Speculation Chad Warner (OOC 2025)

Remove this Banner Ad

Eyebrows were raised because a WA boy went back to WA during the bye?

Contracted for next year. Come back in 12 months and if he’s still not re-signed, then I’ll be worried. Until then, happy to watch him play excellent footy.
Yep no point discussing now

You’re not letting a good contracted player walk a year early

I’d rule out the Victorian Clubs for sure. If he leaves, it’s wce or freo.

Yep. It’s either WA or Sydney.

For what it’s worth number of sources have stated he’s very close to his family(Sydney basically drafted and signed his brother to a contract extension without ,at the time ,having played a game that coincided with chads)

Now doesn’t mean he will leave and you d think Sydney are still in box seat but he’s obviously going to think hard about it.

Especially as doesn’t matter which team he decides on ,he’s going to be one rich mofo after it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no point in swans waiting until next year to trade him.

Do swan fans want to get draft picks diluted due to Tasmania. Has to be this year he goes.

Wce have the hand they need to make it happen.

First round pick
Future 1st
Second round pick
Future second round pick
The money to pay Warner
Playing with Harley Reid

Time for swans to pressure Warner. Non commitment should be taken as a no then start trade talks with wce

Last edited:

Do swan fans want to get draft picks diluted due to Tasmania. Has to be this year he goes.

First round pick
Future 1st
Second round pick
Future second round pick
The money to pay Warner
Harley Reid

Time for swans to pressure Warner. Non commitment should be taken as a no then start trade talks with wce
I can think of a reason...possible premiership

imo he will ask for a trade back home if he wins a flag with Sydney this season. I think we can offer the better contract and deal (our first rounder this season plus a future first, both would be top 4 picks, and with Gaff and Darling gone at seasons end we should have more cap for him) but as seen with other trades it all depends on the club he nominates.

Do swan fans want to get draft picks diluted due to Tasmania. Has to be this year he goes

First round pick
Future 1st
Second round pick
Future second round pick
The money to pay Warner
Playing with Harley Reid

Prefer to keep him in 2025 regardless of whether or not he stays.

What a dumb comment. Pressure a top play at the club to decide 18 months away from being OOC....

Question is, how much better is Chad Warner then Jordan Dawson? Id say a bit better but not end of the world better

Pick 19 + a 2nd rounder should be it then?

:p

imo he will ask for a trade back home if he wins a flag with Sydney this season. I think we can offer the better contract and deal (our first rounder this season plus a future first, both would be top 4 picks, and with Gaff and Darling gone at seasons end we should have more cap for him) but as seen with other trades it all depends on the club he nominates.
I’m not sure I follow this logic. It’s like saying it’s Warner’s last chance to return to WA. If the Swans win the premiership, I would think he would stay on. Sign an extension for 2-3 years, possibly pick up a few more premierships and then in his mid 20s still can head back to Perth

To be honest I just want a WA club to do to Sydney what they've tried to do to other clubs recently by offering a through the roof contract to force their hand.
Freos been chucking millions ar Gulden and McDonald the last 6 months...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back