Prediction Changes: Round 22 Vs West Coast + pre-match discussion (DERBY TIME)

Remove this Banner Ad

For the boys who have already had it this year it shouldn't be a issue. Young healthy and highly active immune systems: symptomatic reinfection inside 6 months chance would be close to 0.

If they haven't had it then for the sake of a potential first flag they need to get their 4th shot.

Less, but def not close to zero.

How dockery would it be to have a double chance for the first time in 9 years only to have a covid crisis on the Eve of finals…. 🤦‍♀️

One day we will get a Rioli, as we should as the great Maurice was exposed as a potential legend at Freo Oval originally.
He was easily as good at South Freo as he was at Richmond, probs better even
He wanted to go to Richmond because of his cousin Daniel. Daneil might leave this year so surely we go after him. But than again we are sacrificing all our picks for Jacko...

Less, but def not close to zero.

How dockery would it be to have a double chance for the first time in 9 years only to have a covid crisis on the Eve of finals…. 🤦‍♀️
It's around 80% protection in the general population which includes the all ages ranges and states of immune fitness according to overseas studies. Given the published reinfection rate (again in the general population. Caveat: for NSW) for 2022 up to month ago was around 3% (and that's for all strains not just Omicron) close to 0 is a fair guess in my view.

I don't think AFL clubs test all that seriously anymore.
We shouldn't be concerned about asymptomatic players getting pinged by routine testing since I assume they don't do that any more anyway. We absolutely should be concerned about someone who hasn't had it yet getting and giving it to other players who haven't had it yet. I think the extra precautions the club are taking, even if the benefit is marginal, are fully justified as the downside risk is potentially missing out on a first premiership for the club.

Key question is how many players do we have left that haven't had it yet. Quite a few isn't it? It's a risk.

The ones who have had it already would have had it long enough ago that they could still get it again. From memory there were a few in the WAFL (Henry, Erasmus, etc) from about 2 months ago, and then that period where we lost a few around the North/Cats games which was 3 months ago.

Getting it doesn't give you immunity forever. Current thinking is changing the 3 month protection to a 28 days grace period. I know several people who have caught it again within 1-2 months of recovering from their first infection. Maybe athletes have super fitness and less susceptible, but I don't think there is much difference in risk between anyone on the list.

The ones who have had it already would have had it long enough ago that they could still get it again. From memory there were a few in the WAFL (Henry, Erasmus, etc) from about 2 months ago, and then that period where we lost a few around the North/Cats games which was 3 months ago.

Getting it doesn't give you immunity forever. Current thinking is changing the 3 month protection to a 28 days grace period. I know several people who have caught it again within 1-2 months of recovering from their first infection. Maybe athletes have super fitness and less susceptible, but I don't think there is much difference in risk between anyone on the list.
You are confusing what is possible with what is likely. So you know 'several' people who have caught it twice within 2 months? Well in my entire extended network of 1000s I am aware of 1 (at around 3 months). Does my anecdote trump yours?
How many reported reinfections have we had in the AFL so far. 0 I imagine, and that's a pretty big sample.

Sure as it stretches out to 1 or 2 years since you've been infected, and not had an updated vaccination, then reinfection becomes more likely, but we're some way off that.

Anyway I better stop before I get told off to the COVID thread and I ain't going in there as I value my equanimity!

You are confusing what is possible with what is likely. So you know 'several' people who have caught it twice within 2 months? Well in my entire extended network of 1000s I am aware of 1 (at around 3 months). Does my anecdote trump yours?
How many reported reinfections have we had in the AFL so far. 0 I imagine, and that's a pretty big sample.

Sure as it stretches out to 1 or 2 years since you've been infected, and not had an updated vaccination, then reinfection becomes more likely, but we're some way off that.
Mad Glare GIF by Angry Birds

Anyway I better stop before I get told off to the COVID thread and I ain't going in there as I value my equanimity!
Robert Redford Nod GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Fyfe named, as unlikely as it seems
The training pics today make it look like he's ready to go. Seems like if he doesnt get picked, whoever plays instead this weekend is just keeping his spot warm for next week. I still hope a Treacy or Sturt get given a run against WC

The training pics today make it look like he's ready to go. Seems like if he doesnt get picked, whoever plays instead this weekend is just keeping his spot warm for next week. I still hope a Treacy or Sturt get given a run against WC
Rip Tucker

Kram now I hope Freo belt these blue and yellow poxy campaigners this weekend.

They banned me for 24 hours for posting on their banter thread LoL.

Some of those eagles mods are crazy. I swear one or 2 of them are corrupt.

They will build a Bloody wall in the eagles bigfooty board and let the dockers pay for it. LoL.

They then put this sign up.....

images.jpeg

Violators will be shot, survivors will be shot again. lol.

West coast fans are very tolerant to non eagles fans, especially dockers fans LoL 😂

What was the fake a/c name Taylor?
Additionally where are those bin chicken supporters that usually come over here and troll??

Liam Ryan, SPS and Willie are in Darwin. RIP. Presumably Ryan and SPS fly back prior to the game. I’ll be pissed if they give us COVID. Flights with the general population is the most likely place to get COVID currently.
Yeah, that would be very selfish of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back