Prediction Changes: Round 14 Vs GWS + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Our forward line play consists of having 10 players standing around the ball flat footed
It's horrible to watch isn't it ?!
Glad I chose to watch our local boys have a good win today and only caught the last quarter and highlights .

Why does Brayshaw **** himself in front of goals ?
10 metres out from goal and our boys are hand balling it to each other - " I don't want it - you kick it :> nah I dont want it - you kick it .
FFS 🤯
They got a lesson today
Serong is the only one who seems to want to kick goals and have a crack!!!

Stephen Hill has been my favourite player for many many years , but constantly seeing him get run down lately is hard to watch . Looking forward to seeing Youngy back and the spark that he brings .

Cmon Dockers lift from that one ✊

tbh the only ones that frustrated me was the non Fyfe hold & the free against Ryan (still no idea what that’s for)
There were more than that, if you factor in what was paid to GWS but not to us.
It's a pattern that's been established for quite a while now. Set the game up early, give or stop momentum one way or the other until the stage is set, then even up the count later in the game.
GWS play hard and apply pressure because, unlike our guys, they're not second-guessing themselves in case they breathe on the opposition the wrong way.
It's psychological.

And... I was right.
Ratio of two frees to one in the first quarter, Umpires looking for things they can pay while withholding from us, only slightly better by half time, numerous GWS goals (and another one late for that ridiculous Cerra decision) and by the end of the game we're 4 in front on the free kick count.
Numbers look good, nothing to see here, move on. One contentious free will be heavily scrutinized all week, AFL will do nothing, panels say "well, that was a bit iffy but there was one for them which evens it up", numbers look like we were favoured, and then it's next week and no one cares.

I live with a few internationals at the moment, they watch this s**t, and can't figure out what the rules are. I get asked if that was a free, why wasn't this one? And I have no answers.
So they stick with Soccer because it's too confusing. The AFL is going to lose this game if they don't do something about it soon... they're relying on people being born here and growing up with it, and completely forgetting that people growing up with AFL footy are getting fewer in number by the year. People denying there's a problem and having a go at others whining about the umpiring are just making it worse, because as long as the fans are at odds with each other over it, they don't have to do anything at all.

Bit hard for Fyfe to get into the game when the umpires decide how much you can hold him (or, you know, just throw him off the ball completely) almost from the first bounce. Or, you know, just let Mumford sit on him for half an hour while play goes on.

I watch this game to see people like Fyfe actually play. If they won't let him, then why the * am I here, AFL?

I agree. I have been saying for weeks that teams seem to be able to do off ball scragging to us and understand they will not be penalised for it. I too want to come to see Fyfe play!

Duman has always been suspect. Doesn’t have the pace nor bulk to be a tall defender. Doesn’t have the height for talls.
Got absolutely killed by Ricciardi

Thought that was a bad match up and should have moved Hughes onto Riccardi. Duman isn't slow...and one of his better attributes as a defender is the late closing spoil.

Thought that was a bad match up and should have moved Hughes onto Riccardi. Duman isn't slow...and one of his better attributes as a defender is the late closing spoil.
Good reality check tonight everyone was getting wU to ahead of them selves

Every one here thought we were a too 8 team... No were near it.... If it wasn't for Mindy would of been beatin by 10 goals

Every one here thought we were a too 8 team... No were near it.... If it wasn't for Mindy would of been beatin by 10 goals
Literally nobody in here thought we were top 8 team. It's only your third post though - hopefully you develop from here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back