AFLW Qualifying Final v. North Melbourne @ IKON Park, Sunday 3.05PM

Result?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Really i get not being confident enough to take the shot, but sometimes you just gotta go back and have an attempt. Trying to thread the needle to Bannan surrounded by 3, not good

No discredit to Norf they've been fantastic, we rushed, we got frustrated. We've turned to appealing for frees, and dumping our opponents. The bounce and luck of the ball hasn't been great either, the one and only thing out of our control that's beating us

1pt in a half for the highest scoring side in the comp. Thats bloody Embarrassing. Not even gonna bother watching the 2nd half tbh. That was excruciating to watch

How on earth can you still not kick a goal in nearly 3 quarters of footy in perfect conditions.

I'm sorry, but the standard of AFLW has still got many years to go.

Great to see the AFLW team following in the men’s footsteps and letting an early promising premiership defence turn to s**t. #d#demonspirit
In fact, this is objectively worse than the men’s team who kind of did well to reach top 4 before choking in finals when they had a good chance to win. The AFLW side haven’t turned up at all in the past two weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gonna have to check out of this one for my sanity

All I have to say is I feel at least Gillard and Hanks Tried, can't say much else for the rest of the team

Im Out GIF

Gonna have to check out of this one for my sanity

All I have to say is I feel at least Gillard and Hanks Tried, can't say much else for the rest of the team
Did the same. In a way it was comforting - we never fired a shot so easy to check out. I was hoping the Brisbane game was as bad as we'd play this year, alas here we are.

Our forward setup seems to have completely fallen away the past fortnight. We've got plenty of marking threats on paper, but everytime we went forward today had no one home. We seem completely sucked up around the ball, but struggled to win contests in the middle too. Surely one of Harris/Zanker/Campbell/Pearce can stay deep as a target?

Geelong won't be easy either - they were great against the Bombers.

That was terrible.

Hoped the Brisbane 2nd half was an outlier but it was more of the same today. We were hunted around the footy and completely out worked all over the park.

Nobody really stood up at any point either. North played really well and kicked some freak goals, it was really their day whilst we couldn't get a thing to work.

It was like their players could read the ball in the wind and we were out of position every single time. The girls didn't look fit or up for the fight at all.

Why tf we playing our next game at Ikon as well? We deserve to lose choosing to play away. Just dumb. Who cares if it fits less people. No one gonna show up next week anyway.

So we've kicked 1 goal in 6 quarters of football. Embarrassing stuff with top spot on the line last week and a potential home GF on the line this week. This club are chokers.

So we've kicked 1 goal in 6 quarters of football. Embarrassing stuff with top spot on the line last week and a potential home GF on the line this week. This club are chokers.
Way to go, turn on them for a couple of bad games in a row when it matters. They are the reigning premiers and have had a really good year. Let's support them and help them find their form again rather than throw them out with the dishwater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back