Teams Carolina Panthers - Cardiac Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Peppers wants out of Carolina....

You trying to make me feel ill? :)

I'm sure the Panthers are savvy enough to make sure if he goes he's out of the division. Right? :(

Only if they have to trade him I guess.

It will be interesting to see what they do. Franchise him and I can smell a holdout, but they obviously wouldn't want to just let him walk away for nothing.

Oh well I guess you can cross the Falcons off the list of new homes for Peppers seeing as we run a 4-3 and aren't looking to change that scheme anytime soon.

Only if they have to trade him I guess.

It will be interesting to see what they do. Franchise him and I can smell a holdout, but they obviously wouldn't want to just let him walk away for nothing.

Oh well I guess you can cross the Falcons off the list of new homes for Peppers seeing as we run a 4-3 and aren't looking to change that scheme anytime soon.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out, but I reckon if he becomes a FA then he's as good as out of the division.

Bucs I guess are an option because f*** knows what they're up to.

The Bucs are rooted. Preparing themselves for a period of cellar dwelling in our division mate...and quite frankly, I couldn't be happier :D

That's what the rest of the AFC North were thinking when Cowher retired. ;)

I however, had total faith in the Rooney appointment of Mike Tomlin even though Whisenhunt & Russ Grimm were much the anticipated replacements. Buccs have taken the next guys in line, guys who know where the Buccs are at so I don't think Division foes can expect a rapid decline like you're eagerly anticipating Crumpler.

Hey a man can dream can't he Woodson? :p I still hate them. Our rivalry with the Bucs was bitter as they come in the early 00's and I still haven't forgotten. I'll never forget the satisfaction of bundling them out of the playoff race on their own field when they were defending champs!!

I think they're in for a bit of short team pain though. A couple of years down the bottom at least. I know things in football can turnaround pretty quickly, especially in the NFC South, but they have no QB, their RB's must be on their last legs (Dunn & Graham) and Cadillac is finished too. Throw in their stalwarts on D like Brooks and Ronde Barber who have probably only got 1 more season left as well and things don't look all that bright in Tampa.

*now watch them go on to win the division next season lol*

That's what the rest of the AFC North were thinking when Cowher retired. ;)

I however, had total faith in the Rooney appointment of Mike Tomlin even though Whisenhunt & Russ Grimm were much the anticipated replacements. Buccs have taken the next guys in line, guys who know where the Buccs are at so I don't think Division foes can expect a rapid decline like you're eagerly anticipating Crumpler.

Glazer aint a Rooney Woodson.

Remember Glazer got rid of Dungy and it's pretty clear in hindsight who built that Superbowl run.

It is interesting that once Monty pulled the pin so too did the players. Seems pretty clear too that Gruden didn't have the faith of most of the troops.

Not sure what exactly has gone down in Tampa, but this isn't an orderly changing of the guard, this is evidence of internal meltdown. Remember too that Gruden was given an extension not 12 months ago.

They may very well land on their feet but I reckon in this case, where there's smoke, there's fire.

As for Peppers going there, they probably have greater needs but who knows what scheme they'll be running next season. They have the cap space but I can't see Tampa of all teams going to a 3-4 or using someone like Peppers as a LB.

If he hits F/A and he's serious about going to a 3-4, then there's only one or two teams I can think of stupid enough to pay him the dollars he's after to play as a linebacker and neither are in the NFC South.

This would be a dream signing for Denver as it transitions into a 3-4. Cap problems could be a hiccup but it would make a big splash in McDaniels first year. Apparently Peppers goes to Nuggets games as well....

Could be the new Simon Fletcher. :thumbsu:

Anyways, I was less than impressed with him a few seasons ago when he just mailed in a year.

He'd be a good fit for the Chargers.

Would they pay him what he wants though?

I think AJ Smith is cut throat and will go as close to the cap as possible to try and get this team over the line...They may only have 1 or 2 more years to contend

so i think yes they would pay him..

Having said that, they would need to make some cuts..

But after watching the Pittsburgh game it glaringly obvious that SD needs to improve on the pass rush...BIg Ben, had enough time to make a snap, read his playbook to make sure of the right one, then throw without being close to being touched..

I dont think you could improve much more more in one off season by getting merriman back and adding Peppers.

But like i said, i have no idea of the chargers cap situation..

is there a link for teams cap space??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Bucs are rooted. Preparing themselves for a period of cellar dwelling in our division mate...and quite frankly, I couldn't be happier :D

Good to see some Buccaneers talk on here!

FWIW firing Gruden was the right move and as Woodson has said, the promotion of Morris, I think will prove to be a very astute one. There was too much of a split in the locker room and Morris will get rid of that.

The main issues facing the new coaching staff are signing Bryant to along term deal and coming up with a solution at the QB position (I think we will have a good crack at Cassel or Brady or will draft Sanchez if he falls). The defense will be OK. Talib will be a top 5 CB, Ruud and June are good at LB while Jackson is already a top notch S. The only issue is along the D-Line and that can be fixed easily enough to compliment Gaines. Peppers would fit nicely on the other side.

Oh and by the way Haynesworth could very well be in Pewter by the start of the 09 season.....

Here is a post from PewterReport.com

Tony Pauline who is a writer for SI, along with being an NFL draft analysts the past 15 years states league insiders told him three teams are in the running to sign All Pro defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, who'll be a free agent in three weeks.

The Tennessee Titans will try and resign him and the Detroit Lions will also go hard after Haynesworth. And while both have legitimate chances for his services several people have told us they expect to see Haynesworth wearing a Tampa Bay Buccaneer jersey next season.

The Bucs, who are more than $40-million under the cap, have been making a push towards Haynesworth and are in the best spot to offer him the biggest contract.

Sorry Crumpler, the thought of the demise of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers is more than a bit premature!!

Imagine picking up both Haynesworth and Peppers in FA.

Send out the AFC West vibe to them both gg. I'll just try and send a red tinge to it!

I don't figure the Steelers are gonna go after him, though only because they seem to be set. I could definitely see him in a Packers or Cardinals uniform come training camp. I figure the most realistic happening, though, would be something like that sign and trade deal for Asomugha. In any case, this is gonna be interesting to keep an eye on.

Can't really see the Charger's getting him. Have to re-sign Merriman, Cromartie, Mcneil, Rivers, Sproles and a few other's in the next year or two. Plus i wouldn't pay a 3-4 DE as much as what Pepper's want's

only tuned in midway through the third not realising that the game was on, where the hell was the crowd? no noise at all, and from what i could see of the stands, it looked like the crowds from the AFL in the mid 90's (5k or so) what the hell was going on?

Re: Miami vs Carolina Crowd - wtf!

LMAO 0wned
didnt even know the game was on. must be a massive Dolphins fan.

it really did look like there was no crowd, and sounded less, but i guess looks are decieving.

And i didnt know it was on because i finish work at 7 in the morning, I knew the game was on, i didnt know it was on TV here (when i get home im not gonna put the Tv on and search thru for NFL games)

Re: Miami vs Carolina Crowd - wtf!

If you started watching after Jake threw the red zone INT in the 3rd then I can understand why you thought there weren't many there.

After Ricky Williams' 3rd TD I think even the hotdog sellers went home.

FWIW Abaddon, paid attendance isn't how many turned up. Some turnouts this year have been well below the paid attendance (tv, sponsors,owners buying tickets to ensure sellouts).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back