Asia China's growing influence

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysts are saying China will aim for Area denial in the East and South China seas within the first island chain, but the Solomons is a long way from there. Most of that is ballistic missiles and not blue water Navy

China isn’t seeking to dominate the world militarily, look at the US for that. The Chinese have seen how empires fall, and usually it’s an overstretched military, I don’t think they’ll fall into the same trap. Plus China is our largest source of trade and migration, we can’t pretend they don’t exist.

I don’t think so. China was a dominant power up til about 1800 yet never really ventured to the far reaches of the globe. Admiral Zheng He burned his fleet rather than conquer nations. I think the Chinese have a far better memory of history than the West. China doesn’t want military domination globally, but economic supremacy and dominance of just their region.

having served 12 years in the navy myself, I'm uncertain of your definition of blue water navy. The only limitation they have is quick access to deep water from mainland china but that is remedied by the string of pearls, solomons and their man made islands. They will have complete superiority from africa and the middle east, through South East Asia to China.

China already controls most of Africa and their ambition is SE Asia, Central Asia and Eastern Europe through the string of pearls and the one belt one road.

China is a nation because of its expansionist policies, wars and oppression. They have a number of hot border disputes on soil and water. If they are all about diplomacy, why don't they give their citizens a voice? if they aren't after military domination, why are they building the largest most advanced military in the world and why are they oppressing tibet, kazakh's, why the incursions into russia and india, why execute foreign fisherman in international waters?

There is a pretty big gap here

I am fond of our asian comrades in Australia but if shitnhits the fan, you'd think there are a lot of Chinese going to bat for the motherland

an interesting one

there are probably two distinct groups amongst many

1) the sleepers sent here
2) those that are seen as traitors for leaving mainland china

an interesting one

there are probably two distinct groups amongst many

1) the sleepers sent here
2) those that are seen as traitors for leaving mainland china

My understanding is, some are seen as traitors if they try get an Australian citizenship.

Living here short term less of an issue

My understanding is, some are seen as traitors if they try get an Australian citizenship.

Living here short term less of an issue

The Chinese govt look very lowly upon chinese who fled to Indo and Malaysia due to the famines and other hard times in Chinese history. Thus China is very happy to support regimes, even if they are killing Chinese blood in the nation such as race riots in Indo.

They also send Chinese to places such as Oz to be sleepers and called up in decades ahead. As part of this activity, it is acknowledged PR or citizenship is required. This issue is why working with Australian Universities is a big no no when it comes to commercial in confidence and IP protection.

It is a complex issue but what I will say is the Chinese culture is one of survival. Chinese won't stick their necks out and voice their opinions or protest. They will simply do what they are told, whether it is right or wrong. This is what makes China so dangerous, as the government is unaccountable. It is also what makes Chinese people a low risk here in Oz, as the vast majority will simply just mind their own business.

As someone who has worked in China i say China isn't to be trusted at any level and look what's happening in the South China sea.
They have this 3 generation outlook looking ahead for the next 50 years +
There look term plans would include having favourable governments in all countries bordering the South China and wouldn't be afraid to use covert methods to get them.
Wherever possible don't buy Chinese computers or smart phones

As someone who has worked in China i say China isn't to be trusted at any level and look what's happening in the South China sea.
There look term plans would include having favourable governments in all countries bordering the South China and wouldn't be afraid to use covert methods to get them.

add to that tv's

we already know samsung was caught with listening capabilities, no doubt chinese cars and tvs will be the same.

at the end of the day, we should all be concerned about anyone that wants power. rarely does someone fight so hard to assume power, then fight so hard to keep that power, have positive intentions in using that power.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every single Defence member is issued an IT token used to remotely access the Defence ICT network. Guess where these are all made?

How can this possibly be allowed to continue?

The most crazy part is the way they treat their citizens is absolutely batshit crazy. And obviously their whole treatment of the early parts of covid was really dodgy and shady, yet nobody seems to ever mention either of these things?
I'm not a right wing weirdo or anything but it's just so crazy to not see anything about this anywhere.

Duttons not wrong about the Chinese

Quick question...
Is yelling from the rooftops "CHINA WENT NEAR OUR SECRET MILITARY FACILITY" giving away the location of our secret military facility?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back