Chris Dawes?

Remove this Banner Ad

tumblr_inline_nf743rkUAX1rd4gk8.gif

We gonna trade cloke and pick up Dawes?
I like it

I like Dawes the most as a guy out of the ex pies premiership players who were moved on, and I have always felt when hearing him reflect that his love for playing for Collingwood compared to Melbourne was palpable. However his body is gone and he's not even up to being a role player anymore.

Dawes is almost certain to be delisted at seasons end.

If he agreed to a low dollar contract, based on incentives for performance, I'd give him a spot on the list.

I don't think any club will touch him though, injuries have ruined him, and at 29 next year there's not much future in him.

I also don't think he would come back to the club as long as Nathan Buckley is coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He left the Club because he wasn't wanted.

He has never said a bad word against his old Club.

I would take him back over White any day of the week.........how many attempts did Bucks take to find that second ruck?

Dawes is almost certain to be delisted at seasons end.

If he agreed to a low dollar contract, based on incentives for performance, I'd give him a spot on the list.

I don't think any club will touch him though, injuries have ruined him, and at 29 next year there's not much future in him.

I also don't think he would come back to the club as long as Nathan Buckley is coach.

This is best argument yet as to why Bucks should get an extension................. until Dawesy retires. :D
Melbourne gave Dawes a reported 2mill over 4 years. They must hate us.

He left the Club because he wasn't wanted.

He has never said a bad word against his old Club.

I would take him back over White any day of the week.........how many attempts did Bucks take to find that second ruck?

Dude, you're deluded if you believe Dawes is a better footballer than White.

Farkin pls.

If Melbourne pay us 150% of his salary and give us their first round selections for the next 5 years....still NO.
Seriously?
I'd take that in a heart beat.

Why?

We have Jesse White who is more consistent.

Need a small lightning quick crumber not a guy like Dawes.

Anyone think he is worth taking back if the price is right? I have personally always hoped that one of our premierships players would one day return IE. Beams, Wellingham, Shaw, Thomas if not only for the romance factor not unlike when Tarrant returned. (Albeit not a premiership player). However with Dawes whether he would get a game going forward.

not kidding i was thinking the same thing...... we could gradually get the old gang back with heater, beamsy, sharrod, thomas... dids.... leon.... mick... it would be wonderful

I was really shattered when we lost him, I loved the bloke and still do after all he is a premiership player and that first goal of the fourth, I will never forget.

Some of the comments on here are really disrespectful to guy who loves the club and worked his arse off when he played for us. It's sad the way his career has gone since he left us and I take no joy in watching him drop easy marks and miss games due to injury but even as a fan I don't know how we could fit him on our list.

White has become a solid player and is clearly best 22 now, Moore is the future and ahead of him, Cloke is also best 22 and comfortably ahead of Dawes now there is Cox who for me has been outstanding when he played, he was even leading our goal kicking until he needed a break. Dawes will be 29 and apart from his first season at Melbourne has really struggled to string games together to even get himself in good form.

If he wanted to play for 150 000 - 200 000 max then I would be happy for the club to consider going after him.

Richmond: Gain: Witts and 5th round pick (from Collingwood) Lose: Vickery and 2nd round pick
Melbourne Gain: Vickery Lose: C. Dawes
Collingwood Gain: C. Dawes and 2nd round pick from Richmond Lose: Witts and 5th round pick

That trade is pretty good for all three parties. We have a mature guy who needs to go and we get one for him who will also spend some time in the VFL but he gets another contract and when required can help in the ruck and use his big body up forward playing the Leigh Brown like role rather than being the number two forward and getting a key defender on him. There will be less pressure on Chris and I think he could do ok when he gets a game. We also get a second round pick that we can use on one of the father sons or what will most likely happen and that is trade it to the Dogs for Lin Jong (sad face).

Dawes is like Beams in that we still need the occasional thread to help us work through our separation anxiety.

I liked Dawesy, he had a great sense of humour, and it was disappointing to see him go backwards with us and then leave. He had a couple of injuries in 2011 - to his eye and thumb? - and seemed to lose all confidence after that. Plus Bucks asking him to play the elusive Leigh Brown role.:oops:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back