Hot Topic Chicken Little thread - 2024 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a sinking feeling that maybe we have appointed a senior coach who has many good qualities but really needs to be supported by a senior assistant/line coaches who can take the lead on our structures and systems. We seem to play with a worrying naivety, and I have little faith we will ever perform beyond the sum of our parts.
I think this is absolutely necessary for us. Few other clubs like tiggies filth dees Roos (others?) have senior assistants and I think Voss needs it too.

I have a sinking feeling that maybe we have appointed a senior coach who has many good qualities but really needs to be supported by a senior assistant/line coaches who can take the lead on our structures and systems. We seem to play with a worrying naivety, and I have little faith we will ever perform beyond the sum of our parts.
interesting concept.........reasonably put..........

Very well put.

I have overall faith in Vossy. He has been around long enough to read the room. Think he does need game analysis assistance. We have subtly changed up our support staff in recent times too. Just an observation, but I think Vossyhas been surrounded by a few old school guys who probably don’t offer the best mix. A little bit too much affirmation for Vossy’s overstated regard for the contest.

Vossy needs to sit down with his mate Macrae. Embrace what they do well…

Certainly a watch this space, although we do have a list lacking in some crucial areas, player types/ability…
Certainly need to see some key improved changes as the year goes on…

You would hope so as the interviews after the game were far to accepting of that 1st quarter and even though we matched them for 2.5 quarters after that they walked the ball out of he centre square and the backline.

I just wonder if they were in holiday mode with Crippa swimming with sharks and the amount of PR given we were the first cab off the ranks. Doesn't take much to be 5% off.
Do you even know that was filmed the week of. 100% looked like an off season film made for gather round to me.

What exactly does Fisher bring to the team that any number of other players on the list cannot?

Please enlighten me.

What exactly does Fisher bring to the team that any number of other players on the list cannot?

Please enlighten me.
Runs hard for the handball receive, for which we definitely lack. Won't be unhappy if he has a spell in the twos on current form though.

Runs hard for the handball receive, for which we definitely lack. Won't be unhappy if he has a spell in the twos on current form though.

Doesn't matter because when he gets the ball he has no idea what he's doing with it 90% of the time.

Deer in headlights far too often and lacks intent.

Doesn't matter because when he gets the ball he has no idea what he's doing with it 90% of the time.

Deer in headlights far too often and lacks intent.
Yeah constantly running into brick walls. He's struggling with our structure at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please enlighten me.

Not alot at the moment effectiveness wise, like a bumper of players.

But there are 3-4 that are offering up even less

Will be interesting to see what happens once Boyd, Saad, Doc get back on the park

And, I hold very little hope in Cuners and Martin

Not alot at the moment effectiveness wise, like a bumper of players.

But there are 3-4 that are offering up even less

Will be interesting to see what happens once Boyd, Saad, Doc get back on the park

And, I hold very little hope in Cuners and Martin

Cuners, Martin, Marchy and other injury prone players you can put a line through. They'll see their contracts out and he moved on. List would be in a substantially better place without them regardless of how talented they may be when firing. Just not reliable enough, sadly. We could do with a couple more Cincotta level talents. (body of work in the state leagues) who can get on the park consistently.

Fair call on others offering less.

Yesterday frustrated me to no end, as it has for the past few weeks, because A) we know when he's on Fisher can be a capable football player and B) I genuinely see no intent in his play. I hate kick and hope football and see him rely on it far too often. Impossible to ask every player to be able to think a play or two ahead that it's frustrating when a player who has shown to have the skillset to do it isn't playing to that level.

Cuners, Martin, Marchy and other injury prone players you can put a line through. They'll see their contracts out and he moved on. List would be in a substantially better place without them regardless of how talented they may be when firing. Just not reliable enough, sadly. We could do with a couple more Cincotta level talents who can get on the park.

Fair call on others offering less.

Yesterday frustrated me to no end, as it has for the past few weeks, because A) we know when he's on Fisher can be a capable football player and B) I genuinely see no intent in his play. I hate kick and hope football and see him rely on it far too often. Impossible to ask every player to be able to think a play or two ahead that it's frustrating when a player who has shown to have the skillset to do it isn't playing to that level.

Fisher is a limited footballer, in size, strength and penetration of kick.

What's disappointing is our more talented types aren't offering that much more

Again, I still believe the players, are asked to contribute in a substandard setup

It is a fine line, but Voss needs to find the right levers this side of the bye

Not if you've already accepted the state of the club.
Yesterday went as expected.

I thought we'd lose

I thought transition would be difficult.

I even gathered the margin would be 4 to 6 goals.

But it was the manner in which we lost that was so disconcerting.

Saints were out on their feet in the last quarter, having played a much more gruelling match on the Sunday when we played on the Thursday evening, and we had no idea on how to put them away or how to counter them

Fundamentally, we have no idea. Very few players are performing. Most on the list aren't even showing up. We're carrying more passengers than a jumbo jet. And nobody - even when Cripps himself had been playing well - stood up in a leadership role to collect the troops.

I was more frustrated yesterday than I was in person in Adelaide. Adelaide tore us apart and while not good it happens sometimes especially with a late out and an early injury to a vital structural player. Yesterday was a very winnable game that we lost as much as they won. Played right into their hands

We need more class and polished ball users in the middle and the wings etc

Fisher is a big disappointment to me and I don't think he will ever be the player we expected him to be.

I also think it's naive and overly simplistic to suggest a new coach could do much better.

Too many conditional players on our list who only run one way (not naming names)

I also think it's naive and overly simplistic to suggest a new coach could do much

It’s not the coach, it’s not the players, it’s actually the club. This club has a loser culture… can never make the right decision coach wise, needs a ton of draft picks to pick a few decent players and there is always an excuse.

The culture of this club stinks. I am not claiming I know what needs to happen to change the culture but until that changes this club won’t improve.

I predicted 10th this year and I’m painfully looking correct.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back