Preview Preview and Changes vs North Melbourne. 1:10pm @ NIMBY Park, Sunday

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was so sick of seeing Lever crabwalking over a groundball waiting for somebody to push him over and snap a goal last year. Must have happened 20 times.

McVee just picks em up no worries and runs away with it.

Yeah and it's looked like Maysies calves/back have hit the wall this year, so it's all a bit of a struggle when the ball is on the deck.

How good is it that this year we have mcvee and rivers running the ball out of defence and making good decisions. Last year we had hunt so it's a massive improvement. Not sure if it has got a mention but rivers kicks into 50 seem to always hit a target last weekend. Don't think it was intentional but his kicks came in quickly and quite flat making it harder to defend.

The difference in our ball movement when McVee, Rivers or Bowey get involved in defensive transition is ridiculous. They break the lines where most of our other players prefer to dab it out to Langdon or Hunter to go round the boundary.

IN: Brodie Grundy,Charlie Spargo,Michael Hibberd,Tom Sparrow
OUT: Woewodin

I feel JJ is somewhat lucky here he just does not seem to have a presence in games.

I am guessing Sparrow will come in and they will see if Harmes can get some form before the finals start.

GRUNDY IS IN!!!!!!

WILL SIMON GOODWIN EVER STOP LYING?

Taj super stiff to be dropped against a shambolic opposition.
He's had a nice month in the seniors and shown a little but isn't ready for a full time gig. We've got a month to consolidate our best 22 before finals. Woey isn't part of that.

Taj super stiff to be dropped against a shambolic opposition.
Not really. Had a taste of it, showed glimpses but we aren't a development side anymore and he's not really contributing much

Not surprised about Woey. He looks like a neat player. Good foot skills, gets in the right places, good aerobic capacity. I've seen enough to see that he'll be best 25 players. Just others playing roles better atm. Can see him playing a wing or doing ANB's role. But Sparrow deserves his spot back. I'd love to see Hibberd in the team. Just not sure how it all shuffles around so he can come back in. Unless Tomo gets dropped and we roll with a smaller backline. But then Lever has to be accountable. Really need Tommo in form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not surprised about Woey. He looks like a neat player. Good foot skills, gets in the right places, good aerobic capacity. I've seen enough to see that he'll be best 25 players. Just others playing roles better atm. Can see him playing a wing or doing ANB's role. But Sparrow deserves his spot back. I'd love to see Hibberd in the team. Just not sure how it all shuffles around so he can come back in. Unless Tomo gets dropped and we roll with a smaller backline. But then Lever has to be accountable. Really need Tommo in form.
Yeah Woey hasn't shown enough to land a spot yet but it is nice that at no point there's been a spot where you want to swear at him for doing a dumb thing or ******* up a simple play. He aint no Jason Jardon.

Yeah Woey hasn't shown enough to land a spot yet but it is nice that at no point there's been a spot where you want to swear at him for doing a dumb thing or ******* up a simple play. He aint no Jason Jardon.
Looks a neat player. Composed. I reckon he can run through the midfield or wing in a year or two. Better footskills than what i thought he'd be as well.

Looks a neat player. Composed. I reckon he can run through the midfield or wing in a year or two. Better footskills than what i thought he'd be as well.

His contract runs out this year.

I feel he has done enough for another year and after another pre-season they will make up their mind about him.

Same, always looked just neat with his skills but moved up in comp and his kicking looks better at teh top level. Accurate and weighs them, no problems on the run. Much more interesting than I thought.

"Pickett has only attended 12 per cent of centre bounces this season, but when he goes in, is statistically Melbourne’s most effective player."

AFL 2023: The Blowtorch

This whole board to Goody:

Crypto Cryptocurrency GIF by Binance

I'm probably just missing all the sarcasm here but clearly the Pinocchio has brought in Grundy as an emergency because it's in Tassie.
Think Grundy has been an emergency in every game since being dropped.

I’m a little surprised we haven’t used this game to rest a player or two but they must not want to flirt with form and cohesion in the turn for finals. So can see why Woewodin gets dropped in that scenario, he’s not getting picked for a final if the list is healthy. He’s been a nice surprise though, look forward to his continued development.

I’m a little surprised we haven’t used this game to rest a player or two but they must not want to flirt with form and cohesion in the turn for finals. So can see why Woewodin gets dropped in that scenario, he’s not getting picked for a final if the list is healthy. He’s been a nice surprise though, look forward to his continued development.
Honestly Goodwin's never been one for resting players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back