Thank you Bevo - end of an era

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's over, surely.

Without the hate filled comments on other threads, thank you for 2016. Thank you for the 2021 prelim (third most enjoyable finals game many of us have seen).
Thank you for the changes required to make 2015 enjoyable after the horror of October 2014.

You've changed this club for the better and near enough will never again be good enough.

I only hope your successor can have a similar positive impact

It's over, surely.

Without the hate filled comments on other threads, thank you for 2016. Thank you for the 2021 prelim (third most enjoyable finals game many of us have seen).
Thank you for the changes required to make 2015 enjoyable after the horror of October 2014.

You've changed this club for the better and near enough will never again be good enough.

I only hope your successor can have a similar positive impact
great motivator and people manager, could have had more success with some strong management/ leadership above him. sadly we did what most success starved businesses do and gave the saviour free reign.

Bevo is a great person that defended the club time and time again from the outside world that looked down on the smaller clubs. Got a flag and another grand final appearance which the club had not seen for a long time. Most other years in finals.
Managed the players really well and given the state of the list after the flag with retirements etc managed to Rebuilt it for another crack.

I am really thankful for his peroid of time. But it’s absolutely time.

Thanks Bevo, you gave us the greatest supporting moments, but unfortunately our club has let you down.

They should have surrounded you with experienced assistants, they should have focused on spending money in the football department on experienced coaches. They should have kept the football areas seperate so we never lost Dalrymple, they should have focused on your strengths and let others focus on match day strategy.

Good luck in your future endeavours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Bevo, you gave us the greatest supporting moments, but unfortunately our club has let you down.

They should have surrounded you with experienced assistants, they should have focused on spending money in the football department on experienced coaches. They should have kept the football areas seperate so we never lost Dalrymple, they should have focused on your strengths and let others focus on match day strategy.

Good luck in your future endeavours.

What happened with the footy department and losing Dalrymple ?

And do we know why there was a budgeted approach to the footy department ?

I'm 45, a third generation Bulldogs supporter and a member since I was 12 and for the first time I will not renew my membership if Beveridge is the coach next year. I can't remember a coach who is so stubborn as to game plans, refusing to make in-game adjustments when it's clearly not going according to plan, and his perceived biases towards these mid to smaller players who have next to no influence on the game, yet get picked nearly week in and week out. Only once in his tenure can I clearly remember him playing a tagger/run with player and that was in 2016 when we played the Crows and he tagged Dangerfield.

His game is constantly being picked apart by his peers that know that if you win the ball in our forward line then run and spread quickly, that scoring is a given and the stats have always backed this up.

It's obviously not only the coach, and senior players like Daniel, Smith, Williams, Keith and for the first time in his career McCrae have had a very ordinary season.

I can't remember feeling so sad about the state of our team and yet again Bontempelli will be not a deserved Brownlow Medalist thanks to our finish to the season.

After following the Bulldogs my whole life I moved into the Footscray in 2014. All of a sudden I could train it in 15 away instead of over an hour. My mrs and I attended as many games as we could in 2015-2020 and 2015-2016 was the most remarkable joyful period I had had at the footy. Thank you for that. When we won the flag my father was the first person I called from the G. I was crying and couldn’t contain my emotions. Thank you bevo for bringing those moments.

2016 GF was one of the best days of my life we don't get there without Bevo.

Wish the club made a decision earlier so his legacy could have been not as tarnished as this season has made it.

However, Bevo will always be remembered as the coach that won the Bulldogs first premiership in the 21st century (hopefully one of many).

Always defended the club and players to a fault. Has been one of the most successful yet polarising figures in our club history, and I hope this past 18 months hasn’t tarnished the legacy he leaves behind.

Bringing a bottom dwelling club in shambles to a flag as quickly as he did, and guiding us close a second time, is more than any coach before him ever achieved at the club. Club legend

I still think he can be a good coach if given the right support but surely that place won’t be here.

He wanted and they gave him full autonomy over all club decisions and it has hindered him. He may be the smartest guy in the room but you still need pushback from those under him.

I’ll believe it when I see it when it comes to replacing him.

I’m feeling melancholy today . Like when you realise a relationship is coming to an end. There were such good times , but things don’t work any more .

When routine bites hard and ambitions are low
And resentment rides high but emotions won't grow
And we're changing our ways, taking different roads
Love, love will tear us apart again
Love, love will tear us apart again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back