Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 5 vs. WCE, OS Fri 16/04 @ 8:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The weather forecast for the game is perfect. Very odd decision not to play Cox given no rain is forecast. If anything, based on last week’s weather conditions, Cox should have been omitted, and recalled for this week.
Please refer to my earlier post, he is a scapegoat.

Yep.. sorry. Not great.

Had a look at the goal kicking ladder.. Tex can sit out the next 10 and he'd still have him covered.. the rate big Mase is going.
If Cox played for Richmond he'd kick a few bags. Our ball movement and disposal is pathetic most of the time.

Big Mason Cox is one of the worst big tall forwards in the league in terms of snagging em. 6 sausage rolls. How much is that attributed to him.. how much to Buckley's game plan? How much is this bloke getting paid?
I’d say all 6 are due to him, he kicked them, a game plan doesn’t kick a goal. He’s an AFL footballer of course he’s getting paid well, that has nothing to do with anything. So over the time Cox has been playing for us who could have taken his spot? No one as they refused to draft anyone. We have to go with what we’ve got until someone better comes along it’s not Cameron. That player is unknown at the moment and is not at our club, whoever that may be.

I’d say all 6 are due to him, he kicked them, a game plan doesn’t kick a goal. He’s an AFL footballer of course he’s getting paid well, that has nothing to do with anything. So over the time Cox has been playing for us who could have taken his spot? No one as they refused to draft anyone. We have to go with what we’ve got until someone better comes along it’s not Cameron. That player is unknown at the moment and is not at our club, whoever that may be.

Writing Moore Kelly or McMahon off already?

Personally, only different move I would've made is Thomas out instead of Cox. After some thought and not basing my opinions off the game which is very reactionary, this is how I'd approach the season.

I'd honestly consider moving Darcy Moore out of defence to be honest. The defensive aspect of his game is being drastically overrated when it comes to man on man work. He was amazing against the Bulldogs but I'd argue he has since lost his next 3 matchups (Himmelberg is debateable but I personally think he was beat). Darcy Moore has a defensive loss percentage of 28% and I saw a stat staying .
Where Darcy excels is his ability to read the play and both his disposal and movement for a tall player. He should be moved to a wing by the Essendon game. Look at Nic Cox for Essendon. He is a talent but on top of that, he is very hard to match up on. Now imagine Darcy Moore on the wing who is better in every way bar endurance.

Now to Brodie Grundy and the 3 talls. It actually baffles me. Having the 2 key forwards hides our deficiencies as a forward line as you need to put good defenders on them as they can both take a contested grab and are so tall. Also takes pressure off Mihocek as a leading forward and Grundy in the ruck. Now speaking of Grundy. Why not try deploy him for very short bursts as an inside midfielder (assuming we run the Cameron/Cox combo)? Adams is out and we lack a contested ball winner. He does lack the speed but having a huge body could help in the packs. May not work but we aren't making finals anyway at this rate so why not experiment. We also need to rest him forward more. Especially if we only have the one super tall.

By Essendon, I want to see this line up barring injury
B. J.Howe/Jo.Roughead/J.Magden
HB. Br.Maynard/M.Keane/I.Quaynor
R. B.Grundy/S.Pendlebury/S.Sidebottom
C. D.Moore/L.Greenwood/J.Crisp
HF. J.Daicos/D.Cameron/B.Mihocek
F. B.McCreery/M.Cox/J.De Goey
int. J.Noble/C.Mayne/F.Macrae/CL.Brown

I would try and phase out Mayne and Greenwood first and potentially Magden after that. Obviously slowly introduce youth who put their hands up but I only want to play youth if they are genuinely deserving of it. They need to be putting performances up in the VFL.

Thomas instead of Cox.... giggling...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The best 22 is beginning to resemble something that you can get behind this year, but there’s still a few taking us absolutely nowhere in Greenwood, Mayne, Brown and Madgen. They can’t all go out at once...
But atleast one of them going out would be nice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Use your imagdenation!
He's our Taylor Adams inside bull mid replacement. You just need to suck it up. Not going anywhere. Bucks loves him and his dad.

I don’t need to use my imagination because nothing shocks me with Buckley. I mean giving Adams’ midfield minutes to a guy that’s amazingly a worse kick, a defender and 6 months older is logical for him.

Your Dad is a very wise man, also keeps the crowd sedated, which at that stadium , is the loudest I have experienced, has crazy reverberation

Stop them Keep on Booing the Whole Game;)

Stop them Keep on Booing the Whole Game;)

They boo at anything Dave, my mate, who played for Swan Districts, in the WAFL, both wore his magnificent Black and White jumper that he played in at Swans, we got booed, we had our own police protection, don`t know why, we both peaceful citizens, bit lippy yes

519f41101b4bbd4904db88543854ff05.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Big outs for WC, with Hurn, Ryan and Petrucelle, on top of Yeo and Shuey. We need to bring the effort and intensity to this game, and if we can, a huge chance of actually winning it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back