Society/Culture Christchurch Mosque mass shooting

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't be surprised to see 'empowered' women take up arms and slaughtering 'men' in the future.

This is not a realistic "macro" argument. My points relate to when the whole s**t pile kicks off.

The left are quite capable of enlisting males to do their dirty work, but when it all breaks down and it's every person for themselves then the "left" are going to be found wanting due to their higher representation of women (who are overwhelmingly non violent and conformist by nature)
But you just argued against the utility of e left/right paradigm.

Surely there is something you can base that on?

Again, yesterdays events were a call to arms. A tactic to increase the division and force people to take a side.
If you can't see that from his manifesto, his calling out of high profile Americans, (why wouldn't he call out high profile Aussies or Kiwi's?), then I'm not sure how we progress further?

It's a horror

It feels horribly close to home

It's strange.

We hear of horrors such as the Sandy Hook massacre of children and think that 'only in America' could they not use that horror to do something about gun control and other blights. "Aren't we lucky" we live in such a safe place, out of the glare of attention, away from the hot spots of geopolitical importance.

And then this.

Christ Church.

Two words that should be synonymous with peace and love (I'm an atheist)

I'm not sure if the name of the beautiful city of Christchurch was a motivation as a target for this cowardly attack because it is overtly ironic, or if this is too much of a stretch for "The turd" (its all I can call him) who did the shooting

I have spent most of the afternoon fighting back tears. But why am I more appalled/effected that this has happened in a city I have visited, a city of our 'cousins' in NZ, and not as appalled about massacres in Iraq or Syria, Sandy Hook or anywhere else in the world?

I think it is like a loss of innocence for our Kiwi cousins, it seems it was part of the motivation of the Turd to show how Islamic people had 'invaded even the most remote places on earth'. How ironic seeing as NZ itself was invaded by white folk a couple of centuries ago.

My heart is torn that such evil exists as was demonstrated by "the Turd" today. For Muslim, Christian, Zoroastrian, or Agnostic I give not two *s. For the courage to remove your family to a place on the other side of the earth, make a life and contribute to society, I hold the highest regard. Courage and honour. A life worth living.

This parasitic turd has reportedly never made anything of himself, travelled the world on his dead Fathers money, and come back to our patch. For this?

This is the price to be paid for ideology espoused by Hanson, Jones, Hadley, Abbott, Abetz and the rest of the self serving RW scare mongers, spewing 'otherness' for their own aggrandisement.

I hope and pray (strong words for an agnostic) these fools don't influence a copy cat.

Peace, brothers and sisters.

TBH it's mostly the olds, who have been in a region for a long time. At least that's what the BREXIT numbers suggested. But this isn't a new phenomena.

It's similar in the EU btw. Hostility to accepting refugees was highest amongst formerly eastern bloc states that tend to be Europes least multicultural. Hungary though is an exception, so the rule isn't absolute.
Eastern Bloc states have always been more reactionary than the West towards Islam - they have a 700 year history with the religion and a long memory.

...........then.........

I said Hitler blamed the left for scaremongering the population into believing they're a threat. The issue isn't left Vs right, conservative Vs liberal. This act was pure hatred and if you can't see it then you're just looking for excuses to justify your own hateful opinions

I said Hitler blamed the left for scaremongering the population into believing they're a threat. The issue isn't left Vs right, conservative Vs liberal. This act was pure hatred and if you can't see it then you're just looking for excuses to justify your own hateful opinions

The issue is an insanity that arose from the contemporary political insanity.

The only position where we differ is that you chose a side.

This is not a realistic "macro" argument. My points relate to when the whole s**t pile kicks off.

I'm with you.
Inevitably when this s**t show really kicks off, the rights troops on the ground and propensity for violence will overcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The greatest pushback we have seen against multiculturalism tends to come from regions that don't really experience it.

For example, BREXIT was most popular in regions with few migrants.

Likewise in the US, it isn't say Bronx natives driving reactionary violence.
Brexit wasn't a vote against immigration. It was a vote against a country loosing control of its laws and being a part of an experiment that wasn't working.

You've selectively decided when to reject the paradigm and when to use it.

I figured you were bright enough to identify one set of comments that refer to control of the state mechanism, and another set of comments that refer to a society at war, when the state mechanism must ultimately break down for one party at least.

Brexit wasn't a vote against immigration. It was a vote against a country loosing control of its laws and being a part of an experiment that wasn't working.
Yet freedom of movement was one of the most cited issues amongst BREXITERs.

It was about xenophobia, plain and simple.

No more than many other European states and less than say Spain or the Mediterranean.

More than Spain and the Mediterranean, definitely. Ottoman occupation (or the threat of it) was a fact of life in the Balkans until 1918. Strangely enough this killer yesterday referenced Balkan reactionary memes and historical figures yesterday.

I chose a side to be accepting of others regardless of race, religion, beliefs etc. Which side did you choose?

I chose the side that has the exact same goals, but removes them from the ever shifting meddlings of state interference.

Really? I hope ASIO are monitoring your activities

Come on spit out. Does it make you uncomfortable having to think about it.

Do you think Martin Bryant hated the people he shot?

I can genuinely see hatred in school shootings conducted by teenagers, but not necessarily in ones perpetrated by adults. There can be any number of reasons, none of them have to be hatred just because you and others think it should.

I figured you were bright enough to identify one set of comments that refer to control of the state mechanism, and another set of comments that refer to a society at war, when the state mechanism must ultimately break down for one party at least.
****ed if I know when left vs right civil war scenarios were entered in.

But no one voted for The Morrison Government, we had this thrust upon us by a terrorist organisation which has infiltrated Parliament House.
It's the same government just a different figurehead.

This isn't America where different leaders mean different leadership.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back