cats -straight ot a vet or let nature have a go?

Remove this Banner Ad

janiek

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2003
fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
liverpool
hi all i've just got my first cat & she's just got her first problem
noticed this mornign she was keeping one of her eyes closed most of the time
she opened it a bit and i couldn;t see any damage & no damamge on the outside - shes eating & wandering round the house like it's normal to be one eyed :) as she doesn't seem in pain or distresed should i let nature takes it's course for 24 hours or should i be taking her straight to the vet?

janiek said:
she opened it a bit and i couldn;t see any damage & no damamge on the outside - shes eating & wandering round the house like it's normal to be one eyed :) as she doesn't seem in pain or distresed should i let nature takes it's course for 24 hours or should i be taking her straight to the vet?
Leave it for 24...but wash it with warm water and keep an eye on it.

janiek said:

Your ethnic english really turns me on:rolleyes:

thanks pc
actually fogarty i am ethnic (ukrainian) but hey we all make spelling mistakes occasionally :eek: give me a break i was fretting over my cat

janiek said:

Any better today? If not, I'd take her to a vet. May be cheaper in the long run - eye matters can be expensive NB if the result of a fight.

hi all went home that night & sasha had both eyes open & a belly as big as a house where she'd beeen getting fed treats - she slept again all night & this morning it's all back to normal :) :)
so yes with hindsight glad i went with the gut feelign that as she didn't have any visible signs of fighting and didn't seem in pain or distressed ( ie off food) a bit of a rest and a good sleep seem to have worked wonders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back