Changes v Adelaide, 20/5

Remove this Banner Ad

McNeil or Khamis in for ODonnell, then again they have given Arty Jones a lengthy stint and may do the same with ODonnell.

No one in VFL pushing for selection apart from Khamis.

West seems to be going through the motions in VFL, McLean and McComb pretty quiet as well as Hannan.

Big game against the most improved side.

Baring injury either from the game or someone available no change. Team is gelling well.

More midfield time for Flea.

Khamis as a forward a possible inclusion but from the VFL today that is all and we will not be any better than we would with no change and given 2 of his 3 goals have been when the game is over not sure that is knocking down the door

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to say how we will fare against Adelaide. They just spanked St Kilda but that could be partly due to the classic new coach effect fading from this Saints team, but that aside the Crows are still a good side. Have been pretty good since round 3 and I feel their mid and small forwards could get them over the line.

I’d love to see Keath out for a spell. Shame Darcy isn’t up for a run yet but hopefully he’ll be ready for the back end of the year. Thank his for Liam Jones - he’s been epic.

Hard to say how we will fare against Adelaide. They just spanked St Kilda but that could be partly due to the classic new coach effect fading from this Saints team, but that aside the Crows are still a good side. Have been pretty good since round 3 and I feel their mid and small forwards could get them over the line.
I think Adelaide are starting to look like the real deal and will be a genuine threat next week. Could go either way.

I hate ro say this, but Tim obrien was pretty solid in the vfl today as an interceptor.

His disposal/decision making was terrible, but his ability to cut off the attacks was good.

Does he co.e in for Keath?
I don't think so. Keath has redeemed himself a bit over the last few weeks and is part of a pretty settled and coherent defensive unit. I'd be erring on the side of continuity unless he or anyone else plays a game costing shocker.

I hate dropping young players after one game. I think if you commit to them for a game, you really should commit to them for a month or so to find their feet. Arthur Jones is proving a great example of this.

However, I’d be breaking my own rules this week. Just don’t see JOD being able to add value in the role he is in. I don’t like myself for it. He showed some glimpses still.

Out: O’Donnell
In: McNeil
Sub: Anyone really

I guess Buku might be some sort of chance as sub this week as cover forward and back with McSteal likely elevated to the playing 22.

Don't expect we'll see JOD back for a bit. Had his exposure, performed OK and has potential. A solid block of footy in the magoos seems the right way to go.

Baker's gone pretty well this season and looks like a pretty good fit. If there is a threat to his spot down the track it's likely to be VDM, however, VDM is a week to week proposition given his injury history....unfortunately.

TOB makes sense when we play a team without a third or indeed second big tall. He looked good until we had injuries and had to play taller vs Marshall vs Port.

This week against Thilthorpe, Fogarty and Walker isn't it. All three are too big for O'Brien.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back