Central Murray FL Discussion 2023

Mar 17, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Th

They have really surprised me. I see the five best named from the weekend were the big guns. If those guys are firing they will cause some headaches. Jose has made a fair impression on the Swan Hill faithful.
Tyntynder’s performance against Kerang was a real shock too.
I think Tooly will be wondering where to from here. Got a really good coach in and some good recruits and are still absolutely miles off it.

Can’t wait for this weekend’s game up at Kerang.
From what I've heard the Tooly recruits may be not too bad of players, but very self-centred. No real game plan being followed. I'd argue the coach being good. Again, I've seen and heard players constantly spending 15-20 on the bench with barely any rotations. it must be incredibly frustrating if you're ond of the players spending that amount of time on the pine. I think his ways are, buy in as many recruits as possible and let them try and win. it's not working.

On SM-G998B using BigFooty.com mobile app

HavUEvaSeenTheRain

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
From what I've heard the Tooly recruits may be not too bad of players, but very self-centred. No real game plan being followed. I'd argue the coach being good. Again, I've seen and heard players constantly spending 15-20 on the bench with barely any rotations. it must be incredibly frustrating if you're ond of the players spending that amount of time on the pine. I think his ways are, buy in as many recruits as possible and let them try and win. it's not working.

Wouldn’t surprise with their recruits but I haven’t seen them this year so hard to comment. I know their bottom six are as bad as you will get so it would be a tough juggling act. He certainly got that Eagles side looking bloody good.
Coaches are hard to judge though because I think if we look at the ladder then 9/10 it’s also a reflection of the talent sides have.

Laccura

Senior List
Sep 24, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
You think they are coming from Tas to follow a game plan?…

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda

I’d argue that the coach is one of the best I’ve had anything to do with.

What he did at Lalbert was brilliant. He did bring in some good players but he was able to improve and get the best of the local boys both young and old. His record before coming up to Lalbert is exceptional

Whispers86

Team Captain
Nov 20, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide

If they're recruits they wouldn't be to frustrated about the pine, they're getting paid regardless. And if there's any iota of truth to anything you've written the bench mightn't be a bad place to recentre them.
I think on paper Tooley are quite a balanced team, recruits and good players on every line. But, the coach can't do the kicking and running for them. I hope for the club they turn it around, it's probably a little bit of a concern to lose well to lalbert at 46/46 points and Nyah at 43/46.

Trent the flight Steward

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 30, 2006
Cessnock
AFL Club
Geelong
Tooled need to drop down to a minor league as well, they've got the best coach in the area, good recruits, but if you've got no quality locals it won't work for major league footy, might help the golden rivers stay afloat

blue cat

Debutant
Oct 14, 2022
AFL Club
Geelong
Would Heathcote league take them , no under 17.5 , hardly a reserve team , and then would there Bendigo travelers want to come play at Cohuna when there are sides closer to Bendigo for them in the same league?
And what about there other underage teams , u12 , u14 netball and football,

Trent the flight Steward

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 30, 2006
Cessnock
AFL Club
Geelong
I'd be surprised if they didn't get a thirds side up, have most gone to macorna? The Heathcote leagues a similar standard to the cmfl in the seniors, I think they'd be fine there, as it's more chance of retaining their locals

blue cat

Debutant
Oct 14, 2022
AFL Club
Geelong
I'd be surprised if they didn't get a thirds side up, have most gone to macorna? The Heathcote leagues a similar standard to the cmfl in the seniors, I think they'd be fine there, as it's more chance of retaining their locals
They don’t have one this year , so be hard to get one for next year ,

Laccura

Senior List
Sep 24, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Th

They have really surprised me. I see the five best named from the weekend were the big guns. If those guys are firing they will cause some headaches. Jose has made a fair impression on the Swan Hill faithful.
Tyntynder’s performance against Kerang was a real shock too.
I think Tooly will be wondering where to from here. Got a really good coach in and some good recruits and are still absolutely miles off it.

Can’t wait for this weekend’s game up at Kerang.
Is he playing as a forward? See he kicked 6 against cohuna
As for tyntynder, Kerang had quite a few big guns out/rested. Hopefully the Roos can match them this week

Whispers86

Team Captain
Nov 20, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Nyah rolling out Brandyn Grenfell for a one of game tomorrow
Don't have a set forward since Arho left. They would've been handy but Chris Daniele they had signed, gone, Kaine Proctor never played a game and I don't know if he's injured but Michael Bowden played round 1 and that's it

Jan 11, 2007
Kerang
AFL Club
Collingwood
Everyone playing for second? I know it can be the one day that Kerang slip up but from what I hear, the Blues had 6 seniors out and got the job done. Just superb.
Was mentioned upthread about Tooleytang players maybe not gelling to any type of structure. Didn't see any of that yesterday in their match with Cohuna Kangas.
A game marred by skill errors made it a scrap which Saints like with what looked like bigger bodies compared to their opposition. But once Kangas were able to get posession and spread, that was good for them.
Kangas showed great character. Got out to a 4 goal lead only for the Saints to come back in the last quarter and hit the front, before Cohuna kicked away again.
With Hammond x2 and a couple of others to come in, wouldn't say they have turned the corner but they would be feeling better than last week's debacle.

HavUEvaSeenTheRain

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Everyone playing for second? I know it can be the one day that Kerang slip up but from what I hear, the Blues had 6 seniors out and got the job done. Just superb.
Was mentioned upthread about Tooleytang players maybe not gelling to any type of structure. Didn't see any of that yesterday in their match with Cohuna Kangas.
A game marred by skill errors made it a scrap which Saints like with what looked like bigger bodies compared to their opposition. But once Kangas were able to get posession and spread, that was good for them.
Kangas showed great character. Got out to a 4 goal lead only for the Saints to come back in the last quarter and hit the front, before Cohuna kicked away again.
With Hammond x2 and a couple of others to come in, wouldn't say they have turned the corner but they would be feeling better than last week's debacle.
I see Lang was out, who else are they missing?.

Back