Ch 7 Commentary - is it intervention time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to an event featuring Luke hodge (won the tickets, I'd never pay for it). Was a really I sightful evening, gave a lot of explanation, and he was really articulate.

Watch him on c7 and it's " err, yeah they bad/good"

Clearly it's the directive of higher ups that makes the quality so poir

I think because 7 do 4 games some weeks, such as when there are Thursdays or Public holidays, then there will be weeks where they only show 2 games (it will happen again during the bye rounds). There’s only so many weeks that they can show 4 games without giving some up in other rounds.

Did channel 7 only show 2 games this weekend? If so, that's pretty slack.
Ch7 only pay for 77 games (22 rounds * 3.5 games), although with gather round not sure how many extra they get. So basically, if they have a few rounds with 4 or 5 games (like the Kings Bday weekend coming up), they need to have some with 2 to even it out.

Wow they just had a Sunday Trivia question from Bradshaw to Watson and Jones. So awkward and then just fluffed around to say “all right big day”. This is amateur hour on a whole new s**t level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to an event featuring Luke hodge (won the tickets, I'd never pay for it). Was a really I sightful evening, gave a lot of explanation, and he was really articulate.

Watch him on c7 and it's " err, yeah they bad/good"

Clearly it's the directive of higher ups that makes the quality so poir

Yep. No doubt at all.

He does manages occasionally to actually offer genuine analysis during games - which makes sense as he's still quite recently retired.

More often than not it's met by silence like it goes right over the heads of everyone else.

Matthew Richardson must get a bonus every time he says 'intercept marks'.

Do we really need to see Harry Mackay's parents every time? He's obviously going through a tough time with the scrutiny on his kicking and while that comes with the territory of being a high-profile footballer, is it any wonder players experience mental health anguish with the media going OTT in this regard?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back