Prediction Changes Vs Norf round 20, the Harley Reid cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Outs: Shuey(inj), SPS(susp), Bazzo, Sheed, O'Neill (sub)
Ins: Yeo, McGovern, Barrass, Clark, Trew (sub)

Bazzo to go back to the WAFL and get some form back up.

Sheed to be given the rocket he needs, like Gaff was

Trew and Clark last chance saloon to see if they get a deal for next season

Clark finally got to play in the middle today albeit in the twos. Can't wait for him to get another chance in the ones only to be put on a wing

Screen Shot 2023-07-22 at 6.46.35 pm.png

Out: Shuey, Jilliams (curse), SPS (suspended), Bazzo, Sheed (to sub), O’Neill (from sub)

In: Yeo, Barrass, McGovern, Jamieson, Clark

Backs: Barrass, McGovern, Hurn, Duggan/Yeo, Witherden, Cole, Hough
Mids: Kelly, Yeo/Duggan, Hewett, Clark, Hunt, Chesser
Rucks: Williams, Jamieson
Forwards: Allen, Darling, Maric, Petch, Long, Cripps, Gaff
Sub: Sheed
Emergencies: Bazzo, O’Neill, Trew

Sheed to get the “reset” treatment that seemed to work for Gaff two weeks ago.

I’d prefer to bring Yeo back through the reserves but they’ve got a bye.

Bazzo didn’t look ready to play today, needs a spell. No room for him if Barrass and Gov are both back anyway.

Clark in if they’re going to play him in the guts. We’ve got enough wingers, we need someone who can win a frikken clearance.

Williams seemed to get hurt late in the game, think he came back on but don’t risk him, give Jamieson another shot.

Not bad - I’d prefer to go with Winder ahead of Trew or Clark.

Methinks their cards have already been marked and I’d give Winder a few weeks to see if his cards need to be marked too or, if, he is worthy of a spot.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not bad - I’d prefer to go with Winder ahead of Trew or Clark.

Methinks their cards have already been marked and I’d give Winder a few weeks to see if his cards need to be marked too or, if, he is worthy of a spot.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Think all 3 are marked tbh

Might as well give them all a last hurrah

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out Shuey SPS Sheed O'Neil Jilliams Bazzo
In Gov Barass Winder Jamieson Yeo/Clark

Id like to see Sheed gone for good but he will prolly be the sub

I think Sheed in the future needs to be deployed on a half forward flank that pushes up for stoppages. It has been noted that his strength lies in getting stoppage clearances, whilst his center square stoppages are not particularly strong. He does not require as much defensive responsibilities there which has been a weak point for him, and he has the ability to have scoreboard impact if deployed closer to goals. For now dropping to a sub role may be best, however.

In: Gov, Barrass, Jamieson, Yeo (if fit) or Clark
Out: Shuey (inj), SPS (susp), J Williams (rest), Bazzo (rest)
If TB is still out, then I'd retain Bazzo. Another option is Jamo in defence while Jack Williams stays in.

OUT - Sheed (piss off), Shuey, SPS, Bazzo, XON (sub)

IN - Trew, Clark, Barrass, McGovern, Yeo (sub)

Whilst they're likely going to get axed, i'm all about rewarding WAFL form. Trew most definitely deserves it, he's put in a shift at the Beagles most weeks. Clark was also just BOG for them so there's that.

Sheed can piss off and learn a thing or two about accountability and earning your place in an AFL team.... you know, like how other AFL clubs do it.

This is once again, a perfect opportunity for Simpson to give the fans, and media what they actually want, which is for him to do something at the selection table and drop senior players that deserves it. He was ever so close with Gaff and that appears to have snapped him out of it. Now it's Sheeds turn.

18 touches, only 4 contested, 0 tackles, 1 clearance for Sheed this week against a weak Carlton midfield. It's time.

Clark is not an AFL level player. No point in playing him. Another of those guys too good for WAFL but not quite there for AFL.
He's not a best 22 player but he's good enough as a depth player imo. You can't just have the best 22 and then 20 developing youngsters, you need some mature bodied depth players. I hope we retain him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back