Chris Dawes?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dude, you're deluded if you believe Dawes is a better footballer than White.

Farkin pls.

Not that deluded B B.......excuse the format! Its Farkin my pleasure!

Player Statistics Comparison
Jesse White Name Chris Dawes
Collingwood Magpies Team Melbourne Demons
Forward Position Forward
117 Career Games 119
Southport Origin Sandringham
January 9, 1988 Date of Birth May 16, 1988
28yr 6mth Age 28yr 2mth
196cm Height 193cm
102kg Weight 101kg
2006 National Draft Last Drafted In 2006 National Draft
Round 5, Pick #79 Last Draft Position Round 2, Pick #28
Sydney Swans Last Drafted By Collingwood Magpies

Career Stats for Season Career
117 Games 119
6.3 Kicks Per Game 6.8
3.9 Handballs Per Game 5.3
10.2 Disposals Per Game 12.1
3.9 Marks Per Game 4.7
1.1 Goals Per Game 1.1
0.8 Behinds Per Game 0.8
1.7 Tackles Per Game 2.4
Hitouts Per Game 1.6
0.5 Frees For Per Game 1.1
0.9 Frees Against Per Game 0.9

My username is DAWESome, and I think this is a terrible idea.

Like OA said, love him as a bloke and as a former premiership player always welcome back at the club, but not as a player.

Forward Position Forward
117 Career Games 119
28yr 6mth Age 28yr 2mth
196cm Height 193cm
102kg Weight 101kg

117 Games 119
6.3 Kicks Per Game 6.8
3.9 Marks Per Game 4.7
1.1 Goals Per Game 1.1
0.8 Behinds Per Game 0.8
1.7 Tackles Per Game 2.4
Hitouts Per Game 1.6

Dawes seems a nice bloke but you don't need stats to know White is comfortably better than Dawes.

He did play a couple of good ones a month back so he is capable.

He is basically a hit up forward and that has to be Cloke's role now so I cant see him adding to us.

Dawes seems a nice bloke but you don't need stats to know White is comfortably better than Dawes.

He did play a couple of good ones a month back so he is capable.

He is basically a hit up forward and that has to be Cloke's role now so I cant see him adding to us.[/QUOTE]

The stats are in relation to my so called delusion........never said anything about adding him to our list

Last edited:

Forward Position Forward
117 Career Games 119
28yr 6mth Age 28yr 2mth
196cm Height 193cm
102kg Weight 101kg

117 Games 119
6.3 Kicks Per Game 6.8
3.9 Marks Per Game 4.7
1.1 Goals Per Game 1.1
0.8 Behinds Per Game 0.8
1.7 Tackles Per Game 2.4
Hitouts Per Game 1.6
Sorry CFC, I normally like your posts, but career stats are irrelevant at this point. The discussion is about whether Dawes is currently a better footballer than White, not who has had a better career. To this end, 2016 stats are far more relevant, and will display why White is the better option, playing career best footy, while Dawes is very clearly at the twilight of his career:
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...ayerStatus2=A&tid2=12&pid2=1746&fid2=S&type=A

Player Comparison
Jesse WhiteNameChris Dawes

2016Season2016
10Games4
10.3Kicks5.5
3.7Handballs7.5
Disposals13.0
6.1Marks2.5
1.3Goals0.2
1.1Behinds0.2
1.9Tackles2.5
Hitouts1.8
3.6Inside 50s2.2
0.7Goal Assists0.5

4.7Cont. Poss.5.2
Unc. Poss.8.0
9.4Eff. Disposals8.0
67.1%Eff. Disp. %61.5%
1.6Clangers3.0
0.8Cont. Marks0.2
2.0Marks I500.2
0.5Clearances0.8
0.3Rebound 50s0.8
.71%s0.5

Sorry CFC, I normally like your posts, but career stats are irrelevant at this point. The discussion is about whether Dawes is currently a better footballer than White, not who has had a better career. To this end, 2016 stats are far more relevant, and will display why White is the better option, playing career best footy, while Dawes is very clearly at the twilight of his career:

I replied to Big Bryza who said I was deluded. He didn't say to compare them as of today.

I still stand by my assessment of White......I would prefer Dawes in his prime 2010 & pre injury 2011, that's why I did the career comparison.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone think he is worth taking back if the price is right? I have personally always hoped that one of our premierships players would one day return IE. Beams, Wellingham, Shaw, Thomas if not only for the romance factor not unlike when Tarrant returned. (Albeit not a premiership player). However with Dawes whether he would get a game going forward.

Not only is he still s**t.... he's now injury prone.

I'LL TAKE HIM!

I replied to Big Bryza who said I was deluded. He didn't say to compare them as of today.

I still stand by my assessment of White......I would prefer Dawes in his prime 2010 & pre injury 2011, that's why I did the career comparison.
"You're deluded if you this Dawes is a better footballer than White".
Key word being is, as in presently. I would have thought that the implication was their current worth as players, not what they've done throughout their careers. Particularly considering his post was in response to you saying you'd "take him back over White any day of the week".

If it was 2010/11 Dawes you meant, then fair enough, but that's not the way it looked, and is kind of moot anyway considering Dawes is, and has been a shadow of the player he was during that period, and we had him then anyway!

Personally, given he's done nothing of note since leaving us, I feel like we got away with murder getting pick 20 for him, and I have zero desire to see him playing in black and white again given there's about a 0.05% chance of him ever regaining that 2010/11 form.

Dawes filled a role in a good side and we couldn't afford to let him (and others) go at the time but we've moved on and we have other options with more upside now.

Forward Position Forward
117 Career Games 119
28yr 6mth Age 28yr 2mth
196cm Height 193cm
102kg Weight 101kg

117 Games 119
6.3 Kicks Per Game 6.8
3.9 Marks Per Game 4.7
1.1 Goals Per Game 1.1
0.8 Behinds Per Game 0.8
1.7 Tackles Per Game 2.4
Hitouts Per Game 1.6

Oh yeah, Dawes has absolutely torn it up at Melbourne :drunk:

Dawes filled a role in a good side and we couldn't afford to let him (and others) go at the time but we've moved on and we have other options with more upside now.

Ahh the old "it was a bad decision at the time but now with hindsight it was a good decision" trick.

Given his form since he left it dfrom day one was a good decision at the time. Unquestionably. Took a while to replace Leigh Brown and Darren Jolly but moving Dawes on (and finally sacking Wood) was part of that recognition process that we needed a new ruck/second ruck/kpf. Lynch was stop gap (didnt work but always a short term anyway so s**t happens) , then came White. All the while developing Grundy and Witts as well as drafting Moore. And Cox is the icing on top.

Last edited:
Ahh the old "it was a bad decision at the time but now with hindsight it was a good decision" trick.
Nice Try.
It was a bad decision at the time and in hindsight it was still a bad decision at the time.
Years later we are an ordinary side with a couple of developing tall forwards coping with ordinary midfield delivery and Dawes wouldn't be of much help to the side and would inhibit their development if he played seniors by taking opportunities from them. As it is though, none of our tall forwards after Cloke have done any more than Dawes. Moore will be a very good player and for that reason I am more than happy to keep playing him but White is no better as a forward than Dawes and cox is not yet as good as White. Dawes' real value was structural and his loss is part of the reason for Cloke's fall away given his changed role. It's no coincidence that Cloke looks better playing more akin to his CHF premiership role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back