Toast Church of Prudden

Remove this Banner Ad

If we could delist to re-rookie him we would be getting away with something.
I wouldn't want to do that - he's clearly the sort of player who can step into the senior side and do his job if need be, in the first half of next year if we don't have an LTI we wouldn't be able to play him otherwise.

I have to admit I was ambivalent about his position a month ago but his senior form has convinced me. I'd sign him.

I wouldn't want to do that - he's clearly the sort of player who can step into the senior side and do his job if need be, in the first half of next year if we don't have an LTI we wouldn't be able to play him otherwise.

I have to admit I was ambivalent about his position a month ago but his senior form has convinced me. I'd sign him.
That's a good point. I was thinking of a pure money affair, but it probably isn't worth not being able to play him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that his career do you think?

He was fairly injury prone, but what were his other injuries? Looking to put a silver lining on an ACL but were they anything that would benefit from teh layoff?

Is that his career do you think?

He was fairly injury prone, but what were his other injuries? Looking to put a silver lining on an ACL but were they anything that would benefit from teh layoff?
Seriously, I can't see the layoff will be of any benefit. If and when he returns he will be further behind than he already was in the twos. Josh is a good solid player but he may be just out of luck as others pass him by. An outside chance of Boyd's back pocket role but it's a long way back from here. As I said above, I haven't entirely lost faith.

I think the club really rate him ,but rookie spot looks the likely option now this has happened.

I think the club really rate him ,but rookie spot looks the likely option now this has happened.
Wouldn't be totally surprised to see another team jump in before the rookie draft to be honest KH; he's no world beater but young, reliable types in the back half can be hard to find. A team down the bottom of the ladder could do a lot worse!

Hope he gets another opportunity, whether it's with us or not, though.

The opinion that he's gone is strange.
He's developing nicely and this is just a set back. Players don't have to have played 50 games by the tie they're 21 to be a valuable asset 5-6 years down the line.
Hawthorn are experts at that. If someone like Duryea and Sicily, who had extended runs in the 2's early in their career, did their knee, would they have delisted them?

Prime candidate to go to the rookie list for a year or two.

He's a tough one. Stating the obvious its all going to come down to list spots.
I think it will all be determined by our trade activity and the recovery of Clay & Roarke. If there are any significant setbacks I think we will be struggle to have 4 guys coming back from ACL's on the list at once (I'm assuming Bob stays).

If a couple of guys do end up leaving for opportunity,we have a couple of retirements & Clay & Roarke may positive returns at the back end of this season then I think he survives.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back