Ch 7 Commentary - is it intervention time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Hodge is really starting to grate calling Lions games - he only watches one team.

You wouldn’t know he is a Hawks champion and not a Lions cheer squad nuffie.
Should not be allowed call lions matches.
If they really are about to fall off a cliff though we won’t see much of them on FTA tv anymore which may solve the problem somewhat.
BT should also be banned from Pies games. Nearly as bad as Eddie commentating on them at this stage.

Luke Hodge is really starting to grate calling Lions games - he only watches one team.

Only makes sense that the special commentators generally do games for the handful of clubs that they keep a keen eye on. BT clearly operates a giant flogger behind Collingwood's goals, word even has it he's on his final warning for piffing peanuts & Stimorols at boundary umpires each week. Hodgey's hardly the problem.

Only makes sense that the special commentators generally do games for the handful of clubs that they keep a keen eye on. BT clearly operates a giant flogger behind Collingwood's goals, word even has it he's on his final warning for piffing peanuts & Stimorols at boundary umpires each week. Hodgey's hardly the problem.
If you want to be the channel 7 special comments main person, it’s hardly a stretch to be asked to watch every team on a regular basis during the season is it?

I mean, it’s literally what they are paid to do.

If you want to be the channel 7 special comments main person, it’s hardly a stretch to be asked to watch every team on a regular basis during the season is it?

I mean, it’s literally what they are paid to do.

The main commentators shoulder the responsibility of knowing a fair bit about each club, where as the special commentators give the viewers both a players perspective & deeper insight into specific clubs/players. I don't work in media or broadcasting but at least that's how I always saw it, like Dermie regularly commenting on Gold Coast games etc.

BT thought the Schultz set shot in the last quarter was a goal when the ball clearly hit the post. Was he watching a different game?

there was another call earlier in the game he was still halfway through the big windup when the ball sailed through for an obvious point. Of course, instead of course correcting he continued with the big obnoxious call anyway.

Exactly my thoughts. His two years at Brisbane counts more than his 15+ at Hawthorn.

Hodgey is on the Lions bandwagon because he knows his boys will end up playing there.
BT was at his worst last night. Some mind-boggling sentences produced, even corrected himself halfway through talking about Quaynor's 80 odd games.

Nothing grinds my gears more than brown nosing footy groupie Hamish McLachlan making constant reference to players family members, even mentioning them by name during the play. "Baker has the ball, a special hello to his father's, brother's, nephew's, cousin's, former roommate's sister Maddie who just gave birth to twins.." He should go back to calling the Olympic Showjumping the ponce.

I've said it before in general but the trend of commentators hoping/wishing/anticipating something happening just to launch the big soundbite for post-game highlights/plays is dreadful. Today Darcy said a Harry McKay kick looked good off the boot yet the camera was right behind the kicker and showed the ball just about going inside the right-hand behind post and then the air goes out of the balloon.

Darcy is just terrible
The way ……………he pauses at……….what is seemingly the worst………….possible time…….to………pause really drives ……….. me nuts

You'd hate talking to me.

I have a consistent word spacing but the spacing is prolonged and can be painful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing grinds my gears more than brown nosing footy groupie Hamish McLachlan making constant reference to players family members, even mentioning them by name during the play. "Baker has the ball, a special hello to his father's, brother's, nephew's, cousin's, former roommate's sister Maddie who just gave birth to twins.." He should go back to calling the Olympic Showjumping the ponce.

I couldn't like this more.

He's embarrassing. He's employed to call football, but is so desperate for us to be impressed by his knowledge of players and their private lives. Imagine Peter Landy doing that? He wouldn't. Bruce wouldn't. Just him and Russell. Cringe.

Matt Hill's not a bad edition to the Fox Footy team. He just commentates the play, doesn't get too unnecessarily carried away & throws in the odd crucial stat, something a few of the boys from 7 would do well to learn from imo.

Hee hee. The news is obviously gunna be REALLY late. :tongueoutv1: They'll be having conniptions. They HATE that. "Ahhhh! What if we lose 5,000 regular views to Ch 9 at 6pm?!" :madv1::cryv1:

F**kin tv w@nkers :grinv1:
it's all about the REACH now. not the actual number of viewers.

Matt Hill's not a bad edition to the Fox Footy team. He just commentates the play, doesn't get too unnecessarily carried away & throws in the odd crucial stat, something a few of the boys from 7 would do well to learn from imo.
The blokes an absolute pro with no ego…he’s unique

Remove this Banner Ad

Back