Preview Changes v Carlton - Rd 5, 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

If Alir and McKenize are available this week is it a ridiculous idea that one of them (possibly Alir) play as a forward. Both can actually mark a ball in a contest.
Aliir spent about half a season forward at Sydney and he hated it so much he immediately asked for a trade.

Agree. Got injured trying to win a contested ball in the back pocket ... what was he even doing there in the first place.
Because getting up and down the ground is what a hard running winger is supposed to do?

Watch Ed Langdon play. He pops up in defence all the time.

Because getting up and down the ground is what a hard running winger is supposed to do?

Watch Ed Langdon play. He pops up in defence all the time.

Yeah probably not the wingman's role to try win a hard ball against Mitch Robinson in the middle of a giant pack, he should be the guy on the outside waiting for the release.

Yeah probably not the wingman's role to try win a hard ball against Mitch Robinson in the middle of a giant pack, he should be the guy on the outside waiting for the release.
That’s exactly his job under the new 666

get back and support and then gut run out.. Langdon is the prime example.

Aliir spent about half a season forward at Sydney and he hated it so much he immediately asked for a trade.

Since our inside 50 work resembles the current occupation of Ukraine, maybe we should just instruct McKenzie to hang out 65m out and ping 55m bombs at goal. A Dan Houston long bomb is the only way we look like scoring most weeks.

Just have a look at what Bulldogs have done with English. Persisted in playing him every chance they could last few years, even when he was so raw. Now look at him, finally taking that next step and dominating.

I have never seen such a small side picked. Next week the ins MUST include all of Hayes, Finlayson, McKenzie and Aliir (if fit).

The number of times I saw players like Lachie Jones, Burton, DBJ etc standing McDonald, Jackson and Gawn. I don’t think I have ever been so angry at a game as I was this time. No matter what we did, it was over before it even started. You just can’t simply not pick an AFL standard structure, just because the stupid head coach thinks players are out of form. So what if Finlayson was average in the first couple, so was most of the hecking squad. How the hell do you replace McKenzie as a late out with Dumont / Bergman?!

McEntee, Motlop, Mayes and DBJ all need to go out of this team ASAP.

What? 😩

You want a Squib? When it is your time to go, you put your head in the hole.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kinda wish we’d do the right thing by him and let him ride off into the sunset.

Won’t get the premiership he deserved, but would prefer him to preserve as much of his long-term health as possible.

Honestly wtf is this rubbish? Criticising a player for putting head in the hole when it's his turn to go is as un-Port Adelaide as Hinkley.

Jesus Christ. There are actual problems that deserve criticism, and players that consistently put their body on the line, doing just that is not ******* one of them.

To me Ken always has his own internal whipping boys. Remember when Snelling would rack them up in the midfield in the SANFL every week and would never get picked. Or when they did pick him pigeonholed him as a small forward when that wasn’t his absolute strongest role. Now hes suiting up best 22 albeit for a lower placed team in Essendon and is doing more than just ok for them, a blue collar midfielder for them. Also came 3rd in last years BNF for the bombers. Feel like Hayes is getting the same treatment as is Duursma.

Play players in their natural positions

We appreciate your concern but how do you know it is myocarditis? The latest from the Club...

According to the PAFC the heart irregularity has resolved itself but Ollie will be under observation for a few days.
Just what the news here reported on the nightly news mate. Think it was Mitch Cleary on channel 7.

I have no inside info just figured the same had been reported over in SA

What? 😩

You want a Squib? When it is your time to go, you put your head in the hole.

Honestly wtf is this rubbish? Criticising a player for putting head in the hole when it's his turn to go is as un-Port Adelaide as Hinkley.

Jesus Christ. There are actual problems that deserve criticism, and players that consistently put their body on the line, doing just that is not ******* one of them.

Yes that's obviously what I was saying.

I can't believe I have to explain this but the original discussion was around turning Duursma into a ball winning midfielder when his strength is as a hard running wingman. I made a somewhat tongue in cheek reference to the fact that he got injured playing the role of inside ball winner - obviously more generally if it's his turn to go then he goes.

For what it's worth, I'm one of Duursma's biggest fans here. I actually think he is potentially the best of the 2018 draftees and a future captain but we will see.

I can't believe I have to explain this but the original discussion was around turning Duursma into a ball winning midfielder when his strength is as a hard running wingman. I made a somewhat tongue in cheek reference to the fact that he got injured playing the role of inside ball winner - obviously more generally if it's his turn to go then he goes.

For what it's worth, I'm one of Duursma's biggest fans here. I actually think he is potentially the best of the 2018 draftees and a future captain but we will see.
Inside ball winner, gets hurt in a back pocket…

West Coast would have won the flag if Cousins didn’t pin his hamstring on the Half Back Flank at footy park, how dare he be doing Wirapumda’s job.

Think about it, sheet!

We appreciate your concern but how do you know it is myocarditis? The latest from the Club...

According to the PAFC the heart irregularity has resolved itself but Ollie will be under observation for a few days.

The poster you were citing has 60 odd posts in the Coronavirus board, most of which are pretty vaccine hesitant. That should explain the context of the posters assumption.

I have a feeling we'll get done by the Suns this week, and we're still succeptible to when teams get a roll on in attack. We cant capitalise on turn overs like the good sides do, and still turn it over a lot ourselves.

If you blokes can weather the storm (we're a bit of a one trick pony at the moment in that we'll likely come hard for a quarter or so, with a strong contested game from the center, and long bombs to a tall forward line) and capitalize on our turnovers, then you're every chance of winning.

Losing Wines does hurt in that respect. Hope he's well and wish him a speedy recovery. Matt Kruezer went through something similar a few years back.

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. But in the context of so many of us rightfully potting the likes of Rozee for not doing exactly what Duursma always does, it just seemed so out of place.

Not even 3QT and Finlayson has 6 goals for the Magpies.

Straight back in next week.

To be honest I cannot put any blame on our forwards right now under this current structure and coaching.

Yes bring Hayes in and go taller but I'm not going to lose my mind on our forwards struggling Rozee included when it is the worst coached structure in Port Adelaide history.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back