Changes against the Suns Rnd 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok so some real challenges with selection I think coming up.

Ideally I'd like to see Watts get a rest (although we do have the bye week after, so not crazy important).
And god please no not weid in ruck, might as well put viney in there, will have more impact at ground level at least....

Out: Kent, Wagner, Weid
In: Harmes, Stretch, King

Ok so some real challenges with selection I think coming up.

Ideally I'd like to see Watts get a rest (although we do have the bye week after, so not crazy important).
And god please no not weid in ruck, might as well put viney in there, will have more impact at ground level at least....

Out: Kent, Wagner, Weid
In: Harmes, Stretch, King
Watts can't get dropped...

Watts can't get dropped...
I don't want him dropped, but he looks tired, he has been in our best 3 this year for probably 6 games this year - having a great season playing as a jack of all positions. But I think the rucking is taking a toll, he was hardly moving by the end of the game today.

Ideally we want him on the CHF so we can use that sweet kicking and disposal of his going into the F50.

I'm gonna cop some heat, and I don't really like him that much, but I thought Wagner was fine today. Dont see the need for him to be dropped. I think it also frees up Hunt on the wing which is where it sounds like the club sees his best work, and probably why Stretch isn't getting a game at the moment.

Out: Bugg, Kent, O Mac
In: Stretch, hold a 100 metre sprint for the second spot and give it to whoever is first past the post, then throw a sausage roll in the air and pick whoever manages to touch it first
It will somehow be Oliver - and that's no good because he's already in.

I'm gonna cop some heat, and I don't really like him that much, but I thought Wagner was fine today. Dont see the need for him to be dropped. I think it also frees up Hunt on the wing which is where it sounds like the club sees his best work, and probably why Stretch isn't getting a game at the moment.

Wagner just stuffs up most possessions he has (that aren't just long kicks to packs), he did lay some very good tackles today though. Would rather Harmes who is not much better than Wagner, but he can at least run with the ball.

Out: Wagner, Bugg
In: Harmes, Stretch

We need more run and carry (ala Frost and Hunt, and less handpassing around in circles), and Harmes and Stretch give more of that.

Bugg tried to be vandenBerg today, but can't kick to save his life

Out: Bugg, Kent, Clagner,
Ins: Harmes, Stretch, Melksham

I also wasn't fond of Lewis's game, very fumbly. If he didn't have the years behind him i'd want him dropped too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd have King in if I was coaching.

Reckon the ruck is taking its toll on Watts, and Pedersen looks good up forward. Weideman has to come out, playing with no confidence at the moment. Need to keep developing him at VFL level or it will become a problem for him going forward as it was for Watts years ago.

Kent probably needs a few weeks out again. Sounds like BenKen played well in the twos, so he deserves a chance.

Is he though? He has been played as a forward many years, he has kicked all his goals by out running rucks, but different out playing the opposition best key defender ala May.

Does well enough. He leads, presents a target and crashes packs, so he's definitely the closest we've got to the real thing at the moment.

Love the bloke. Has to play when Gawn is back.

Still scratching my head over why he wasn't in the side round 1. Clearly offers a lot more to the side than others we've picked up forward (before the Big Marn injury crisis).

Still scratching my head over why he wasn't in the side round 1. Clearly offers a lot more to the side than others we've picked up forward (before the Big Marn injury crisis).

He wasn't fit. Nothing head-scratching about it

And as Jordie_tackles points out, he has got all his goals drifting forward and losing the oppo ruckman. Has done SFA as a forward.
That said, when Spencer or Gawn returns he stays in to relieve in the ruck. We need Watts playing permanent forward & TMac permanent defence

Remove this Banner Ad

Back