cheating stuffs up games in local footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you read what I said?

Umpires don't cheat.

Umpires are out there to do an important job but yet there are idiots who think that they cheat.

Calling somebody a cheat is the lowest you can go. It's a low act if you think and go and call ANYONE who umpires footy a cheat.

If you or anyone else thinks that umpires are cheats, grab a whistle and umpire games of footy yourself.

Put yourself in the shoes of an umpire. As an umpire I don't need to be called a cheat by w***ers in the crowd who have been on the piss all day long.

In fact if a player calls an umpire a cheat, they get reported and will get weeks for it. They are also told to umpire games of footy.
I can tell you we don't get abused from those who have been reported and suspended for going around calling an umpire a cheat.

Scotty, I know you umpire games of footy. But yet you are calling those who volunteer their time to umpire games of footy cheats..... Poor form from you.

I never call club umpires or volunteer umpires "cheats". Why? It's a disgraceful low act to do so.

Fully agreed. Club umpires may not do the best job, but they dont cheat. It is the lowest thing you can call an ump.

It's the easiest excuse to use as well, especially when it's you who doesn't agree with what's going on...

You are accusing people who umpire of cheating.

It's either you with a disgraceful attitude that needs to go or simply you don't understand what the rules are.

I know for a fact I don't cheat. Never have, never will. I also know that branding somebody a cheat is a disgraceful thing to say.

So get off your high horse and stop being so stubborn and go and learn the rules and learn how to umpire.

Some spectators are the scum of the earth when they make comments about the umpires.
They are also the people that brand the umpires as cheats.

I prefer to promote umpiring rather than promoting idiots to go around branding people cheats.

If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it all.

SO don't go branding people cheats. It only makes you look like a goose.

What happens if you decide to call a junior field umpire a cheat? You will lose that future senior umpire all because people like you go and brand a junior a cheat.

Stop being so naive! I know the importance of officials at any level. That was never in question. What I'm trying to say is that i've been apart of many clubs, and i've seen people cheat. I've also had conversations with people where they admit it.

I'm not saying the umpires that are out there aren't important. Nor am i branding all of them cheats. I'm just saying it happens, and saying that it doesn't is naive. I never called you a cheat. Don't get so bloody defensive. I've never seen you umpire, nor talked to you, so how would i know.

All people aren't the same. I'm glad you think every single umpire in the land has never cheated. Do you also think that every police officer that has ever been on the job has never been corrupt? I'm not saying all of them are, and I'm not saying the majority, but there have been some that have and I'm not stupid enough to believe every single cop is doing the right thin. I'm glad you have a optimistic view of things, but life isn't like that.

Don't tell me to learn the rules. That's a very weak argument. I know the rules, i've umpired for nearly 10 years now, and played the game for double that. I'm well aware of the rules. Don't tell someone else to go learn the rules when you have no idea of who i am, or have never seen me umpire. You say I'm the one on the high horse????

I don't have a disgraceful attitude, nor do i not know the rules. I've been involved with some very very good umpires. One of which is now umpiring at AFL level, so i generally have a very good attitude towards umpires. I think they do a very bloody unrewarding job with very little praise. But that doesn't take away from the fact that we are human and there are people out there who won't always do the right thing.

Stop being so naive! I know the importance of officials at any level. That was never in question. What I'm trying to say is that i've been apart of many clubs, and i've seen people cheat. I've also had conversations with people where they admit it.

I'm not saying the umpires that are out there aren't important. Nor am i branding all of them cheats. I'm just saying it happens, and saying that it doesn't is naive. I never called you a cheat. Don't get so bloody defensive. I've never seen you umpire, nor talked to you, so how would i know.

All people aren't the same. I'm glad you think every single umpire in the land has never cheated. Do you also think that every police officer that has ever been on the job has never been corrupt? I'm not saying all of them are, and I'm not saying the majority, but there have been some that have and I'm not stupid enough to believe every single cop is doing the right thin. I'm glad you have a optimistic view of things, but life isn't like that.

Don't tell me to learn the rules. That's a very weak argument. I know the rules, i've umpired for nearly 10 years now, and played the game for double that. I'm well aware of the rules. Don't tell someone else to go learn the rules when you have no idea of who i am, or have never seen me umpire. You say I'm the one on the high horse????

I don't have a disgraceful attitude, nor do i not know the rules. I've been involved with some very very good umpires. One of which is now umpiring at AFL level, so i generally have a very good attitude towards umpires. I think they do a very bloody unrewarding job with very little praise. But that doesn't take away from the fact that we are human and there are people out there who won't always do the right thing.
Very good post.:thumbsu:

That's not cheating.

If anything he's trying to protect him. Something that's ok to do.

Anyway you have a look at the rule book which I have provided a link to.
http://www.afl.com.au/portals/0/afl_docs/development/afl_explained/laws_of_football_2009.pdf

Anyway if the guy is having a set shot at goal nobody can come anywhere near the players.

If anyone cheats that means that they are deliberately doing the wrong things. It doesn't mean that they are just plain shithouse all because you think that they are.

If anyone cheats that means that they are deliberately doing the wrong things. It doesn't mean that they are just plain shithouse all because you think that they are.
There is a big difference between someone who is clearly incompetent and out of their depth, but at least having a go...and someone who is cheating.
I don't think you are comprehending what most people in the thread are saying.

Are the majority of umpires cheating? NO

Has an umpire ever cheated in the history of footy? Probably

Are these umpires in the minority, and probably umpiring in lesser leagues? Yes, most likely.

No one is making sweeping generalisations such as all umpires are cheats. Maybe you should go outside and get some fresh air or at least learn to read and comprehend, and then put some thought into your posts before you hit the Submit Reply button.

Where do you get off having this smug, pig-headed attitude?
lol look at your own attitude. You umpire footy but yet you are getting stuck into me when really if you had a look at the situation, you would really be agreeing with me.

But instead you are horrible. You go about branding umpires who stuff up cheats. :thumbsdown:

That's not true and you know it. You're a known cheat in your league, that's why you've never been promoted to the AFL. I may have only umpired 2 games in the AFL, but that's 2 more than you ever will. :)
What a crock of s**t.

I dare you to bring that up with my general manager at the BFUA along with my coach.

They will tell you to piss off and to stop abusing the umpires.

Goal umpires deserve the abuse they get half the time. I've seen them provoking the crowd all the time by getting decisions wrong on purpose.

What a crock of s**t.

I dare you to bring that up with my general manager at the BFUA along with my coach.

They will tell you to piss off and to stop abusing the umpires.

Why is it you get mostly reserve and underage games?
Word has it you were spotted receiving money before a game. Why else have you been bragging lately about 'rolling in the money'?
Professional umpires wouldn't & shouldn't brag about all the money they have coming in. Seems a little too suss to me. I know you try to lighten the mood with the boss by playing countless fart & testicle jokes (which are hilarious btw), but this is a serious matter and shouldn't be taken lightly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey suzi, could you perhaps provide some justification for your 'umpires do not and have never cheated'. We have all heard your ridiculous hyperbole, restating the same thing over and over again without actually creating an argument outside of 'UMPIRES DON'T CHEAT I CAN'T HEAR YOU LA LA LA'

For proof, I would like a list of every single umpire who as ever umpired a single game of Australian Rules Football, and a short report on their bias (or lack of) for every game in their career. If you cannot provide this, then you are not qualified to say that umpires don't cheat. Please do not try to refute this by saying this that 'cheat is the lowest thing you can call an umpire', because that is not an argument, that it just you spewing blind rhetoric.

On the other hand, I could provide anecdotal evidence of umpires cheating in games I have played in throughout my junior years. This is a common occurence in junior leagues when one team is far superior to the other, and umpires feel the need to 'even things up'.

Of course, it only takes one example of such to rebut your terrible, terrible argument that 'umpires don't cheat because they are volunteers'.

Hey suzi, could you perhaps provide some justification for your 'umpires do not and have never cheated'. We have all heard your ridiculous hyperbole, restating the same thing over and over again without actually creating an argument outside of 'UMPIRES DON'T CHEAT I CAN'T HEAR YOU LA LA LA'

For proof, I would like a list of every single umpire who as ever umpired a single game of Australian Rules Football, and a short report on their bias (or lack of) for every game in their career. If you cannot provide this, then you are not qualified to say that umpires don't cheat. Please do not try to refute this by saying this that 'cheat is the lowest thing you can call an umpire', because that is not an argument, that it just you spewing blind rhetoric.

On the other hand, I could provide anecdotal evidence of umpires cheating in games I have played in throughout my junior years. This is a common occurence in junior leagues when one team is far superior to the other, and umpires feel the need to 'even things up'.

Of course, it only takes one example of such to rebut your terrible, terrible argument that 'umpires don't cheat because they are volunteers'.
Why don't you learn to respect those that are willing to umpire instead of going around branding people who umpire cheats.
It would make it a hell of a lot easier for us that do umpire to concentrate on what we have to do rather than putting up with the ****wits in the crowd and on the ground who just want to abuse the umpires.

No see, I'm not sure you even read my post. At best, you skimmed over it for keywords.

I have little respect for umpires in general because the I feel the type of personality that would compel someone to want to become an umpire (power-hungry, need to dominate, ego-centric etc) is precisely what makes them unsuitable for the job of an umpire.

This is beside the point however, please read the following and reply to it, rather than simply restate your childish argument for the umpteenth time:

Can you vouch for every single umpire in the history of Australian Rules Football and state, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that they have never cheated, even once?

Why don't you learn to respect those that are willing to umpire instead of going around branding people who umpire cheats.
It would make it a hell of a lot easier for us that do umpire to concentrate on what we have to do rather than putting up with the ****wits in the crowd and on the ground who just want to abuse the umpires.
Why do you feel the need to make yourself sound more important than you are? I have seen you umpire a few games, and personally i think most of your decisions are disgraceful.

How on earth can you talk for umpires in leagues you don't even know/have any idea about? TBH If this thread was a game of footy and you were umpiring it, you would be wearing my meat pie.

Weren't three umpires caught talking about an AFL game and how they were favoring a team on a flight home from Perth a couple of years ago?

(Note, I might be wrong as I can't remember the details.)

EDIT: Just read an article on it. Matthew Head allegedly said "now I know what it feels like to have a victory" after a Freo/St. Kilda match.

I would rather take up knitting

The exact reason why we are struggling to find numbers. Those with no balls to have a go or at least know the rules should be barred from ever making comments about umpiring!
Stick your knitting in your ass, I'm staying in umpiring :)

The exact reason why we are struggling to find numbers. Those with no balls to have a go or at least know the rules should be barred from ever making comments about umpiring!
Stick your knitting in your ass, I'm staying in umpiring :)

Those with balls get involved as players or helping out the club. The umpiring fraternity would get more numbers if they dropped some of their ridiculous posturing and gesturing, and just bloody umpired. Every time I see umpies run out to the edge of the square before a ball up, and do that ballerina-esque fancy turn and then backward steps, I feel like running out and throttling them.

Goal umpires are the worst with their nonsensical chest thumping, flag waving and chasing of field umpires. Most of them are more concerned with their gesturing than they are about making a decision. Have a close look at them, half look like they are deer caught in headlights. Just give us a clear signal and buzz off into the background - the game does NOT revolve around you.

Umpires would be far better off if they dropped some of the show boating (which doesn't impress anyone, lets be honest) and acted like real people that the general football spectator could relate to.

And as for knowing the rules, pfft gimme a break. I've been following the game my whole life mate and I don't reckon I'd need more than a 10 minute crash course on flag waving before I'd be ready to go as a goal umpire.

Goal umpires are the worst with their nonsensical chest thumping, flag waving and chasing of field umpires. Most of them are more concerned with their gesturing than they are about making a decision. Have a close look at them, half look like they are deer caught in headlights. Just give us a clear signal and buzz off into the background - the game does NOT revolve around you.

Tell that to the people who coach goal umpires. You won't get anywhere if you don't do that stuff.

FWIW the chest tapping is a signal to alert the field umpire that a point has been scored and for the boundary umpires to stop running.

And as for knowing the rules, pfft gimme a break. I've been following the game my whole life mate and I don't reckon I'd need more than a 10 minute crash course on flag waving before I'd be ready to go as a goal umpire.

Contacts for umpiring groups appear on all state league websites. I'm sure they'll welcome someone who is so obviously up to speed.

Tell that to the people who coach goal umpires. You won't get anywhere if you don't do that stuff.

FWIW the chest tapping is a signal to alert the field umpire that a point has been scored and for the boundary umpires to stop running.

Contacts for umpiring groups appear on all state league websites. I'm sure they'll welcome someone who is so obviously up to speed.
Well said rooboy :thumbsu:

Eastern Tiger, by you making that comment is it any wonder you aren't umpiring finals footy this year. You don't listen to your coach. You don't know what Goal umpires are instructed to do and you think that they are over dramatic.
That's not cheating. What's cheating is you doing the exact opposite to what your coach says.

Well said rooboy :thumbsu:

Eastern Tiger, by you making that comment is it any wonder you aren't umpiring finals footy this year. You don't listen to your coach. You don't know what Goal umpires are instructed to do and you think that they are over dramatic.
That's not cheating. What's cheating is you doing the exact opposite to what your coach says.
Again you're assuming things with absolutely no substance.

"You aren't umpiring finals footy"
"You don't listen to your coach"

Imagine if I said that to you -- you'd cry foul like I had just pulled your hair.

Why do you feel the need to make yourself sound more important than you are? I have seen you umpire a few games, and personally i think most of your decisions are disgraceful.

How on earth can you talk for umpires in leagues you don't even know/have any idea about? TBH If this thread was a game of footy and you were umpiring it, you would be wearing my meat pie.
All because you, who doesn't umpire, don't agree with what's being said.

Open that other eye mate.

How can you judge me by my umpiring when most of the time you were sitting in the wrong position and would probably call everything a goal if you were in my position.

All because you, who doesn't umpire, don't agree with what's being said.

Open that other eye mate.

How can you judge me by my umpiring when most of the time you were sitting in the wrong position and would probably call everything a goal if you were in my position.
AGAIN, assuming someone doesn't umpire because they make a comment about you.

What is wrong with you???????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back