AFLW Season 7 Qualifying Final v Adelaide @Ikon Park, Friday 4 November 7.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a fun few weeks eviscerating battlers, but time for the serious stuff to kick off. The Crows haven't been as dominant this year, and we pretty comfortably won in Round 1, but they haven't dropped a game in a while and know how to win close ones. Expecting this to be a tight game. Might be shitty weather, and after a month of flogging everyone a decent opposition could be a shock.

Feeling pretty confident, we've got a bit more grunt in the midfield to compete with Hatchard/Marinoff, and Randall will be racing the clock to be right. However, can't write off the Crows so expecting it to be close.

Having the game at Ikon, while probably nicer from a fan's viewing perspective and getting in a crowd, does rob us of the WTF conditions Casey dishes up for visiting sides. Hopefully this gets a good crowd in as it should be a great game.

Ticket info, etc: AFLW Finals: Qualifying Final confirmed

...but time for the serious stuff to kick off. The Crows haven't been as dominant this year, and we pretty comfortably won in Round 1, but they haven't dropped a game in a while and know how to win close ones. Expecting this to be a tight game. Might be shitty weather, and after a month of flogging everyone a decent opposition could be a shock.
I've a few minor strokes, that I think will be very important for us to win this one.

# Harris to start in the ruck. Lauren Pearce to full forward/2nd ruck.
When lPearce needs a rest, switch with Zanker(ff) from the bench.
When Pearce rucks, Zanker to full forward, with Harris to CHF... Packman to wing and Mithen to bench.

Feeling pretty confident, we've got a bit more grunt in the midfield to compete with Hatchard/Marinoff, and Randall will be racing the clock to be right. However, can't write off the Crows so expecting it to be close.
West and Purcell on the ball are an improvement on our last years side. Both winning the footy in close, and also with their defensive work, tackling anything that dares to move.

I like Heath having a bit of a run through the middle, maybe switching with Hanks on ball, and forward.

Having the game at Ikon, while probably nicer from a fan's viewing perspective and getting in a crowd, does rob us of the WTF conditions Casey dishes up for visiting sides.
I wish it was at Casey Fields. Closer to Franker town.

I hate ikon park... and putting dollars into bluebaggers bags.

Last edited:

Good quarter. Got the momentum and got a few goals out of it. Got the crowd involved as well. Should go on with it from here. Would be a big disappointment if we don't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice snap from L.Pearce but I don’t think we are getting anything from her at centre bounces . A much better quarter from us though.

Really like Harris at centre bounces , really gets us going forward. Purcell , Hanks and West seem to like it as well . A great win and I’d think a few of the women will appreciate the week off to get over some bruises.

i will say it again , really impressed with Makins first season with us. Tonite , apart from an attempt to shrug off a tackle , had a near perfect game . Knows when to go forward , is hard to tackle , has done what most Irish Women can't do and learnt to how to bounce the ball on the run , knows how to "sell candy " , and doesn't mostly try to be smarter than she is .
I think we have found a gem .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back