Preview Changes Vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

DueWest

Team Captain
Jul 31, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Does Lobb keep his spot against his old side ? Not sure if he hurt himself late either.

Out
Bruce injured
Hannan never to be seen again
A. Jones, not impacting enough yet, maybe sub

In
Gardiner, they will prob rest Keath another week
McLean, give him a full game for continuity
Buku

Does Lobb keep his spot against his old side ? Not sure if he hurt himself late either.

Out
Bruce injured
Hannan never to be seen again
A. Jones, not impacting enough yet, maybe sub

In
Gardiner, they will prob rest Keath another week
McLean, give him a full game for continuity
Buku
Hope not. He is due for his 1 good game every six and he might be motivated to kick a few on 1 of his old sides.
And when he is on he is a weapon.

Hope not. He is due for his 1 good game every six and he might be motivated to kick a few on 1 of his old sides.
And when he is on he is a weapon.
Yeah lucky you got rid of him, the Jackson trade has been a roaring success and Freo are making scoring look incredibly easy without him…

Arty Jones is in for his defensive pressure and he had high pressure points and tackles yesterday. He stays. The rest will happen for him in time.

OUT: Bruce (injured)
IN: Khamis

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

3 games as a small forward and yet to kick a goal ?

He has a future and moves alright but isn’t ready yet

3 games as a small forward and yet to kick a goal ?

He has a future and moves alright but isn’t ready yet
Who are you replacing him with? He’s playing a pressure role that we need with our other forwards. He’s not kicking goals but applying pressure at a high level.

I’d much rather pump games into Jones than the other options at that role, which is pretty non-existent on the rest of our list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the club wanted to try him out We have young Charlie Clarke
He’s not ready either, I’m a big fan but he’s kicked what 1 goal in 3 VFL games? He’ll get there but he hasn’t banged down the door to push AJ out is my point, so if AJ is dropped it likely means we’re going back to McComb so his output has to be compared to who we’d bring in

Did we work out who the other players in the travelling 25 were? I imagine Buku and Sweet.

Gardner and/or Keath probably get the flight over as well to cover Bruce but don't see many changes to the the 22. I'd rather West or McNeil to Hannan so hopefully one of them are travelling.

Think Arty gets another week as he still tries to find his feet at this level. Another really quiet one and it might be a little stint in the VFL to work on some deficiencies and come back in later in the season. Shows enough signs that he has a future in the league but is still probably a little way away.

Did we work out who the other players in the travelling 25 were? I imagine Buku and Sweet.

Gardner and/or Keath probably get the flight over as well to cover Bruce but don't see many changes to the the 22. I'd rather West or McNeil to Hannan so hopefully one of them are travelling.

Think Arty gets another week as he still tries to find his feet at this level. Another really quiet one and it might be a little stint in the VFL to work on some deficiencies and come back in later in the season. Shows enough signs that he has a future in the league but is still probably a little way away.
McLean, McNeil & Buku in addition to the 22.

No to dropping Arty Jones. He has the ability, just looks like a player that doesn't fully believe he belongs at the level yet. We have no other small forwards on our list that would bring more than him currently anyway.

In: Gardner, McNeil, Khamis, Garcia
Out: Bruce (inj), Hannan, McLean

I think we should try playing Khamis as a medium forward, in combination with the three talls. He basically replaces Hannan.

Bring in McNeil for extra speed and pressure. We need to stop bringing in on-ballers to play roles that isn't on-baller.

Gardner swap with Bruce. Give Keath an extra week off.

Line-up something like:

Dureya Jones Richards
Dale Gardner Obrien

Baker Treloar Williams
English Bont Libba

Khamis JUH Arty Jones
Weightman Naughton Lobb

JJ Macrae McNeil Scott Garcia(sub)

Agree A Jones isn't ready either, but feel like he'll stay in the side being a WA boy playing in WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back