.

We like players from Werribee :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back