Prediction Changes for Essendon (OP updated with player availability)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Varcoe has done his hammy twice this year and went at half rat powder last week. You'd think he's odds on to return against the Eagles next week, with Moore coming in the week after. Then hopefully Elliott the game after that.
But with no VFL next week (bye), that could delay AFL returns?

Moore to get near full game. Then use the next week ends bye to get a full blown training session in for him & Elliott.

Not convinced this is absolute best team would could have picked from those ready and able.

Greenwood was running at 25% DE from his 8 disposals prior to his concussion and had a lowly 6 disposals against the Dees the week prior (who did he play on?).

Seemingly it's hardly form that screams pick me and unless we plan on returning him to his more accustomed role through the midfield Murray looks a better proposition.

Murray should be in this side regardless IMO and just like Philips last year we need to persist and have patience that the flaws will gradually iron themselves out as he gains experience.

Young Daicos hasn't been overly influential and hasn't scored a goal these past 3 weeks. I thought we might have went with the equally young Brown who was judged BOG for us last week in the VFL.

I'm worried that not taking a punt on the raw but willing McLarty in place of Crocker could leave us exposed in defence if Essendon decide to push Hooker or Hurley forward.

They've named 3 193cm+ defenders against a side only containing the one giant forward so a late change may come for them perhaps.

Thoughts:

Possible best 22 against Essendon

B Brayden Maynard, Brody Mihocek, Jack Crisp

HB Jeremy Howe, Matthew Scharenberg, Flynn Appleby

C Chris Mayne, Scott Pendlebury, Tom Phillips

HF Jordan De Goey, Ben Crocker, Will Hoskin-Elliott

F Josh Thomas, Mason Cox, Jaidyn Stephenson

FOL Brodie Grundy, Brayden Sier, Steele Sidebottom

I/C Taylor Adams, Josh Daicos, Levi Greenwood, Tom Langdon,

After 2 weeks

B Brayden Maynard, Brody Mihocek, Jack Crisp

HB Jeremy Howe, Matthew Scharenberg, Sam Murray

C Jordan De Goey, Scott Pendlebury, Tom Phillips

HF Alex Fasolo, Jamie Elliot, Will Hoskin-Elliott

FOL Brodie Grundy, Travis Varcoe, Steele Sidebottom

I/C Taylor Adams, Levi Greenwood, Darcy Moore, Chris Mayne

Changes:

Alex Fasolo in for Ben Crocker

Jamie Elliot in for Josh Daicos (With Jordan De Goey sent into midfield)

Travis Varcoe in for Brayden Sier

Sam Murray (after rest) in for Flynn Appleby

Darcy Moore in for Tom Langdon

Finals

B Brayden Maynard, Ben Reid, Jack Crisp

HB Jeremy Howe, Matthew Scharenberg, Sam Murray

C Adam Treloar, Scott Pendlebury, Tom Phillips

HF Jordan De Goey, Jamie Elliot, Will Hoskin-Elliott

FOL Brodie Grundy, Travis Varcoe, Steele Sidebottom

I/C Taylor Adams, Levi Greenwood, Darcy Moore, James Aish

Changes

Treloar in for Alex Fasolo (JDG sent forward)

Ben Reid in for Brody Mihocek

Depending on Form:

James Aish in Chris Mayne

Tyson Goldsack or Tom Langdon in for Levi Greenwood or Sam Murray
I really like the way you’ve constructed the progression of change

That’s the kind of thinking that makes sense to me as it will change via small progressions.

I think Sier might stay the whole way through. Just his thinking in heavy traffic seems very Gary Ayres like. Yes he’s not Ayres not close.
which really is me saying that’s a plus for Sier and he looks so big and strong.

Also I’m not sold Fasolo will be seen much if Elliott is back and Crocker is half way competent.

But thought provoking lay out of change through the next 3 months.

Seriously mate, that’s a s**t post. You don’t know Oxley or what he’s really like.
Yes the ongoing Oxley imputations is not necessary.

By logic, and his very few games in recent years, it’s likely he moves off the list come season end.
That should be enough to sate the Anti Oxley echo chamber.

Ps I know CFC doesn’t like him. And that’s noted.

Selection committee have been very consistent this year, predominately making changes due to injuries and only occasionally due to form.
Don't mind this so much as Greenwood adds a bit of flexibility in playing forward or tagging.
And he’s a hard hard hard nut.l

Dunn goes down, put McClarty in, why **** with our current fwd structure in sending Miochec back? But they love reinventing the wheel.
Because we have too. Miochek is a defender and will always be one. McLarty is too slow to be in with Cox/Grundy. If Cox went down then yeah, we'd bring him in.

Our forward line will be fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunn goes down, put McClarty in, why **** with our current fwd structure in sending Miochec back? But they love reinventing the wheel.

Mihocek apparently trained with the forwards. Maybe they will keep him there and just expect Howe Shaz and Langdon to get the job done in key defence. Mihocek is a defender by trade though and could easily fill the role. Greenwood can play both ends too.

Varcoe not ready but same same.

So glad they weren’t stupid enough to
Debut another kid

Greenwood could play a chf role especially
In the wet or will be used down back?

This is the thing. How many kids or players with less than 15 games experience (by my count we have 5 in the team for tomorrow, plus 3 more listed as emergencies) can we keep winning with? We must be at the limit - the kids are not 'like for like' replacements for the injured players.

In previous seasons, with this much inexperience, we inevitably lost.

This is the thing. How many kids or players with less than 15 games experience (by my count we have 5 in the team for tomorrow, plus 3 more listed as emergencies) can we keep winning with? We must be at the limit - the kids are not 'like for like' replacements for the injured players.

In previous seasons, with this much inexperience, we inevitably lost.
Yes, the wheels could fall off very quickly...we could easily lose 3-4 of our next 5 & suddenly find ourselves fighting to stay in the 8.
Essendon, WC, North, Richmond, Sydney.
We have probably over performed with the injury list we have??
How long can we keep it up?
Could be a blowout tomorrow.

Looking at Essendon's forward line I think we can get away with leaving Mihocek forward unless our midfield starts getting dominated.

McKernan- Shaz
Mitch Brown- Langdon
Stringer- Howe
Mckernan in good form and a bit too big for Shaz in my opinion.
Id back howe in against Mckernan to simply outsmart him. Mckernans big and can take a grab but his footy IQ isnt the highest.
Shaz to mitch brown, and Langdon to stringer

Yes, the wheels could fall off very quickly...we could easily lose 3-4 of our next 5 & suddenly find ourselves fighting to stay in the 8.
Essendon, WC, North, Richmond, Sydney.
We have probably over performed with the injury list we have??
How long can we keep it up?
Could be a blowout tomorrow.

Yeah im very nervous about the game. I can see it going like the Tigers game. We hang with them for most the game, then we run out of legs and it blows out to 40 points in junk time.

Hopefully not. Going to need big games from Grundy, Pendles, Sidey and the rest of the mods to help out defensively as well.

Yeah im very nervous about the game. I can see it going like the Tigers game. We hang with them for most the game, then we run out of legs and it blows out to 40 points in junk time.

Hopefully not. Going to need big games from Grundy, Pendles, Sidey and the rest of the mods to help out defensively as well.
I think guys like Crocker need to stand up as well...

Mihocek apparently trained with the forwards. Maybe they will keep him there and just expect Howe Shaz and Langdon to get the job done in key defence. Mihocek is a defender by trade though and could easily fill the role. Greenwood can play both ends too.

Last time we did that Brisbane nearly Beat Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back