List Mgmt. Carlton's 2020 Draft Thread

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
So, are we going for Will Phillips or Tanner Bruhn?
Phillips then Bruin based on highlight reels and reading only (dangerous ploy). We will probably trade it away in some form or another but, either would be an adequate replacement long term. Phillips in particular looks like he has a body that is ready to go.

Own The Future

Club Legend
Nov 8, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
EiavCXnU4AAZx6J

Wow... not a bad draft hand for the Crows if they - as expected - get pick 2 as compensation for Crouch.
Showed some signs at the end of the season, will be interesting to see if they fully embrace the rebuild or use some of those picks as trade assets.

Eiffel 65

Cancelled
Sep 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Gryffindor
Wow... not a bad draft hand for the Crows if they - as expected - get pick 2 as compensation for Crouch.
Showed some signs at the end of the season, will be interesting to see if they fully embrace the rebuild or use some of those picks as trade assets.

Highly unlikely the Crows get pick 2 for Crouch.

It will most likely end up being 19.

GC were offering a pretty big contract to Ellis last year. Reportedly $3m over 5 years and only received pick 39 as a compensation pick.

The Crows aren't as bad as what they dished up this season and the AFL will try to avoid compromising the top end of the draft more than what it currently is.

Nov 27, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
No one will offer band 1 money for Crouch. It'll be end of round 1, pick 19-21 depending on other factors.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

ray8182

All Australian
Sep 11, 2008
Echuca
AFL Club
Carlton
If the club succeeds in recruiting both Williams and Saad is it then possible they look at drafting a key position defender to replace Jones in a couple of years.

Williams and Saad will provide the mature runnings players we so desperately need and reduce the desperation to draft one.

With the bsos and Goddard delisted and macreadie in doubt there isn’t much backup for Jones and weitering. Marchbank doesn’t play key position. Casboult can go back l guess.

With so many highly rated key position players in this draft would we use our first rounder on one thinking he would be ready in a couple of years when Jones retires.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
If the club succeeds in recruiting both Williams and Saad is it then possible they look at drafting a key position defender to replace Jones in a couple of years.

Williams and Saad will provide the mature runnings players we so desperately need and reduce the desperation to draft one.

With the bsos and Goddard delisted and macreadie in doubt there isn’t much backup for Jones and weitering. Marchbank doesn’t play key position. Casboult can go back l guess.

With so many highly rated key position players in this draft would we use our first rounder on one thinking he would be ready in a couple of years when Jones retires.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Grainger-Barras

Want him

bigm386

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Grainger-Barras

Want him

Definitely looks like we need to draft a key defender.

Any idea on Henry Walsh draft range? He took strides last season, obviously nothing this season and trained with us.

Considering Ruckman generally slip wonder if we will be available in the 2nd or 3rd rounds?

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Definitely looks like we need to draft a key defender.

Any idea on Henry Walsh draft range? He took strides last season, obviously nothing this season and trained with us.

Considering Ruckman generally slip wonder if we will be available in the 2nd or 3rd rounds?

Think a 3rd is apt for Walsh

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Highly unlikely the Crows get pick 2 for Crouch.

It will most likely end up being 19.

GC were offering a pretty big contract to Ellis last year. Reportedly $3m over 5 years and only received pick 39 as a compensation pick.

The Crows aren't as bad as what they dished up this season and the AFL will try to avoid compromising the top end of the draft more than what it currently is.
AFL makey-uppey in either case. Either the AFL want the Crows strong, and they'll get pick 2 regardless of what they get for Crouch, or the opposite.

It's a lever, one they will not keep from using to manufacture drama. IMO, it probably makes them more money to have a strong Port Adelaide AND Adelaide at the same time, so I think they'll get pick 2.

bigm386

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
AFL makey-uppey in either case. Either the AFL want the Crows strong, and they'll get pick 2 regardless of what they get for Crouch, or the opposite.

It's a lever, one they will not keep from using to manufacture drama. IMO, it probably makes them more money to have a strong Port Adelaide AND Adelaide at the same time, so I think they'll get pick 2.

Crows membership is strong regardless of on field success.

So like us the AFL couldn't care less about on field performance.

jackoisno1

All Australian
Sep 19, 2008
on JR's facebook
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Jordan Russell's dream team
Crows will hit the draft hard.
Already have picks 1, 8, 20 & 31.

If the rumored Atkins deal is even close to accurate he might net a reasonable compo pick.

Add another first round if Brad goes to Geelong.

They are chasing hard for Hately from GWS. You’d think a second rnd would be enough to get him.

It’s not a bad year to rebuild from reports. Collingwood list manager was saying the to 30 is super talented.

bigm386

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Grainger-Barras

Want him

On Denver was touted as a potential number 1 early 2020 but Knightmare has him at 15.

Any thoughts on where he would go?

Would be interesting if we split or 1st pick for two later picks to get Saad and Grainger-Barras but this looks very dreamy :p

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
On Denver was touted as a potential number 1 early 2020 but Knightmare has him at 15.

Any thoughts on where he would go?

Would be interesting if we split or 1st pick for two later picks to get Saad and Grainger-Barras but this looks very dreamy :p

At this stage I have him rated at 2

But suspect he will go in the 6-10 range

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
So a good pick for us if we keep #7?

I think so, is the type that will start day dot as a mobile third tall then transition to a mobile KPD. Has grown from 192 to 196.

Very athletic, one of the better readers of the pill in flight I have seen as a junior. Great hands, elite by foot

bigm386

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
I think so, is the type that will start day dot as a mobile third tall then transition to a mobile KPD. Has grown from 192 to 196.

Very athletic, one of the better readers of the pill in flight I have seen as a junior. Great hands, elite by foot

Looks courageous also big tick.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
I am partial to spending later round capital on defenders, not saying he is not a great player, but I always hope to get those defenders later in the draft.

Sometimes a failed forward can make a great defender.

DGB is one out of the box for me LM

If we add mids this trade period I would take him

Back