Rumour Clayton Oliver

Remove this Banner Ad

I can guarantee you Oliver won't be lining up Opening Round.
I dunno.. word on the sms line has it Joel Smith’s got the entire squad lining up for round 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does smack of the Eagles getting Cousins on the park to say ‘look, nothing to see here’.
I think Melbourne have been pretty up front about the complexity of his situation. Kind of sounds like things could go bad at any point the way it’s been spoken of. But I’m happy with the way the club have handled it. Probably better for him to be playing rather than sitting in the stands.

Last edited:
He is probably far better off playing the game than being away from it.
At least keeps him a lot busier during the week in preparation for matchday.
Exactly what they said about Cousins. It didn’t help him up to now.

I think Melbourne have been pretty up front about the complexity of his situation. Kind of sounds like things could go bad at any point the way it’s been spoken of. But I’m happy with the way the club have handled it. Probably better for him to be playing rather than sitting in the stands.
I don’t think they have been upfront at all. ‘Complex mental health issues’ is just another way to not say ‘drug ****ed’. That and the constant talk of the culture being ‘great’ suggests they either have their head in the sand or are addressing it but are not gonna admit to a damn thing. And look, people are entitled to their privacy but when you misbehave in public, it’s simply not easy to hide.

Exactly what they said about Cousins. It didn’t help him up to now.

I don’t think they have been upfront at all. ‘Complex mental health issues’ is just another way to not say ‘drug ****ed’. That and the constant talk of the culture being ‘great’ suggests they either have their head in the sand or are addressing it but are not gonna admit to a damn thing. And look, people are entitled to their privacy but when you misbehave in public, it’s simply not easy to hide.
No ones denying that we haven’t been provided the full details. And why should we be? I get it leads to people online making up stories and laugh at suggestions he’ll play round one. Where are those people now?
You are comparing this to Cousins. That happened a long time ago and I think he was in a much worse spot than Oliver. What do you suggest? He plays VFL practice matches for a couple of weeks? He’s clearly met the expectations the club set.

No ones denying that we haven’t been provided the full details. And why should we be? I get it leads to people online making up stories and laugh at suggestions he’ll play round one. Where are those people now?
You are comparing this to Cousins. That happened a long time ago and I think he was in a much worse spot than Oliver. What do you suggest? He plays VFL practice matches for a couple of weeks? He’s clearly met the expectations the club set.
I don’t know his personal situation but from the outside looking in, and knowing what I know about addiction, six or so weeks isn’t enough time to go from where he was to business as usual. I would have thought a decent stint of rehab and recovery would be the bare minimum.

But good luck to him, hope it works out.

Ah pump the brakes champion.
Looks like he has a few hoops to get through before we hang the Brownlow around his neck.

Yeah righto champ. I merely stated that he'd be strapping up the boots by the start of the season & due to his recent good work, as predicted, he is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back