Prediction Changes Vs Norf round 20, the Harley Reid cup

Remove this Banner Ad

I just wonder what our super fun happy secret late outs will be. Allen and Kelly are the obvious candidates.

I know they don't always play as named but......
7u3iel.jpg

Greg Clark with 37 but can’t get a game in this midfield during an injury crisis?

Wouldn’t mind hearing more on this from our elite midfield and stoppage coaches (Schofield & Knights).
We only play him on the wing in the AFL side where his size and strength are wasted anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After all the ink he has spilled slagging us off as the worst team ever Baratt is tipping us to beat North tomorrow.

I reckon that is a combination of a) he wants us to win and possibly end up forfeiting the Number 1 pick if we win another game after that, and b) he knows or greatly suspects that we will be trying to win the game (or the people running our club will want us to win to save their jobs) wheras North will be perfectly happy to lose.

Not only do North get the Number pick if they somehow manage to win the spoon from here (starting with losing tomorrow), they will give cover to the AFL to give them more assistance/PP's/access to academy players by doing so. It will be very hard for the AFL to help them and not us if we finish below them, much easier if they win the spoon. And i think if the AFL could get away with it without looking totally biased and showing blatant double standard they would like to help North again (and not us). And we know that North are currently lobbying for and trying to get more handouts (as opposed to our club which is worried about how it looks or reflects on them and whether it would undermine their argument that everything is fine if they ask for assistance).

Last edited:
After all the ink he has spilled slagging us off as the worst team ever Baratt is tipping us to beat North tomorrow.

I reckon that is a combination of a) he wants us to win and possibly end up forfeiting the Number 1 pick if we win another game after that, and b) he knows or greatly suspects that we will be trying to win the game (or the people running our club will want us to win to save their jobs) wheras North will be perfectly happy to lose.

Not only do North get the Number pick if they somehow manage to win the spoon from here (starting with losing tomorrow), they will give cover to the AFL to give them more assistance/PP's/access to academy players by doing so. It will be very hard for the AFL to help them and not us if we finish below them, much easier if they win the spoon. And i think if the AFL could get away with it without looking totally biased and showing blatant double standard they would like to help North again (and not us). And we know that North are currently lobbying for and trying to get more handouts (as opposed to our club which is worried about how it looks or reflects on them and whether it would undermine their argument that everything is fine if they ask for assistance).
Bold of you to think we're a chance.

Barrett's repeatedly stated he doesn't think North should receive any assistance, or any club in the future.

Also, even if WCE did win, where do you possibly think they'd win another game/make up 20%?

Simmo's comments about 'planning to win' were interesting, considering he also mentioned development into the younger players is more important than wins currently.

Expect some shenanigans if we look like winning, a la North in their close losses.

Greg Clark with 37 but can’t get a game in this midfield during an injury crisis?

Wouldn’t mind hearing more on this from our elite midfield and stoppage coaches (Schofield & Knights).
Wonder.if.schofields coaching cred will take a hit.

Nothing has changed since he has been with us.

I dont rate knights at all.

Expect some shenanigans if we look like winning, a la North in their close losses.
The way the club is run at the moment I reckon if we tried tanking, we'd probably start winning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back