Strategy Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 12 vs. West Coast, OS Sat 03/06, 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bit off topic and apologies if this is not allowed, but looking for 1 ticket to King's birthday game. If anyone has a spare would be happy to take it off your hands. Thanks on advance

I actually want to play the Dees with their best team possible, so hope he plays!
Me too. Hoping to smash them with their best side in. So then no excuses either side.
I do find this a bit hard to understand! If Oliver is playing for Melbourne that's likely to leave them without only Petty from their best line-up. We'll be missing (probably all of) Howe, Lipinski, McStay and Sidebottom. So we'll be considerably disadvantaged, with maybe four quality players out, as opposed to Melbourne's one. It won't trouble me one bit if Oliver isn't playing, I just want my team to keep on winning, and anything that helps that happen is fine by me!

I do find this a bit hard to understand! If Oliver is playing for Melbourne that's likely to leave them without only Petty from their best line-up. We'll be missing (probably all of) Howe, Lipinski, McStay and Sidebottom. So we'll be considerably disadvantaged, with maybe four quality players out, as opposed to Melbourne's one. It won't trouble me one bit if Oliver isn't playing, I just want my team to keep on winning, and anything that helps that happen is fine by me!

People get a bit antsy on the injury topic because wishing injury upon a team is severely frowned upon, BUT in this case the injuries have already happened, so I reckon it's fair enough to hope they remain out until after our game.

I also understand the theory of playing a team at full strength; it's a good test and if you win you get the belief that goes with it. But I agree, you bank wins at this time of year. If we beat them undermanned I'm sure the coaches will reiterate come September that they're likely to be stronger.

Anyway, that's next week's problem 😂

If there is any doubt around Elliott I would leave him out, let him rest at home and get himself 100% for Melbourne the week later.

Bring in Allan for a debut in his home state and Macrae to reward good form in the VFL.

INS: Allan, Macrae
OUTS: Sidebottom, Elliott

B - Quaynor Moore Maynard
HB - Crisp Murphy N.Daicos
C - J.Daicos DeGoey WHE
HF - McCreery Mihochek Hill
F - Ginnivan Cox Johnson
R - Cameron Mitchell Pendlebury
INT - Adams Noble Macrae Allan
SUB - Markov

If there is any doubt around Elliott I would leave him out, let him rest at home and get himself 100% for Melbourne the week later.

Bring in Allan for a debut in his home state and Macrae to reward good form in the VFL.

C - J.Daicos DeGoey WHE
F - Ginnivan Cox Johnson
SUB - Markov
I'd be happy with his team. I'd also like to see Frampton back to find touch and tune up for the Melbourne clash. Having said that, Frampton's inclusion would likely be at the expense of Markov and his run would be missed.

Im a big fan of Allan, but cant agree with that. Whenever Allan plays on the wing, he looks lost, cant find the footy and has a low possession low impact game. At this stage he lacks the tank and the smarts to find the footy on the outside, It's when he plays in the middle that he finds the footy and shines. Now I dont mind if Allan makes his debut (but I think Macrae is more deserving on having better form for longer) but if he does, we need to push someone else onto the wing
Agree - a replacement for Sidey needs a comparable tank. It’s Sidey’s 1 wood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm lead to believe 2005 was the last time the top team was beaten by the bottom team :think:

We were bottom and they were top too lol

West Coast still went on to make the Grand Final

So should hell freeze over this weekend, I hope there isn't too much panic here as a result lol

Well, yes but no. You're not going to go the whole season without having to change things up, sure. But if you don't have to, sometimes why would you? Hill went to a wing once Sidebottom had been injured, not just because we wanted to try things.

I'm just saying why would you try and play Macrae, Mitchell and Adams in the same team if that's 0% chance of happening in the finals. Do Bianco, or Allan if he's ready... Because if Sidebottom had a proper season-ending injury that's what you're going to do.
I could be remembering wrong but I’m fairly sure Hill was the intended wing/half forward rotation even before Sidebottom’s injury. The injury didn’t effect much as it was essentially a straight swap with him and WHE.

C - J.Daicos DeGoey WHE
F - Ginnivan Cox Johnson
SUB - Markov
Like. but on the other subject of spelling... please, MIHOCEK!!

And if Allan / macrae / josh / HH do get the nod, I hope they are given a proper go at it, with genuine mins through the middle / up forward. Hate seeing a rookie get a game, only to spend 55% of game time on the pine, never get a chance to get a feel for the game, then lose confidence with match stats of 6 - 8 touches

With Jamie ruled out (sounds like being rested more than anything) Carmichael is the obvious in, can come straight in and play HF or could play wing with WHE playing fwd.

VFL watchers will tell you Carmichael is a long way ahead of HH but they may feel like throwing HH a reward given we play WCE but I guarantee if it was a big game it would be Carmichael.

Reckon Allan won't play as we'd be setting him up to fail in that we'd want Lipinski to play in front of him on King's Birthday (unless he performed well enough to hold his spot, but that's another story).

Might be a similar theory with HH given Elliott is due to only miss one week.

Personally I'd be going Carmy for Elliott and Bianco for Sidebottom

Then Lipinski and Elliott back for KBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back