Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates pt2

How would you find Bradley Robert Edwards?

• Not guilty on all

• Guilty on all

• Ciara Glennon - Guilty

• Ciara Glennon & Jane Rimmer - Guilty

• I need more information!

• This is sooo sub-judice, I'm dobbing you in shellyg

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not from what I know. I did say a few times that they had no one for the crime/s. NO ONE ! Not a single male nor female. They had DNA but no one ideal to test it with. Then they had to go back to Karrakatta & Hollywood Hospital. Local cases that might be linked to Claremont. Plus at the same time they branched out to unsolved crimes way out in the suburbs. Then came along the Kimono clue. But they still needed to link that nightwear to someone.
If they had a look at HH in the 90s the link to KK was there. Cloth across the mouth and dragged backwards in both crimes. I'm sure a cloth was also used at Huntingdale. Old fashioned Police work. It's ironic that the KK victim ended up at HH. They formed a Taskforce to collect witness statements and clues. Micro was used to state that no stone would be uncovered.

If they had a look at HH in the 90s the link to KK was there. Cloth across the mouth and dragged backwards in both crimes. I'm sure a cloth was also used at Huntingdale. Old fashioned Police work. It's ironic that the KK victim ended up at HH. They formed a Taskforce to collect witness statements and clues. Micro was used to state that no stone would be uncovered.
I feel the same way, i totally don't understand if 'no stone was left unturned' how they missed these connections! Even if DNA procedures/knowledge wasn't available at the time, you would at least have thought they would have put BRE 'on the radar'.

Everything is heating up re this virus. Many people on four cruise ships let off in Sydney have the Covid-19 virus. WTF? And without health checks & temperature checks not being tested. Politicians are going OMG. That is a massive issue for Eastern Staters. Meanwhile the WA Govt. are doing a better job with the cruise ship arrivals.

We had an unfair advantage over here in the West though...........we already had the "F Off, we're full banners"

We had an unfair advantage over here in the West though...........we already had the "F Off, we're full banners"

Not happy jan that I can't go west at Easter to steal some of your fresh air, frolic in your clean ocean, and do bog laps around the Western Suburbs in very little traffic (compared to Sydney in normal times), or drop in on the Supreme Court.

Not happy jan that I can't go west at Easter to steal some of your fresh air, frolic in your clean ocean, and do bog laps around the Western Suburbs in very little traffic (compared to Sydney in normal times), or drop in on the Supreme Court.

I went through Perth today. It reminded me of the 80's after 6pm any day of the week.

If nothing else Perth people are very conformist to Government rules and have mass abandoned the CBD and just about everywhere else. It's like New Zealand stage 4 but pretty much voluntary.

On the other hand the police are acting typical W.A. and constantly drive up and down roads under lights and siren and have now got drones to annoy beachgoers. They also have put in place roadblocks (under drone, helicopter, and fixed wing surveillance) on all major routes in and out of the Perth region.

It's getting to the point I'll have to splurge on espresso and actually attend a BRE trial session or two in protest! :)

I went through Perth today. It reminded me of the 80's after 6pm any day of the week.

If nothing else Perth people are very conformist to Government rules and have mass abandoned the CBD and just about everywhere else. It's like New Zealand stage 4 but pretty much voluntary.

On the other hand the police are acting typical W.A. and constantly drive up and down roads under lights and siren and have now got drones to annoy beachgoers. They also have put in place roadblocks (under drone, helicopter, and fixed wing surveillance) on all major routes in and out of the Perth region.

It's getting to the point I'll have to splurge on espresso and actually attend a BRE trial session or two in protest! :)
I think Mel Brooks "The Producers" said it all really!

Attachments

• giphy (6).gif
    giphy (6).gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 83
I think Mel Brooks "The Producers" said it all really!

By weird coincidence, the only London stage show I have ever attended was The Producers :)

Worse, and totally unrelated to my visit, the only London stage show my #2 son has attended was The Producers.

I'm starting to wonder of some variant of Springtime could apply to BRE :)

I live in the western suburbs with a massive 7 minute drive at peak hour to get to work, 3 minutes to the river and 10 minutes to the beach.

I love Sydney when I lived their in the 90s (balmoral beach) but the 2020 version isn’t lifestyle friendly. Still great but to really enjoy the city, living on the harbour, is beyond the means of most.

Between April 1996 and December 1998, he drove a Telstra-branded white Holden Commodore VS Series wagon that had been issued to him in his role as a technician with the company.

It is alleged fibres found on the bodies of Ms Rimmer and Ms Glennon matched fibres from a grey seat insert from that model of car, as well as fibres from the uniforms worn by Telstra workers at the time.

The noose is tightening around BRE's neck.

Between April 1996 and December 1998, he drove a Telstra-branded white Holden Commodore VS Series wagon that had been issued to him in his role as a technician with the company.

It is alleged fibres found on the bodies of Ms Rimmer and Ms Glennon matched fibres from a grey seat insert from that model of car, as well as fibres from the uniforms worn by Telstra workers at the time.

The noose is tightening around BRE's neck.

The photo in the link shows hubcaps different to those described by the (largely credible) Burger Boy. He described the later version of the hubcaps but the photo shows the earler version. You can see the version he described on The West website exhibits page, exhibit 1830 - https://thewest.com.au/news/claremo...ey-edwards-supreme-court-trial-ng-b881415460z

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty sure the next part of the trial will be Carmel producing all the Police vehicles involved in the case that had the same interior trim as the BRE vehicle. If nothing else than to pre-empt Paul.

It will come down to whether any of those vehicles or their passengers had a reasonable chance of contaminating either the Rimmer or Glennon corpses or related forensic samples.

Listening to yesterday's podcast it sounds like it would be more fun to watch paint drying. The only interesting thing is the list of 20 VINs given to the witness to decode. Sounds like they were likely police vehicle VINs? More to follow?

Sounds like next week will be pretty boring as well and it will only start to liven up the Tuesday after Easter. Perhaps I'll break my self imposed coronavirus isolation and attend then?

Sounds like next week will be pretty boring as well and it will only start to liven up the Tuesday after Easter. Perhaps I'll break my self imposed coronavirus isolation and attend then?

That would be great Jezza, we're all a bit preoccupied with this pandemic but will need some distraction and just about over listening to it by then I think. Stay safe though. :)

The Producers.
I'm starting to wonder of some variant of Springtime could apply to BRE :)

Here you go.

The Perv of old Bay View

He used to be the perv, the perv of old Bay View
Bog laps around the block
When he could not get a screw
He always took some sort of knife
Hard to fathom that he'd had a wife.
Get in his car and maybe end of life
Hope he doesn't get Corona flu!#

(Some of his family and maybe the defence team)
We believe him, thousands wouldn't
We believe him, ev'ry word
We believe him, thousands couldn't
We believe each word we've heard

He used to be the perv, the perv of Huntingdale
Cross dressing was his thing
It's like they let him out on bail
Pockets always filled with ties
Left behind a trail of fear and cries
He spun a web of fibs and lies
Destined to always end up in jail

(The other thousands + )
Don't believe him, thousands wouldn't
Don't believe him, any word
Don't believe him, thousands couldn't
Don't believe each word we've heard

There was a time
When he was young and sort of gay
But straight
There was a time
When he did what he was told
There was a time
Wearing boxers on match day
Showcased propensity for gold

There was a time
He wore the ladies clothes
His slacks were always blue

Now he wears the prison greens
That's 32 years overdue!

Poor BRE, evil cruiser
Poor BRE, shows no shame
Poor BRE, what a loser
Poor BRE, goodbye fame

He used to think he was the king
Not far from WA's Broadway
Never again will he be king
Now top bunk all night and day

#Current Corona Virus pandemic is worse than a bad season of flu

"My role was to find clothing from that era to identify advantageous sources that could help police," he said.
The court heard on April 2, 2019, Sgt Beck visited the WA Police Historical Society where he collected some light blue police overalls as well as dark blue police overalls that would have been worn by officers in the late 1990s.
A series of documents, exhibit records, were then shown to the court. Photos showing the overalls and the brand name, King Gee, were also shown."
West Australian blog.
As I said previously, you can bet your last dollar that Police uniforms of the time would have been all excluded as the fibre source including the overalls.

"The court heard there were four Telstra shorts that were examined. All the shorts were made by Yakka in Fiji and were either made from polyester rayon blend material or polyester viscose material.
The breakdown of the polyester viscose material, was 65 per cent polyester, 35 per cent viscose.
A pair of three-quarter pants were also examined. These pants were made in Indonesia and are a wool polyester lycra blend material.
A number of photos of a pair of light blue Telecom overalls made by King Gee was then shown to the court. Sgt Beck told the court these overalls were made in Australian and were 100 per cent cotton.
A series of photographs of a dark blue pair of WA Police overalls were then shown to the court. The court heard this pair was made by King Gee, in Australia, and were 100 per cent cotton".
Game, set and match. Scientists know if its cotton, poly, rayon or cotton/poly blends.

How the accused was eventually arrested
Bradley Robert Edwards is accused of murdering three young women in Claremont in the mid-90s.
Sergeant Beck, during evidence heard on the 68th day of the trial, also detailed how he helped identify Mr Edwards as the perpetrator of a 1988 Huntingdale sex attack, which allegedly linked him to the murder of Ms Glennon through his DNA profile.
Sergeant Beck told the court the DNA link was made on December 1, 2016, during a cold case review of the Huntingdale case when a kimono left at the scene by the offender was tested.
Following the breakthrough, Sergeant Beck recovered an archive box from the unsolved Huntingdale case which contained four fingerprint lifts believed to be linked to the offence which had been taken from a sliding door at a Huntingdale home.
The fingerprints were run through the national fingerprint database and matched Mr Edwards’ prints – taken in 1990 after he assaulted a Hollywood Hospital social worker.
A covert police operation was then carried out to secretly obtain Mr Edwards’ DNA sample, which was recovered from a Sprite bottle he discarded while at the movies with his stepdaughter.
The DNA profile was allegedly a match to the DNA recovered from the Huntingdale sex attack, the 1995 abduction and rape of a 17-year-old girl from Claremont, and a sample retrieved from Ms Glennon’s fingernails.
Mr Edwards was charged with the sex attack and rape offences following his arrest, but denied any involvement until the eve of this murder trial, when he changed his plea to guilty.
He has pleaded not guilty to the murders of Ms Spiers, Ms Rimmer and Ms Glennon.

https://www.watoday.com.au/national...ont-killer-s-former-home-20200406-p54hmo.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back