Prediction Changes v Port - Rd 9, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

So English misses another week? 😢
I have to say that I will be really happy/proud of the club if he has another week off. No doubt he is an amazing player and very important to our team. But we are backing ourselves to win anyways and ensuring that we don’t shorten his career. We’ve got another decade to benefit from English if we take care of him.

I'm hearing Luke Darcy and Brad Johnson in and Bont the sub. Disappointing that the club keeps leaking this info but my intel's good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crozier sub doesn’t make sense to me. He’s Mr Reliable.
A lot of stuff changes between Wednesday and game day, especially with a couple of fitness tests still to come today, it was just mentioned that it's a possibility.

A lot of stuff changes between Wednesday and game day, especially with a couple of fitness tests still to come today, it was just mentioned that it's a possibility.

What’s your understanding re English’s status?

As an aside is it beneficial to give the opposition a leg up by posting authentic changes days in advance? Just pondering aloud. Unless the footy industry is all in the know and clubs are aware of opposition changes well in advance too ….

Don’t get me wrong, I like the inside info. Just don’t want another Michael Talia situation to derail our great start to the season.
What’s your understanding re English’s status?

As an aside is it beneficial to give the opposition a leg up by posting authentic changes days in advance? Just pondering aloud. Unless the footy industry is all in the know and clubs are aware of opposition changes well in advance too ….

Don’t complain and then expect to have a chat about said post.

Fair dinkum it annoys me that a poster gives good info and gets chipped at for doing it. Stop being such bloody worry warts.

Don’t complain and then expect to have a chat about said post.

Fair dinkum it annoys me that a poster gives good info and gets chipped at for doing it. Stop being such bloody worry warts.

I'm not going to take a stance on whether he should or shouldn't post his info because I don't really care to be honest. But let's not pretend that it's not a valid concern that match selection information is leaking from the club. There's a reason that Bevo holds back match selection info during his pressers even when the teams will be named that night.

Clubs have been leaking selection info since the 1850s. Nothing unusual here!

As the great Ron Barrasi once said, loose lips sink ships 🚢! 😂

Why don’t we set up a PM link so it’s not in the public space.

It did concern me that the Scott West comments on Facebook made it to the media, I have no doubt at all with the competitive nature of AFL journalism that these boards are regularly scrutinised, and as we know the media doesn’t care if it is just a rumour they will still run with it.

I think posters should look at some if the Richmonds small forwards stats in their premiership years, just over a goal a game, barely double digit statistics, but their pressure acts are through the roof. It has been a formula that has won them 3 of the last 4 so I am not sure of the validity of a pure disposal count when assessing the modern version of a small forward
Yes ..... but I assume the Richmond figures you refer to were obtained in the ones. My point is I don’t equate single digit performance in the twos as the same. I hope the boy, if he is selected goes well.

I have to say that I will be really happy/proud of the club if he has another week off. No doubt he is an amazing player and very important to our team. But we are backing ourselves to win anyways and ensuring that we don’t shorten his career. We’ve got another decade to benefit from English if we take care of him.

Yes, I agree, yet it so hard with concussion to know when someone is right. I was knocked out cold for a few minutes in my early 20's. Vomited non-stop for days, couldn't lie down without my head spinning for months. Finally went for a head scan when returned to Australia, 4 months later and had bruising on the brain which would heel naturally in time. Took about another 2 months for symptoms to stop, so a total of 6 months. Could I have played sport after 3 months, likely. Would playing sport after the first knock have effected me. Unlikely unless I got a second knock and there lies the issue. I don't think there is an easy answer.

English should be given another week off in my view. We absolutely need 2 rucks against the Saints (due to their regular destruction of our ruck stocks) and Sweet should be able to manage one of Ladhams/Hayes.

Crozier as med sub would be a very strange call. 2nd half was excellent against the blues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back