Game Day QUALIFYING FINAL V COLLINGWOOD, 7:20PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, JVR needs a lot more experience before he plays finals again. Looked completely overwhelmed ... he was;t alone mind you

Most unprofessional display i've ever seen by a "good team" - and I'm not even focusing on the entire game's abysmal accurscy.

To be 7 down, and then miss FOUR chances at scoring an important point, ALL out on the full, is inexcusable.
"oh but pressure" BULLSHIT.

We 100% have to accept that extra time is a "win" from that positon, and if you can't score a goal, you MUST score a behind to drag it back to 6.

Kosi and Fritsch carry the most blame.
And Goodwin. "we train for these scenarios" BULLSHIT.

No doubt you train to all kick the heroic winning goal, but our level of professionalism is soo far off a sport like NFL it's utterly embarrassing.

Again, inexcusable level of unprofessional sport by this club.

Edit: Here's some incriminating stats:
We had 32 MORE inside 50s. They only had 37 for the entire game!
And this:
No team has EVER won a final with more than 30 less inside 50s. Ever.

Until this joke of a club turned up.

Last edited:
star wars GIF

Tom McDonald looks like this bloke trying to ply AFL

Don’t like hating on a 19yo but Van Rooyen was Tom Gillies bad tonight. Nightmare stuff.
Yep, don't have to write off his career or anything but when you're talking about just this game in isolation he absolutely went to water.

TBH, it was always going to be pushing s**t uphill as soonas there was any rain. For some inexplicable reason a team based in Melbourne is completely incapable of playing with even the slightest bit of moisture on the ball. We fumble it every time, panick and the panick spreads. It has happened every game this season ... I thin we won one match in the qwet this year. We only started to look good when it had completely dried out ... Check the weather because if it;s raining next week, no point watching.

T-Mac , Fritsch, Smith and JVR all took turns to spoil each other , smalls not front and centre enough , mids making shocking choices going forward . Forwards missing shots you’d expect a professional player to make , losing Brayshaw didn’t help either .
Not much to be hopeful for tbo .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beating Carlton and getting smashed in Brisbane will only paper over the Goodwin cracks.

Tbh not that fussed if we straight sets it.

No doubt dees social media will be all over it "good try to the boys, tough luck, but we still have the girls to cheer on"

Accepting mediocrity

Has any team ever been so dominant over a period at getting the ball inside 50 without being able to score?

Feels like we read a champion data stat about how games are won off contested posession and inside 50s and made a game plan focussed on achieving that and not scoring. Like the forwardline would just take care of itself.

I mean, yeah? You have to Schache and Grundy and cross your fingers ... there's literally one else
Or just try to win from the back half again like we did for a month until reverting to the same old crap against Carlton.

How many times can we do the same thing
And expect a different result?
It's killing us
Long bomb in 50, 1 vs 3 or out number mismatch, smalls not staying down or out of Fritch, Brown, JVRs way...

Darcy Moore/ IQ/ Murphy mark, like ffs lower your eyes, learn.

And separately Gawn could of done with A second legit ruck. I would of Brought Brodie in.

I almost forgot Lngdon ... that ******* play on and lazy snap when Fritta had a free in front of goal ... FMD ... that's drop on the spot stuff

And expect a different result?
It's killing us
Long bomb in 50, 1 vs 3 or out number mismatch, smalls not staying down or out of Fritch, Brown, JVRs way...

Darcy Moore/ IQ/ Murphy mark, like ffs lower your eyes, learn.

And separately Gawn could of done with A second legit ruck. I would of Brought Brodie in.

Bring Brodie in if we play Port Adelaide. That way he can get some on-field advice from his 2024 teammates on how we might beat them.

Most unprofessional display i've ever seen by a "good team" - and I'm not even focusing on the entire game's abysmal accurscy.

To be 7 down, and then miss FOUR chances at scoring an important point, ALL out on the full, is inexcusable.
"oh but pressure" BULLSHIT.

We 100% have to accept that extra time is a "win" from that positon, and if you can't score a goal, you MUST score a behind to drag it back to 6.

Kosi and Fritsch carry the most blame.
And Goodwin. "we train for these scenarios" BULLSHIT.

No doubt you train to all kick the heroic winning goal, but our level of professionalism is soo far off a sport like NFL it's utterly embarrassing.

Again, inexcusable level of unprofessional sport by this club.

Edit: Here's some incriminating stats:
We had 32 MORE inside 50s. They only had 37 for the entire game!
And this:
No team has EVER won a final with more than 30 less inside 50s. Ever.

Until this joke of a club turned up.
That's all completely fair. I was very critical of the club not spraying the footies with water or running the sprinklers for a few minutes during pre-season. We've played about 25% of our games in the actual wet and played awful in all of them.

Also, you could throw undisciplined free kicks in the list of unprofessionalism. Pickett did some stupid frees, as did lever, as did Gawn.

Also, does anyone know who that player was that didn't pass the ball to Hunter in the 50m? Hunter was screaming for it and was completely open but the player (whoever it was) ignored him time and time again only to kick it forward, turnover it over and result in a goal at the other end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back