Speculation Chad Warner (OOC 2025)

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not sure I follow this logic. It’s like saying it’s Warner’s last chance to return to WA. If the Swans win the premiership, I would think he would stay on. Sign an extension for 2-3 years, possibly pick up a few more premierships and then in his mid 20s still can head back to Perth
It assumes he wants to head back, if he wants to head back then helping win a flag feels like you've not let anyone down and you've done your part. The Swans in theory would also be more open to doing a trade because they've got one.

Question is, how much better is Chad Warner then Jordan Dawson? Id say a bit better but not end of the world better

Pick 19 + a 2nd rounder should be it then?

:p
The current Dawson is worth a top 4 pick, the Dawson 3 years ago was worth a first rounder and we gave Melbourne's future first which ended up pick 14.

imo he will ask for a trade back home if he wins a flag with Sydney this season. I think we can offer the better contract and deal (our first rounder this season plus a future first, both would be top 4 picks, and with Gaff and Darling gone at seasons end we should have more cap for him) but as seen with other trades it all depends on the club he nominates.
If you think next year would be a top 4 pick after getting Warner, do you think WC should do it? Legit question as I was just asking the same thing elsewhere

The current Dawson is worth a top 4 pick, the Dawson 3 years ago was worth a first rounder and we gave Melbourne's future first which ended up pick 14.
You always do this, everyone knows Adelaide took the piss in that trade, just embrace the villainy

What's your point? Even the Swans supporter post said he was at worth at least pick 10 so 14 is neither here nor there. It's not like it was pick 18 lol.
My point is you always come on justifying that trade and its hilarious, just say yeah, we ****ed you. I agree the original point bringing him up is silly but I'm pretty the sure post was deliberately facetious

My point is you always come on justifying that trade and its hilarious, just say yeah, we ****ed you. I agree the original point bringing him up is silly but I'm pretty the sure post was deliberately facetious
****ing Sydney would have been giving them a 2nd rounder and telling them to take it or leave it. We gave a future 1st rounder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean legit Sydney have 5 players who should be on 1 mill plus.

Gulden, Heeney, Mills, McDonald, Warner,

Then around 12 on 500k plus like Blakey, McLean, Florent, Rowbottom, Hayward, Papley, Grundy, Lloyd, Rampe, McCartin, Adams, Parker to eat up say 6 mill between them. 3 mill between the rest when Jordon/Cunningham and other good players around doesn’t make much sense

Which begs the question again why are we even discussing it now

Won’t happen this year

If your Warner. Wins a flag this year.

Would you want to be getting $700k in 2025 or $1.5m front loaded year 1 of a big new contract elsewhere?

Now 100% Swans can hold him to his current contract. But he knows he is getting underpaid in 2025 under the current deal.

That really the sticking point ATM and why something may happen this year.

Would you want to be getting $700k in 2025 or $1.5m front loaded year 1 of a big new contract elsewhere?

Now 100% Swans can hold him to his current contract. But he knows he is getting underpaid in 2025 under the current deal.

Would go even further and say if he comes a year early 700k is 2 mill from us

I think your estimate of his current 2025 contract is out by double.

I mean legit Sydney have 5 players who should be on 1 mill plus.

Gulden, Heeney, Mills, McDonald, Warner,

Then around 12 on 500k plus like Blakey, McLean, Florent, Rowbottom, Hayward, Papley, Grundy, Lloyd, Rampe, McCartin, Adams, Parker to eat up say 6 mill between them. 3 mill between the rest when Jordon/Cunningham and other good players around doesn’t make much sense

New CBA will completely change the salary cap (up by 37%). This drastically changes contract negotiations.

Mills also signed a deal unde the old CBA that is under a million per year (rumoured 750) Gulden and a few others in the club have taken offers that are less than what they earnt elsewhere.

Rampe, Lloyd, Parker are also coming to the end of their deals and there will be another CBA after 2027.

Clubs are able to structure deals currently right now and fit players in they may not have fit previously.

Everyone is assuming he wants to go back to Perth. But is that actually the case? Has he ever talked about home sickness, and what sort of person is he? Partner from Perth? Big family?

Could he want to go to one of the big Vic clubs? or a lifestyle change to the Gold Coast or Brisbane? or just the highest bidder regardless of where? seems like flags aren't his priority or he would be staying at Sydney. Unless he just wants to see how things go this year and if the Swans crap out in finals maybe he will leave.

Yes its the case nearly two years ago Freo nearly got him but he resigned
Has been homesick but still loves Sydney spends his whole preseason in perth every year
And his mid season break here this week
I honestly don't think a Vic club in the running at all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back