Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
I don't see too many changes.

Emmett and Johnson time on ground was the lowest, so maybe one of them needs a rest. Hopefully a few players have a good game at Peel to put some pressure on the side.

Once again, I think Simpson should be the sub but O'Meara will more than likely keep it.

I don't see too many changes.

Emmett and Johnson time on ground was the lowest, so maybe one of them needs a rest. Hopefully a few players have a good game at Peel to put some pressure on the side.

Once again, I think Simpson should be the sub but O'Meara will more than likely keep it.
Agreed. I am sure the coaches are in a bit of a quandary about Emmett because he brings the defensive intensity coupled with genuine speed that they need in the forward line but not much else at the moment, and as basically his first major season in the AFL you can see the amount of game time he can go is diminishing. They probably need to rest him but where are they going to get the same defense from? The only option I see is to bring Erasmus in in that same role, but then Erasmus does not have the speed of Emmett. Simpson has the speed but is more an offensive weapon than a tackling machine - he could be an option to rest Johnson at some point but he hasn't played a game yet and would like for him to have at least some WAFL form under his belt first. We also lose out on the height that Johnson brings, particularly in defence.

I think they either bring JOM in or play him at Peel, hard to be sub for too long.

Who comes in may depend on what happens at Peel today.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Ras is the sub. Simpson would really surprise me, just because of his age. I think if they bring him in it’s against lesser oppo.

I think Blues will be too strong this week, need Jackson to play a huge game to win.

Also need Pearce to continue his with great form, McKay and Curnow a huge challenge with our missing players.

Pearce will take McKay and Draper Curnow.

I think they either bring JOM in or play him at Peel, hard to be sub for too long.

Who comes in may depend on what happens at Peel today.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Ras is the sub. Simpson would really surprise me, just because of his age. I think if they bring him in it’s against lesser oppo.

I think Blues will be too strong this week, need Jackson to play a huge game to win.

Also need Pearce to continue his with great form, McKay and Curnow a huge challenge with our missing players.

Pearce will take McKay and Draper Curnow.
Brodie and O'Driscoll are other good sub options IMO.

JOM needs to go. Is playing on reputation and presumably leadership. I can't understand how Brodie doesn't offer more around the ground and Simpson could give us some energy as sub.

Emmett is a worry I agree, he was really good in the first quarter but invisible mostly after that.
Would prefer Erasmus be given a chance to play as a forward.

I’d be happy to try Simpson in for Emmett, for a full game in a big clash against a good team, see what he’s got - and perhaps juggle JOM for Erasmus as sub.

But I can’t see us doing that unfortunately

Emmett out would need to be a near certainty. He’s had 4 tackles and not scored a single point in 3 games.

They may move O’Meara to that front half role (mistake in my opinion) and Erasmus to the sub role.

Despite Johnson making some inexcusable howlers I very much see him as a flexible rotational piece.

Out - Emmett
In - Erasmus (sub) O’Meara to bench

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Johnson was fine. One bad turnover with a kick he held onto too long. Showed more composure a couple of times thereafter.

Emmett prob under some pressure. I actually through JOM did well when he came on. He doesn’t need to really smash out mins in the WAFL so can stay on as sub for mine.

Will wait for the WAFL game today. Cooper Simpson and Erasmus are the two I’m interested in watching.

I hope Cooper tears it up as I’d love to see him in as a forward.

Emmett is trying hard and prob a little too team orientated at the moment and a spell working on things at Peel isn’t a bad thing.

No change to the back 6.

Emmett had 2 chances 20 metres out to snap like he did last year but chose to dish off to more congestion. Then later running at speed through the middle and clear ground in front of him chose to pass to Frederick??. Should have taken his chances. Looks more of a big bodied mid fielder than a pressure forward. But we have that area covered.

One of the issues we are going to have is the Hub in Adelaide for two weeks, whoever we take won’t be able to press a case at Peel.
Unless he’s a genuine chance to play, can see Simpson staying in Perth to get some game time into him. NOD and Chapman probably in the same boat.
Travelling emergencies likely to be Reidy, Worner and Ras.

It's fair if Emmett is dropped, but I would like to see us persevere with him just a little bit more. He looks like he's just half a second off at all times i50 - whether that's spending it before he has it or taking a moment too long to dispose of it - but he's always so clean in the link up plays further up the ground. You could handball it to his feet and he'd catch it with one hand in full stride and dish it off in the same motion.

Be interesting to see if they'll fly Delean with the squad so he can spend a couple of weeks with family in Adelaide.

I'd also like to see Simpson in Emmett out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back