AFLW Semi Final v Geelong @IKON Park 3:05pm Sunday 19/11

Remove this Banner Ad

After arguably our worst performance in the comp, we back up against Geelong. We won comfortably at KP earlier this year but our form seems to have disappeared the past fortnight. Forward line has been a shambles (#ourDNA). My mid-season confidence has dissolved into MFCSS very quickly. We probably should win, but not overly convinced we will.

Geelong were impressive against the Bombers but lost one of their best forwards, Scheer, to a fractured collarbone. Their midfield looked great. Prespakis and McDonald both ran amok, will need a big game from our mids to stop them.

West for Campbell the only change for us. Don't mind seeing West back, but no GC means Tayla or Eden will need to cover some rucking.

Screenshot 2023-11-18 075910.png

This team are just fast track bullies tbh. Stinear has a winning percentage of 75% and only the 1 flag. Looking very very ordinary here. Already 13pts down. Season looks over

Not ideal but still early days, even if we do win though i can't imagine going to deep in September against teams that can apply good pressure

Not ideal but still early days, even if we do win though i can't imagine going to deep in September against teams that can apply good pressure
Yeah, it's been a consistent weakness. Our run and gun style is sick when it comes off but we seem very susceptible to high pressure opponents

Yeah, it's been a consistent weakness. Our run and gun style is sick when it comes off but we seem very susceptible to high pressure opponents
We also look unable to pick through the zones of better organised sides. Like the men's we're panicking into long down the line outlet kicks. Look afraid to attempt the run and gun with it not working

(Log in to remove this ad.)

inability to get any clean possession for ourselves. Very panicky, no real structure going forward, seem to have the forwards getting sucked up to the ball too much (again).
Sounds old fashioned but if they're not rucking i'd like to see Harris or Zanker just stay around the forward 50

Remove this Banner Ad

Back