Preview Changes v Carlton - Rd 5, 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have been nice for Hayes to have 5-10 AFL games under his belt before carrying the entire ruck load. We’re going to have to watch Finlayson and Marshall continue to get slaughtered as second rucks.

Good forward planning Port.

Exactly, we are now going to pay for the selectors' myopic view. It isn't as if this is new territory, we have been down this road before. We now have a player with 0 games carrying our ruck and that is unforgivable. As Geoprge Santayana said, those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. :mad: :mad:

Last edited:

The changes make sense. Worries me that we're gonna eke out a win and get stuck with this garbage coach.

Hopefully Voss is able to effortlessly pick us apart given his insider knowledge, not that our gameplan is particularly hard to figure out.

Have also heard a recent retiree speak very negatively of both Ken and Schofield but glowingly of Voss.

Funny you should say that because a friend of mine is close with one of Port's recent 1st round picks who said the same thing to him about Voss - described Voss as the communication link between Hinkley and the players. Didn't have anything nice to say about Ken.

Hopefully Voss is able to effortlessly pick us apart given his insider knowledge, not that our gameplan is particularly hard to figure out.
"Right boys, to win this game all we have to do is work harderier for longerier than them."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So how is it Lycett's shoulder was passable yesterday but in need of reconstruction today? Did he slip in the shower this morning?

As long as he didn't fall on a lemon 😉

The changes make sense. Worries me that we're gonna eke out a win and get stuck with this garbage coach.

Fairly confident Vossy is on top of the cunning “ kick it as hard as you can to anybody in the forward 50” structure we are rolling with

Explain why you would even suggest this!

Fort has kicked able 11 goals straight for Brisbane over the past few weeks as a fill in for the injured Hipwood. Fort happened to have just kicked a goal for Brisbane as I saw that comment. There’s nothing Fort can do that Hayes can’t do therefore if Fort can be a useful afl footballer Hayes certainly can.

This could go two ways , either they roll out the line that poor Ken cant be judged this yr because of injuries or they are starting to plan for the future.
Koch in Sep 2022: "Yeah, we know Ken had to make finals this year to trigger his contract extension for 2023 but given the horrendous run of injuries we've had it wouldn't be fair to judge him on this year's performance so we've locked him in again for next year. I'm confident that Ken's ability and hunger to achieve with this group will show that this year's 18th place finish was an aberration."

On Jake Neade’s shoulders I’d hope.
iu

Lol ports for the first time in for ever don't announce their changes as early as possible and people gwt annoyed? We should keep the changes to as late as possible all the time

There are not to many coaches that cant throw a spanner into the intrigues of hinkleys mind and systematically dismantle him.
The biggest crime at Alberton is koch continuing to cover for him, what an act of bastardization against everyone players and supporters alike.

Best result is Hayes does well, to show Ken up as an idiot, but still lose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back