Chess Chess - BigFooty chess club Tournaments on Chess.com (PRIZES!)

Remove this Banner Ad

I got annihilated by Filthy Sanchez

So next I challenge Schulzenfest again. Anyone keen to knock me downtrend ladder, go ahead and challenge me

Crankitup grumbleguts MWPP

I have reallocated you in the ladder as active members. Please make your challenges using your revised positions.

Hi Chipmunk. Although it might have looked like MWPP and I were inactive we have been involved in a marathon game (two weeks) which we've just finished. I prevailed in the end.

WHAT'S HAPPENING?

I presume there is some discussion going on behind the scenes to ensure the future of the BigFooty Chess Club.

I'd like to thank Chipmunk for all his hard work in getting the thing up and running and administering the comps. I hope he will be cleared and reinstated but if thats not possible, well as I say I hope something is happening. I hope we will be soon able to be told where things stand, and the inter club match coming up can go ahead.

I got the message too, but it didn’t identify the player. I have played Chipmunk recently but did not FOR A MOMENT suspect him. Sounds like a rogue algorithm.

Im surprised it names a user? Also I think it just benefits the opponent rather than punishes the person right?

It doesn't name the alleged perp in the message it sends but if you check chipmunk's profile on chess.com his account has been closed for violating fair play policy.

Hey all,

Apologies - just got to this. Yes, dealing with the suspension at the moment:
- they don't tell you what specifically it is they're accusing you of, but they rarely overturn the decision. Therefore I've withdrawn from the ladder.
- they do let you set up under a new account which I'm going through the process of.
- I can still administer the ladder through providing results through the thread. I checked outstanding games and believe the list was up-to-date yesterday. I'll also be providing a suggestion on how the final bits of the ladder would work to get to the final positions.
- Once I get my new account, I'll be looking to retain the club match/chess AFL on schedule. As mentioned in the tournament thread, if anyone else wishes to get involved in the running side let me know.

Happy to answer any questions via PM.

Hi Chipmunk. Although it might have looked like MWPP and I were inactive we have been involved in a marathon game (two weeks) which we've just finished. I prevailed in the end.

The reallocation was upwards :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What have you been told about the club match? Is it still happening in my absence or have you been told it's not happening?

Good to hear from you Chipmunk. Nothing has been said about the club match. It is still listed and shows you as the contact for our side, although you seem to have been removed from the list of players. There is also Esoteric still listed as playing but he's withdrawn.

Good to hear from you Chipmunk. Nothing has been said about the club match. It is still listed and shows you as the contact for our side, although you seem to have been removed from the list of players. There is also Esoteric still listed as playing but he's withdrawn.

Thanks for this, so I presume it's still happening whatever happens. I was never on the list of players so that's okay, just listed as the contact. I can't withdraw Eso until I get access again but he can do it himself. The actual deadline is 12pm Monday from memory so there is still time to arrange those things.

What’s the go with “game aborted” in 10 minute games? Is it when the opponent just disconnects?

Basically thats what it is. But often it happens when the player is from a country with a lower quality infrastructure. You can see that they have a poor connection (one white and three red bars) and sometimes they come adrift altogether.

What’s the go with “game aborted” in 10 minute games? Is it when the opponent just disconnects?

Yeah, you have to make your first move in 15 seconds, otherwise the game is aborted and neither side loses ranking points. Once you've made your first move, if you get disconnected your time continues to run down (which happened in a big tournament recently!).

Last edited:
Yeah, you have to make your first move in 15 seconds, otherwise the game is aborted and neither side loses ranking points. Once you've made your first move, if you get disconnected your time continues to run down (which happened in a big tournament recently!).

Nah the one I played we were half way through a match and it just came up match aborted. And the match doesn’t appear on my results list.

Nah the one I played we were half way through a match and it just came up match aborted. And the match doesn’t appear on my results list.

Oh wow I stand corrected. I looked at the website and for a 10 minute game if they disconnect for 1 minute (10%) it's abandoned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back