Unofficial Preview Changes v Swans @ Gabba Round 14 blockbuster.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Outs- Hugh McCluggage, Jack Gunston, Daniel Rich, Jaxon Prior.

Ins- Dayne Zorko, Keidean Coleman, Callum Ah Chee, Darcy Fort.

We need another big option down the line with the way we play the game.

Bailey and Berry need to be far more consistent, on notice IMO.

Gunston and Rich >>
Itstimegough.jpg

Outs- Hugh McCluggage, Jack Gunston, Daniel Rich, Jaxon Prior.

Ins- Dayne Zorko, Keidean Coleman, Callum Ah Chee, Darcy Fort.

We need another big option down the line with the way we play the game.

Bailey and Berry need to be far more consistent, on notice IMO.

Gunston and Rich >>
Itstimegough.jpg

Would seem like the obvious changes. We'll see what happens

In Fort Coleman Zorko Ah Chee Lohmann
Out Gunston Rich McCluggage Prior Berry

Bailey can go back to the forward line full time. Play Rayner in the middle a bit more.
I'd be for that, unfortunately in the pre game chat Fages was lauding how fantastic Gunston has been... I am sure he will get a Milligan this week, can not see Berry being dropped, yet anyway.

Sydney has a lot of injuries otherwise this could have been another massive danger game but nothing would surprise me, they caught the cats on the hop.

If Fagan thinks Gunston is adding something to the forward mix, he’s on a river in Egypt. Must go.

Rich was like a statue a couple of times today couldn’t get above a trot.

Berry better but still looks like he is struggling with reaction time.

Prior unfortunately had a shocker but maybe he should be given a further chance to see if he has a future. That’s where we are at the moment. On the other hand, not against seeing what Fletcher has to offer after a solid run of VFL games.

Hugh was great before injured. Really hope DevRobbo keeps his spot

Ah Chee, Fort, Zorko and Kiddy all to be considered for a call up.

Lester has to come in for Gardiner. At the game today Gardiner again showed he has zero composure and has limited skill when the ball is on the deck

I actually liked a lot of what Gardiner did.

But keep kiddy, being on Lester prior and Rich out

McCarthy out for mine.
Hipwood will now have two games doing very little.
Gunston should be Gone/ston
Cannot have half the forward line not getting a kick.
What’s wrong with Bailey?
Raynor is usually a mouse that becomes a mighty mouse occasionally
Only Charlie and Joe of our forwards can will the hard ball

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hipwood kicked 4 goals and took 8 marks?
That’s right but look at his season and you will see he is very inconsistant. One good game Three where he is rarely sighted.
That was my point.
Hippy is the cream on the top, not a week in week out dominant forward I hoped he would be.

Fort ,Ah Chee and Zorko will all give a 100% effort and are automatic ins.

I'm not going to mind read the selectors but if Gunston gets another game I think I'll have to pack it in for a while.

Prior isn't up to the level. Rich looked done with ice on his shin. Clug has to miss , knocked out cold.

That leaves someone else to come in . I guess Kiddy is the best of those available.

It is time so Rich and Gunston managed, out of respect.

Payne and Gardner look solid down back.

Sharp back in. We played like we had no wings out there today.

Wouldnt mind another look at Tunstill when the opportunity arises.

That’s right but look at his season and you will see he is very inconsistant. One good game Three where he is rarely sighted.
That was my point.
Hippy is the cream on the top, not a week in week out dominant forward I hoped he would be.

He is who he is. You can’t question his effort. Dominant key forwards are few and far between.

Looking at his stats while he’s not having a great year he probably gets a pass.

● Ranked 9th in Marks Inside 50 Per Game
● Ranked 11th in Goal Assists Per Game
● Ranked 5th in Total Goal Assists
● Ranked 8th in Total Marks Inside 50

Daniher has reverted to not rucking when he's meant to be rucking.

0 hit outs in 3 weeks

We need a second ruckman
The other teams have worked him out and not letting him get the free clearances by sitting the contest out that he was getting earlier in the year.

It was probably fantasy to think the good teams would let us get away with that once we got forensically analysed.

The other teams have worked him out and not letting him get the free clearances by sitting the contest out that he was getting earlier in the year.

It was probably fantasy to think the good teams would let us get away with that once we got forensically analysed.
It worked to get him in the game a few times but he's never been good enough to do it for long. Now I reckon teams have figured him out and now he is tired from being up the ground. His forward work has dropped way off.

Need Fort or Fullerton in for Gunston. Both are better contested marks and can take on the second ruck work

It worked to get him in the game a few times but he's never been good enough to do it for long. Now I reckon teams have figured him out and now he is tired from being up the ground. His forward work has dropped way off.

Need Fort or Fullerton in for Gunston. Both are better contested marks and can take on the second ruck work
Surely Fort comes in.

If Gunston gets picked again then I've got no confidence at all we'll get anywhere this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back