Opinion Chappys book

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would have thought you'd place the full responsibility on CS for what was a collegiate decision. Attempt at humour notwithstanding. Some things just never change.

Definitely not full responsibility. Like all things, some influence but no more. There's plenty of blame to go around for that particular debacle.

So sharp he thought his local pizza shop was a drive-thru,so he did ?
It wasn't a drive-thru.

The alleged silliness was he knew he'd perhaps imbibed a tad too heavily so caught a taxi home from the function he attended. Then got a touch of the munchies and decided to slip down to the local pizza in the the car. Just overshot a tad. :)

Top bloke it must be said.

So sharp he thought his local pizza shop was a drive-thru,so he did ?
It wasn't a drive-thru.
Everyone makes a mistake.
Some make 57,000 of them .

Who would have thought you'd place the full responsibility on CS for what was a collegiate decision. Attempt at humour notwithstanding. Some things just never change.
Yeah like low altitude flyers taking cheap pot shots at peoples posts.

Yeah like low altitude flyers taking cheap pot shots at peoples posts.

You being the major low altitude flyer on the board your post is of interest.

It probably passed your notice as you were crap crop dusting that Partridge graciously acknowledged the point I made.:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Champion player - sullied his career a bit by going to Essendon

I hope he is brutually honest on a couple of topics - namely

(1 ) Re the trip to Bali - Tim McGrath - said on open Mike - the players ( thank goodness) all stayed in their Hotel that night - they didnt go out - because " Paul Chapman wasnt quite right" - and they stayed in to support Chapman - McGrath wouldnt elaborate on that - your going to write and cash in on a book then hopefully he tells the truth

(2) The bitter/sweet 2008 GF defeat - and the 11 glorious straight wins that followed - i hope he gives his opinion on why Geelong lost the GF - and he has been credited with - we will never those to that team again - was that a myth - or what did he do or say

I've yet to have met anyone who's demanded respect and got any off anyone.

You get respect when you agree with other people, and don't rock the boat. Otherwise, I would be the most respected person on this board.

You respect what Paul Chapman says because you like him. If someone you didn't like said the exact same thing, you would disagree with them.

Champion player - sullied his career a bit by going to Essendon

I hope he is brutually honest on a couple of topics - namely

(1 ) Re the trip to Bali - Tim McGrath - said on open Mike - the players ( thank goodness) all stayed in their Hotel that night - they didnt go out - because " Paul Chapman wasnt quite right" - and they stayed in to support Chapman - McGrath wouldnt elaborate on that - your going to write and cash in on a book then hopefully he tells the truth

(2) The bitter/sweet 2008 GF defeat - and the 11 glorious straight wins that followed - i hope he gives his opinion on why Geelong lost the GF - and he has been credited with - we will never those to that team again - was that a myth - or what did he do or say

On Tim McGrath saying that Chapman wasn't "right" that night.

I read in the paper that apparently, that night was the one year anniversary of Paul Chapman's brother dying in a car accident. As such, Chappy was a little upset, since he was close to his brother, and didn't feel like going out, so his teammates stayed back at the hotel to support him.

Also, the article said that the original plan was for the club to go to a nightclub that night- the Sari Club. Of course, that night the club was blown up in the Bali Bombings.

I remember thinking that, in one way, by Chappy's brother dying one year earlier, it actually saved the lives of not only Paul Chapman, but all his teammates as well, since they would have been at the Sari Club otherwise. So, if not for his brother's death one year earlier, it might have been Paul Chapman and co who died one year later instead. Eerie.

TBH, a HMac "tell all" would probably be contained in one page.

Now, Stevie J's story could be interesting.

HMac's "tell all" is actually a diary of his time at Geelong.

Injured
Injured
Injured
Injured
Injured
Finally played a game, got injured.
Injured
Injured
Injured
Injured
Made a comeback, lasted one quarter, injured again.
Injured
Injured

Apparently, he is being sued for plagirism by Daniel Menzel, Nathan Vardy and Josh Cowan.

You get respect when you agree with other people
I don't think so, you need to read George Orwell's last ever piece, before he died, on Winston Churchill. Orwell vehemently disagreed with much of Churchill's politics but if you read the essay it'd be impossible to come away from it thinking Orwell didn't have anything but a deep respect for Churchill.

Last edited:
I might buy this one.
I don't tend to like the "autobiography" of players, they tend to be pretty badly written (Scarletts book is horrendous, written very much how he speaks, 5 word sentences and very short on detail), but this might be an interesting read.
I wonder if he really opens up about why he went to the bombers, so far the truth hasn't come out, wonder if he will admit it or not.

I might buy this one.
I don't tend to like the "autobiography" of players, they tend to be pretty badly written (Scarletts book is horrendous, written very much how he speaks, 5 word sentences and very short on detail), but this might be an interesting read.
I wonder if he really opens up about why he went to the bombers, so far the truth hasn't come out, wonder if he will admit it or not.
Doesn't matter if he says anything about it or not- we'll just make up our own version and believe that instead. ;)

I've yet to have met anyone who's demanded respect and got any off anyone.
Well said. It is something that people earn through their actions rather than something that people receive through their demands.

The saying that "I don't want to be liked, but I want to be respected" makes me sick. It's a cop out for saying that you're a s**t bloke and that nobody likes you.

Well said. It is something that people earn through their actions rather than something that people receive through their demands.

The saying that "I don't want to be liked, but I want to be respected" makes me sick. It's a cop out for saying that you're a s**t bloke and that nobody likes you.
I agree completely! I think courage, honesty, and humanity is what earns you respect in this life.

I don't think so, you need to read George Orwell's last ever piece, before he died, on Winston Churchill. Orwell vehemently disagreed with much of Churchill's politics but if you read the essay it'd be impossible to come away from it thinking Orwell didn't have anything but a deep respect for Churchill.
Actually,it's a literary review of Churchill's memoirs rather than an essay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back