Game Day Round 13 v Collingwood, King's Birthday @MCG 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Sovereign's Birthday all!
What a tip top day for football. Sold out game, massive crowd, against the best side in the comp. Hopefully that can fire us up and we play well.

Not overly confident of a win (notwithstanding the flu epidemic at Collingwood). We've been scratchy of late and will need to be very efficient to get over the Pies. Our pressure has looked pretty good lately, so we should give them a bit of trouble. But their efficiency and skills worry me. They've had the wood over us for a while.

Hope Sparrow can continue his decent form in the middle, and we throw some guys like Kozzy and Riv through there more today.

IMG_20230611_202015.jpg
IMG_20230611_202031.jpg

For anyone going tomorrow make sure you use #ATG for know-it-all points!

Last edited:
Top ‘o the morning guys and dolls, especially to that triumvirate of bully boy posters who I’ll affectionately call The Clique. No hard feelings here lads, just hope you’re able to set your minds to the task of discussing football and not wasting your time mindlessly attacking contributors like me who bring new ideas and opinions to the table. Time to take some big, deep breaths and move past all that. Be better, do better.

Unfortunately, I think we’re going to fall short today. Our ladder position flatters us (13W and 12L over the past 25 games) and without Clarry in the guts our engine room scales down from A to B level quality. All hope got snuffed out however at the selection table with the non-selection of another key forward who would’ve provided aerial support for young Van Rooyen and given our crumbers more opportunities on the ground to create goals. A real head scratcher that one but Goody seems to take twice as long to learn strategic lessons as the AFL’s best coaches, so we in the Red and Blue Army just have to cop it.

Pies by 19.

Despite some of my negativity towards our game and the way we've been playing, I'm still optimistic of our chances, I still think we can match it with Collingwood. Still contemplating whether to go or not, I live regional and will be by myself, will get home late with work the next day. I don't know probably should make my mind up soon.

1003546.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ginnivan a possible late out.
With the way he's been playing, that would be advantageous for Collingwood.

Playing as a small forward, he's had a total of one tackle in his last four games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back