FTA-TV Channel 7 GF Coverage bitch thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Channel 7s Coverage

I didn't think they covered the boundary very well today to check on injured players especially, before half time with Richo and Watson seemingly having a queit day? Maybe it was me.

Also, am getting disappointed with the commentary. Bruce and especially Dennis sound a little too smug and ho hum at times. Not looking for exaggerated drama in the call but they seem too laid back at times and like to engage in their own little banter.

The overall coverage seemed a couple of steps behind play for the entire game.

Oh yeah, don't like the celebrity watch either.

Re: Channel 7

I think I would have rather have heard INX$ do the national anthem than those two dweebs, holy christ, and INX$ sounded even older than they are.

I hope Hamish McLachlan (the most irritating person based on his name alone) is double-booked next Saturday. Can't stand his smarminess.

Re: Channel 7s Coverage

Reason for the slightly different camera "take" on the game is because it was filmed for 3-D in mind

Closer action shots was their aim, that is why at times they weren't quick enough to pan out from in close

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Channel 7

From what I recall 7's 2008 GF coverage was better than this, they are declining fast into mediocrity. The skycam was ridiculous. It was in crappy SD quality and they would constantly go to it. They didn't build the game up enough either. :thumbsdown:

Yep the first half it didnt even seem like it was a grand final. The call was so flat and boring.

Did anybody else notice that channel 7 cut to Mick Malthouse at least 20-30 times throughout general play but only panned to Lyon maybe 5 times for the match?

Eddie got a fair run as well.:thumbsdown:

Who greenlighted the segment for AFL Gameday where a reporter and camera crew were responsible for basically standing next to Joffa all day and getting his reactions at various stages of the game? S**t like that just about makes me lose my faith in mankind. I hold no ill-will towards Joffa, but seriously: who gives a flying f**k what he thinks? And if I was Joffa, I'd want to belt this bloke next to me while I'm on the edge of my seat, he's saying things like "How's the ticker now, mate?"

I guess this is all part of Joffa's quest to be a celebrity. God help us all.

Bruce and Denis are difficult to handle these days - there is a jaded smugness about their calling. They also struggled to identify some of the players.

Little things in the last quarter also just revealed that Bruce especially wants to be more of a storyteller than a commentator. Leon Davis nails a dramatic goal after being in Siberia all day. What do we get? "Well, this would be ironic." Seriously, that was his call ... all he had to say.

Once a great caller, but he's lost it. Just before Davis' goal, Swan had burst forward and it led to a one-on-one 15 metres from goal. Bruce, Mr Accuracy, went with "... Er, well done! ...." (awkward silence). In the end, Tom Harley had to jump in to explain that Sean Dempster had won a free kick from Didak.

Just heard that 7 won't be broadcasting in 3D next week.

Yeah, they can't. Panasonic can't afford to pay for 2 consecutive weeks of coverage and the cameras and GlobalTV crew are already booked to do the NRL Grand Final on Sunday.

Those are exactly the things I am talking about. They didn't commentate like a grand final, they never even produced it like a grand final. Have a look at other major sporting finals around the world, and see how the enthusiasm and the production values go up a notch. Not here. Rubbish from channel seven, and it will be more of the same next week.

They should watch their footy flashbacks more often. Back in the 90's, they actually cared about the game. Bruce and Dennis actually had fire, the coverage was top notch in relation to the available technology back in the day.

Now the passion is gone, and it's all about $$$.

Despite some mediocre commentators of their own, ten commentate and produce a grand final in the way it should be produced and not like a Sunday afternoon yawnfest between Melbourne and Fremantle.

Great comment on SEN: "Eric Bana was on the screen more than Leon Davis" :)

:thumbsu::D

As much as he is a tool, I felt sorry for Joffa having the 7 reporter and camera in front of him all day. If they lost, he probably would have got belted. Let people have thier own emotions and watch from afar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back