Multiplat Cities: Skylines

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely recommend getting the full DLC collection when it's on sale. Regularly goes on sale for about $50, though not sure if that will change with the recent airports DLC. There are some DLC buildings I couldn't imagine doing without anymore.

Link?

Wouldn't ming giving it a go, but not for anything near full price.

Probably one of the last times I'll need to post in this CS1 thread (easy to confuse the two at the moment) but for those playing remastered on console, everything up until and including plazas as well as map pack 2 has been released. Even though I will have to start from scratch I'll be able to follow along with one of Overcharged Egg's latest builds again. It was a fantastic map and really utilised Plazas.

The Vanilla Build Guide 2?

It's been the most enjoyable and valuable build guide I've seen.

I learnt more watching the first 5-6 episodes of that than other whole build guides.

The Vanilla Build Guide 2?

It's been the most enjoyable and valuable build guide I've seen.

I learnt more watching the first 5-6 episodes of that than other whole build guides.

That's the one. I was building along with it originally but stopped once remastered on PS5 came out and not all the content was available. I've got it on PC too but because my bro in law plays it on PS as well we've spent hundreds of hours just chilling out and chatting while we play.

As much as Egg says it's a vanilla build I'm really envious of a few of the mods he's using lol. That propline tool he uses is amazing. I used to think I was too good for build guides and usually just followed guys like him, Biffa etc for tips. Well worth it though because I've learnt so many new design tips. I love his saying that you're building a city and not just zoning a city.

Yep I've switched to pretty much solely Pc just for a few 'basic mods' such as prop line tool - I think I have about 8 which is absolutely nothing compared to some of the modded builds you see.

I'm actually a town planner but always struggled with this game... Sim City 2000 probably heavily influenced my career choice haha. But watching Egg's build guide and following for half a dozen episodes has now allowed me to go out and start my own build. Even just some of the things he says like "don't think once you place something it can't be moved" has really helped which of course is stupidly simple but something I got stuck on.

I've had a bit of a watch of a few bits and pieces of some of those vids (I mean, some go for over a literal hour) but one startling takeout I've got is bicycle lanes are apparently very useful, and I have never built even one in the many hundreds of hours I've spent on the game. So there's something new I can try.

Main roads with bike lanes and the city wide encourage cycling policy is pretty OP. It makes a massive difference to traffic and the Sims are less likely to pull out their pocket cars.
Has this always been available?

Has this always been available?

Not sure. At a guess it must have come with Green Cities DLC but has definitely been around for quite a while now.

Edit: a whole bunch of roads have recently been added in free updates so maybe they were in there. The policy is definitely old because I have been running bike paths through zoning for a long time. But there is so much content I'm always finding new things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure. At a guess it must have come with Green Cities DLC but has definitely been around for quite a while now.

Edit: a whole bunch of roads have recently been added in free updates so maybe they were in there. The policy is definitely old because I have been running bike paths through zoning for a long time. But there is so much content I'm always finding new things.
I don't know where you find the time :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back