AFLW Qualifying Final v. North Melbourne @ IKON Park, Sunday 3.05PM

Result?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way to go, turn on them for a couple of bad games in a row when it matters. They are the reigning premiers and have had a really good year. Let's support them and help them find their form again rather than throw them out with the dishwater.
Don't think he's turned, just an honest assessment. This is shaping just like the men's '22 finals performance. Oh, and '23. Not sure how a supporter helps a team find its form.

You can love a club and also be a realist.

Don't think he's turned, just an honest assessment. This is shaping just like the men's '22 finals performance. Oh, and '23. Not sure how a supporter helps a team find its form.

You can love a club and also be a realist.
By turning up on game day and cheering them on.

By turning up on game day and cheering them on.
1 goal in a final. One! I'm not going to bother watching any team playing like that whether its Dees or not. Same issues as the men's team. I don't think I want to put myself through another finals campaign watching the same way to lose. Plus, why tf are we choosing to play our home finals away? Just a minnow club mentality. Deserve to lose.

Are we choosing to play at Ikon or is it an AFL directive? Either way I thought the coach waited to long to make changes , like getting Harris and Zanker involved more . I expect a positive response against the Cats .

Are we choosing to play at Ikon or is it an AFL directive? Either way I thought the coach waited to long to make changes , like getting Harris and Zanker involved more . I expect a positive response against the Cats .
Surely it's our call. The other finals looked like suburban grounds to me. Bizarre call to nit play our games at Casey.

Surely it's our call. The other finals looked like suburban grounds to me. Bizarre call to nit play our games at Casey.
Other games were Norwood, Kardinia Park and Metricon I think? Norwood has more of a grandstand than Casey and also centrally located.
We played both Vic finals at Ikon last year. I think we're just in s**t from. The venue is the least of our worries.

Ikon is a better venue then Casey and it's not like we haven't played there before. I'll be honest with you, I actually very much dislike Casey so I am probably biased on this opinion

Some of us can cry foul as much as we want, North would have executed the same way and embarrassed us at Casey, Ikon or anywhere. North had a plan to rock up and a mindset to execute, we looked lost, we expected things to go the same as last time. Venue is not an excuse for how we played. Adelaide minus a first and last quarter dominated us at Casey as well

Coach was asked about that and was diplomatic ,saying we love playing at Ikon etc , so who knows
Either way, it's an advantage playing at a ground you're familiar with. Not saying the result would have been different, but I find it interesting the club chooses to play their H&A games at one ground, then finals somewhere else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ikon is a better venue then Casey and it's not like we haven't played there before. I'll be honest with you, I actually very much dislike Casey so I am probably biased on this opinion

Some of us can cry foul as much as we want, North would have executed the same way and embarrassed us at Casey, Ikon or anywhere. North had a plan to rock up and a mindset to execute, we looked lost, we expected things to go the same as last time. Venue is not an excuse for how we played. Adelaide minus a first and last quarter dominated us at Casey as well
I hate Ikon stadium, Princes park, whatever its called on the day.
I won't go there.

Give me the fresh air at Casey anytime of year.

Dreadful stuff by us the past couple of weeks. North are a good team, but they shouldn't be strangling us this easily. Surely we've got something more to give some hope in the last going into next week?
We have got to get better at making space around the contest, when we have ball in hand.

Far too often we try to handball off when in close proximity to opponents. Then the handball is under pressure, and usually misses the intended target. Or, the intended recipient is under the pump.

Once the pressure is built up, we then proceeded to hack kick the ball forward, and to no one in particular. Turning the ball over. time after time.
If, when you have to hack kick the ball forward, then kick the effin thing to open space... at least we can rush to the contest and halve it from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back