Changes/discussion v Carlton round 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ever heard of innocent until proven guilty? end of the day he was cleared to play.

blame the afl lawyers not cripps.
Of course we’ll blame Cripps.

He could have actually stood up as a man and said, “I f*cked up, I’ll wear it and rule myself out”.

There will always be an asterisk on his Brownlow.

Guilty as f*ck, but got off on a legal technicality.

Unfortunately Gunston will stay in as Fages doesn't like change. Lester showed he is miles better than Joyce. For a couple of cms I would retain his footy smarts unless they think Gardner is fit/ ready instead. Joyce however, could be a handy sub in case our defence falls apart against their talls. So for me:

Out: Rich, Zorko, Answerth
In: Prior, Lyons, Joyce (sub)

Just had a long conversation with a Saints supporter, who is also one of the best football supporter brains I know and his take was, “you don’t need a BIG backline to beat Carlton.”
He was describing how St.Kilda beat Carlton, while restricting Curnow and McKay to a total of 4 goals between them. That day the Saints had Battle 193cm, Howard 199 cm and Wilkie 191cm as the mainstay of defence. Not super big. I think we have it covered with Andrews 202cm, Payne 197cm and Lester 193 cm. He also described Joyce, having followed his career as a handy reserves player, who didn’t break into the main St.Kilda side because he couldn’t adjust to the pace and was not a natural footballer.

ever heard of innocent until proven guilty? end of the day he was cleared to play.

blame the afl lawyers not cripps.
can you keep the village idiot act constrained to the main board

rather not see you, danster etc type posters here

Just had a long conversation with a Saints supporter, who is also one of the best football supporter brains I know and his take was, “you don’t need a BIG backline to beat Carlton.”
He was describing how St.Kilda beat Carlton, while restricting Curnow and McKay to a total of 4 goals between them. That day the Saints had Battle 193cm, Howard 199 cm and Wilkie 191cm as the mainstay of defence. Not super big. I think we have it covered with Andrews 202cm, Payne 197cm and Lester 193 cm. He also described Joyce, having followed his career as a handy reserves player, who didn’t break into the main St.Kilda side because he couldn’t adjust to the pace and was not a natural footballer.
3KZ we understand you love Lester.

Just my opinion, but whether we play Lester or Joyce, IF our midfield doesn't dominate we could be in for a bit of trouble. We have to accept that Curnow will kick a few no matter who is marking him. IF we can keep him to 4 or so goals and McKay continues his relatively poor accuracy for one more week, we should be able to outscore them.

3KZ we understand you love Lester.

Just my opinion, but whether we play Lester or Joyce, IF our midfield doesn't dominate we could be in for a bit of trouble. We have to accept that Curnow will kick a few no matter who is marking him. IF we can keep him to 4 or so goals and McKay continues his relatively poor accuracy for one more week, we should be able to outscore them.
I do love Lester, but I love Brisbane Lions more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back