Universal Love Charlie Cameron

Remove this Banner Ad

And people want to pretend that Charlie left us for anything but money, and that we couldn't retain him.

Don't get me wrong, it's very understandable why we balked considering that we had Betts which forced Charlie into being a defensive forward and that we were expected to contend until 2020-2021, but that one was completely on us.

Ohhh. after way too much booze this is gonna kill me...

Charlie, I love your skills... from too many years ago I saw you do a zig-zag at full speed and thought you were potentially another McLeod...

I could see all of that, that genuinely rare speed that makes Danger look like a plodder... I can also see what you said about being a dedicated forward like your mentor Eddie and not being shifted into the midfield like some (your Coach, and me ultimately like some others who thought you were another Bungi) wanted, that's ok. I could see really your reasons as to why you would pack up and bolt to somewhere else...

Now I hear your agent is unhappy with the (very generous) $$$ from Brisbane. Make up your mind dude, do you want to be part of a side that is very close to part of a Premiership, or do you want to be a mercenary who is no better than Tippett? Your decision.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloke is a me me me personality, exactly what we do not want at the crows. We have had that culture for way too long. Would not have him back.
100% This, yes the guy can play and is quick as hell but also an absolute douchebag who has so many tickets on himself, the way he was all me me me on the weekend was embarrasing for him, sitting where we were we could just see how much he wanted the limelight, even when he took that good mark, it was all about himself, he just stopped to say, hey i'm the best. Was laughing and carrying on whole game with whoever he was standing on acting like a clown.

The guy is the least trustworthy agent going, the way everyone bought his reasons for McGovern leaving (despite requesting move pre-camp) was sickening.
Mate what are you talking about. Barrett confirmed it was 100% the camp. His word has to be true....

I get that players want to move for money. I can deal wth that. I do have a problem when homesickness is the claimed reason. That gets my bowels angrily groaning

Bloke is a me me me personality, exactly what we do not want at the crows. We have had that culture for way too long. Would not have him back.

I'd love him back. Easily the best small forward in the game and will be for the foreseeable future. However, what you say is true. I remember an interview he had in 2018/19 about why he left and a big reason was that he felt lost in the stacked forwardline at Adelaide with stars like Tex, Betts... then Jenkins, Shooter, and he wanted to make a name for himself.

What he obviously missed was that he wasn't lost in that forwardline at all. He was an integral part of arguably one of the best forward lines of the modern era. Such a shame we only got a couple years of it instead of a dynasty :(

I'd love him back. Easily the best small forward in the game and will be for the foreseeable future. However, what you say is true. I remember an interview he had in 2018/19 about why he left and a big reason was that he felt lost in the stacked forwardline at Adelaide with stars like Tex, Betts... then Jenkins, Shooter, and he wanted to make a name for himself.

What he obviously missed was that he wasn't lost in that forwardline at all. He was an integral part of arguably one of the best forward lines of the modern era. Such a shame we only got a couple years of it instead of a dynasty :(

If your goal is to make a name of himself as Cameron in that forward line, unfortunately, the only decision you have is to move on. After all, it's not like you're needed for your offensive prowess.

Especially if you did not think Betts was at the end, which come the end of 2017, you'd be forgiven to not think about.

So rather than fight for a spot he sulked for half a season, then took his ball and went "home".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back