Certified Legendary Thread Chrisco Hampers - who in their right mind buys them ?

Remove this Banner Ad

I will make my usual comment that as much as the media love to trot out “dole bludga” stories and demonise the poor for taking our taxpayer dollars, the amounts involved are a minuscule NTTAWWTteenth of what is lost due to tax dodging corporations.

Priorities

You say that like people aren't generally furious with that too.

Whycantwehaveboth.jpeg

Also, this whole thread is basically mocking poor and stupid people so...

I sent an email today asking someone to get some info to me at their “earliest convince” fml

Congrats on being able to speak fluent Crico. :thumbsu::rainbow:

But if you were a corporation what would you prefer to fund

a) exhorbortiant lifestyle cruising the Mediterranean with a bevy of concubines or

b) the Crico lifestyle of others

What counts as a 'bludger' or 'real welfare'? Retirees claiming the full pension by restructuring their millions in assets? Tradies claiming everything under the sun as a business expense? Literally every sensible person will organise their tax affairs to claim the maximum from the government and minimise tax, corporation or no.

And simple maths, the figures that were mentioned is that there were $160bn in corporate profits after tax. If all corporate profits were taxed at 100%, then that would be an additional $160bn, which would not cover the actual budgeted cost of benefits.

I do agree that there is a bigger focus on 'lazy dole bludgers' though, when by far the biggest welfare cost is the aged pension.
About 50 billion for pensions

https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parlia...tary_Library/pubs/BriefingBook45p/WelfareCost

There is a useful graph a couple of pages down

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's a ''yellie toy"?

Reading off the packet from the Target website, it's like a wind-up toy, except instead of winding them up, you yell at them. The more you yell at them, the more they run

I'm wondering whether the chemist bundles them together with boxes of Panadeine Forte. Luckily kids have short attention spans, I couldn't stand that Constant yelling for hours on end to make this stupid thing move

Gee, if I had kids and they got one of those, I would stomp on it that fast you wouldn't believe it

5 scams of Christmas

Christmas is a once-a-year opportunity for the unscrupulous to scam consumers caught up in the festive spending spree. Holiday shoppers are popular targets for scams that cost Australians tens of millions of dollars every year.
https://www.choice.com.au/shopping/...nd-gifts/articles/the-five-scams-of-christmas

View attachment 594903
Fake News! Seriously, someone should post that in the Chrisco fan page.

Needs another category below terrible. "Disscusted".

Reading off the packet from the Target website, it's like a wind-up toy, except instead of winding them up, you yell at them. The more you yell at them, the more they run

I'm wondering whether the chemist bundles them together with boxes of Panadeine Forte. Luckily kids have short attention spans, I couldn't stand that Constant yelling for hours on end to make this stupid thing move

Gee, if I had kids and they got one of those, I would stomp on it that fast you wouldn't believe it
How much alcohol was drunk to think this is a good idea for a toy

Am I the only person in this thread who actually did have Chrisco hampers for a while? Not that it was my choice (I was probably two when we started) but when we finished I was well aware of how much of a waste it was (this would have been maybe five years ago)

I guess the excess cost between the actual cost of the food and the inflated Chrisco price can be made up by the free beach balls, calculators, torches and egg timers we used to get with the hampers, right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back